Photo

Nets Reopen Trade Talks For Carmelo (Pg. 23)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#41 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted August 19, 2010 - 07:14 PM

He can wish on a star, but New York is where the Anthony's minds are! Posted Image
  • LakersChamps243 likes this

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#42 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted August 19, 2010 - 08:40 PM

"The one thing I think there's a danger for everybody is that there are a lot of people on a one-year rope," Karl said, according to the report. "And I think that's somewhat dangerous; there's a lot of junk that goes with one-year ropes."

He right about that, worse thing if you wish to build a team long-term

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#43 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,473 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 19, 2010 - 11:26 PM

He can wish on a star, but New York is where the Anthony's minds are! Posted Image

Hahaha someone's gotta give you a plus one for that. Might as well be me lol :rock:
  • The Big Fish likes this

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#44 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted August 19, 2010 - 11:41 PM

Hahaha someone's gotta give you a plus one for that. Might as well be me lol :rock:

Lol thanks a lot. Posted Image I ran out but I will give you a plus one for sure tomorrow Posted Image

Edited by TheBigFish, August 19, 2010 - 11:42 PM.

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#45 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,162 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted August 20, 2010 - 10:19 AM

Knicks May Not Have Assets To Trade For Carmelo

Posted Image

Carmelo Anthony is making it known that New York is his preferred destination, but the Knicks may not have the assets to satisfy the Denver Nuggets, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

"What do they have?" a Nuggets source said. "That makes it tough."

There are reports that the Knicks' offer would include Eddy Curry's expiring contract, a future first-round pick and Danilo Gallinari, although Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni will try to replace Gallinari with Wilson Chandler in a proposed trade for Anthony.

Anthony is scheduled to become a free agent on July 1, but the Nuggets will likely deal the All-Star forward between now and the February trading deadline if he declines to sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension. Anthony's college coach, Syracuse's Jim Boeheim, said last week that he believed it would be difficult for Anthony to not sign the contract.

While Anthony, who was born in Brooklyn, wants to join the Knicks, there are other clubs he would consider signing with if they traded for him, including the Nets, Bulls, Rockets and Magic.

No deal for Anthony is imminent, especially since Denver is in the process of interviewing candidates for its vacant general manager job. The GM's first order of business will be to convince Anthony to sign an extension. If Anthony insists on being traded, there is no guarantee he would be dealt before the start of the season.

http://www.nydailyne...anthony_fr.html

#46 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• LN Staff
  • 11,162 posts

Posted August 20, 2010 - 10:21 AM

Nuggets Want GM In Place Before Making Decision On Carmelo

Posted Image

The Nuggets claim they haven't engaged in any trade discussions involving forward Carmelo Anthony and they aren't likely to until they have a general manager in place.

The Denver Post reports that all signs point to former Suns executive David Griffin being the top candidate and an announcement could come next week.

Nothing has been finalized because the Nuggets are still talking to candidates.

Denver won't make any moves regarding Anthony until a general manager is in place and he is able to sit down and talk with the forward.

http://www.denverpos...ets/ci_15822582

#47 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• LN Staff
  • 11,162 posts

Posted August 20, 2010 - 10:24 AM

Just The Knicks On Melo's Wish List?

Posted Image

Carmelo Anthony's wish list could consist of a single destination.

"Melo wants it all," said his friend, indicating that Anthony's desire is to play for the Knicks.

Like many clubs, the Mavericks would naturally have interest in acquiring Anthony but the team reportedly believes that New York is where Anthony intends to wind up.

Without Anthony agreeing to sign an extension with the team to which the Nuggets would trade him -- a rare 'extend-and-trade' scenario -- Denver could have a hard time receiving quality offers in return.

"Carmelo wants the legacy. The fastest way for him to become a transcendent player is to get away from the Lakers (and the Western Conference), lead the Knicks to success, get that endorsement money, and be close to home (on the East Coast)," said a source. "He’s as concerned about his ‘image’ and his ‘profile’ as any player in the NBA. If he can pull this off, he’s right there with LeBron and Kobe."

http://www.foxsports...381&feedID=4519

#48 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,473 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 20, 2010 - 11:55 PM

Lol thanks a lot. Posted Image I ran out but I will give you a plus one for sure tomorrow Posted Image

Hell Ya thanks bro hahaha :rock:

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#49 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• LN Staff
  • 11,162 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 05:47 PM

Carmelo A Clipper?

Posted Image

Meanwhile, if the Nuggets cannot convince Carmelo Anthony to sign an extension with the team and they decide to trade him at some point, could it be to the Los Angeles Clippers? I’m hearing it could be a possibility. It would get both he and his wife, La La, out to where entertainment opportunities are plentiful, which is key factor in their decision to want to move on. The Nuggets might be able to get a good young player or two or draft picks, and Anthony would be able to play on a team with some good up-and-coming talent.

http://blogs.denverp...content=Twitter

#50 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:18 PM

Gordon/Melo/Griffin?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#51 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:25 PM

Haha, Melo to the Clippers. Posted Image

#52 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Gordon/Melo/Griffin?

That would suck for teams out West. That's actually a really good trio with a LOT of potential.

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:54 PM

That would suck for teams out West. That's actually a really good trio with a LOT of potential.

and they still have Kaman as well. just drafted bledsoe. still have butler and baron davis

if they only had a competent front office I guess

Edited by Windu, August 23, 2010 - 08:54 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:54 PM

The Clippers have talent right now, but I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to [expletive] it up. They're not going anywhere until Sterling is gone Posted Image

#55 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:55 PM

i'd love to see carmelo in LA. some LA vs LA matchups in the playoffs would be nice.

#56 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:55 PM

obviously, denver is going to want some of those parts in exchange though

Pau Gasol is GONE

#57 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 10:35 PM

Possible. Only if Denver wants to rebuild. The Clippers have various young pieces outside of Griffin to offer (although he's the first player Denver will ask for).

If they're willing to part with Gordon and package him with Aminu + Bledsoe/Jordan then I don't see how Denver can't take a hard look at that. They get some high quality young talent in return. Solid perimeter player in Gordon, Aminu is a nice project you can develop to eventually replace Carmelo at the 3 in the coming years and Jordan is another project, but he's a big man which Denver could use at this point.

There will be better offers, though.

#58 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 24, 2010 - 09:35 AM

The Nuggets would surely ask for Gordon, Kaman, and/or Griffin if he were to be dealt there.

Just another player with a complete lack of leadership skills and the maturity to step up when it counts on the Clippers.

It would be a perfect fit.

#59 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts

Posted August 26, 2010 - 02:42 PM

http://tinyurl.com/2bds628

Carmelo Anthony(notes) wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,” said a front-office executive who’s talked with the Nuggets and Anthony’s agents with CAA.

Between the agents’ bullying and Anthony’s dismissive disposition in Sunday’s meeting, sources said Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, Josh’s father, finally made a stand with CAA.

Keep it up, and the Nuggets will never do a deal for one of your clients again.

Try to dictate terms of a trade and we won’t move him.

Keep up the heavy-handedness and you’ll get a war.

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair. Denver is willing to trade Anthony, J.R. Smith(notes) and Kenyon Martin(notes), and start over again, sources said.

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

Golden State and Houston are contenders, too. What’s more, the Charlotte Bobcats are a sleeper because of Anthony’s Brand Jordan shoe deal and the team’s ability to give the Nuggets a salary-dump proposal.

Back in mid-July, the Kroenkes had to travel to New York for Anthony’s wedding to finally realize he no longer intended to sign their extension offer. The reception spiraled into an evening of Chris Paul(notes) and Anthony’s brother making toasts about a future partnership for Anthony and Paul in New York with the Knicks. With nothing to trade for Anthony, though, New York isn’t considered a strong contender in the eyes of Denver management.

Few can be as strong-minded and willful as Stan Kroenke, and it doesn’t matter the Nuggets will be turned over to his son Josh by the end of the year. Stan still will be lording over the franchise, and the billionaire has shown an old-school ability to carry through on his convictions once you’ve lost him as an ally.

With the way that CAA has tried to muscle and manipulate the market this summer, a source said Stan Kroenke, freshly approved as the St. Louis Rams owner, feels further emboldened in the NBA’s collective bargaining talks to push for a “franchise player” tag that teams could slap on superstars like the one the NFL uses. NBA owners are still far from seriously discussing that issue, but CAA’s manipulation of Anthony and Paul while under contract has become an increasingly sore subject within the league.

For now, the departure of Denver general manager Mark Warkentien and the increased influence of Kroenke advisor Bret Bearup means there won’t be much of a fight within the organization to stay the course with Anthony, sources said. Denver has hired Masai Ujiri as its new GM, but he doesn’t arrive with the authority to make major moves. Things have deteriorated too fast and grown too nasty to believe Denver will turn back now. ‘Melo is on the market, and the bidding has begun.

Edited by MDI, August 26, 2010 - 02:43 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#60 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted August 26, 2010 - 02:43 PM

Isn't there already a thread of this if im not Mistaken

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg