Bulls prepared to add T-Mac (pg.25)

• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#21 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:39 PM

Clutch, with all due respect, if you're a Laker fan first than an Iverson fan, then you shouldn't want this guy with us. However, if you're an Iverson fan first than a Laker fan, I can see how it makes sense the way you think.

i gotta see what type of attitude he is comin back with, i know in his mind he knows he can still go and play a lot of minutes and be a starter (i agree with him to some extent) but if he comes back with a, "bench me, i dont care, w.e it takes" time of mentality then i think lakers should give him a shot

at this point if he REALLY wants to win a ring, unless he goes to miami (they have no real pg) and they get wade another superstar and that team will be a contender, he wont be winnin anywhere else as a starter i dont think...so lets see how he comes back, last few years were just rough, but iverson always comes back strong

i think this group of guys (ron, odom, kobe, pau, fisher), and phil jackson...they can keep him in check

BUT sorry i apologize, iverson doesnt really have anything to do with this thread lol

t-mac...honestly...a veteran like that on the bench who was a superstar (ala gary payton) i mean..i dont think it will hurt...ANYTHING would be an upgrade from the bench we have right now lol

Edited by Clutch, June 20, 2010 - 07:41 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#22 SB_12

SB_12

Rookie

• 514 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:Shannon brown

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:42 PM

I remember T mac sayin he would accept MIN on a contendor.

If we could get luke +sasha for a decent pg we would be set. Heck, maybe even have kobe be PG
Posted Image

#23 Alex.com

Alex.com

Back @ it Like a Crack Addict

• 1,240 posts
  • Name:Alejandro Herrera
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:46 PM

Everyone wants to come to LA hell yea hopefully we get a good PG some some decent back ups

Posted Image

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,770 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:55 PM

T-mac = 10 times the baketball intelligence of shannon brown

LMAO T-mac off the bench equals big time lead extensions
Posted Image

#25 r9fan

r9fan

Rookie

• 248 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:58 PM

if he actually is willing to come off the bench, i would love to have him. Are you kidding me? A player of that ability off the bench would make our bench the hands down strongest in the league. in fact, our bench would be stronger than a lot of starting 5 in the league:

PG: ridnour/felton/farmar
SG: shannon
SF: TMAC
PF: Odom
C: probably bynum or gasol or maybe even powell

thats a good damn bench

not to mention that addition of tmac gives us a lot of flexibility in crunch time, and gives us another capable scoring option who can create his own shot, which is a big problem for us because else than kobe, there isn't another player on this roster who can comfortable create his own shot off the dribble.

Edited by mo altarhuni, June 20, 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#26 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 08:05 PM

Just curious, is he a FA??

#27 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• Banned
  • 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted June 20, 2010 - 08:08 PM

You people do understand this is from bleacher report.. right?

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#28 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Name:dell d
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2010 - 08:11 PM

I don't think this article is too good to be true. TMac has his money, now he only needs a ring, The Lakers will be the best shot, plus he is good freinds with Kobe. I would absolutly love having T-Mac, Ridenour and Shaq coming off our bench next year. I beleive we could get each of those guys for a decent price. I bet we could get Shaq and T-Mac for the Vet Min, which is only like 1-2 million a year. We could probably get Ridenour for the MLE.
A lineup of:
Fish/Ridenour
Kobe/Mcgrady/Sasha
Artest/Mcgrady/Luke
Pau/Odom
Bynum/Shaq.

Looks pretty darn impressive to me. The key is chemistry. As long as Shaq can control his ego and give Kobe the praise, then we shouldn't have any problem bringing Shaq back. Plus, because Shaq is past his prime, I don't think there will be a conflict. Ridenour may not be the best point gaurd out there, but I think he will be an improvment over Farmar, and can play decent minutes if we need him too. I am really intrigued about the possibility of having Odom, T-Mac, and Shaq coming off the bench, with a shooter like Ridenour who can drain threes when left open.

#29 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 20, 2010 - 08:34 PM

Just curious, is he a FA??

Yes.

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 20, 2010 - 08:51 PM

Haha, sounds too good to be true, but I'd love it if he came here. Super-sub off the bench? An Odom/T-Mac duo off the bench when our starters need a breather? Sign me up. If we could get him cheap, there's no reason why we shouldn't want him.

#31 003

Rookie

• 323 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Mambalishis Noir

Posted June 20, 2010 - 08:54 PM

through all the struggles tmac's still been my fav non laker player in the nba, i would love to have him come off the bench for us. Start him slow, let him get his rhythm and watch him put it into beast mode in the playoffs.

doubt this happens though the article said he wants min MLE, i think that might be too much of a gamble.
Stop me if you can opponents. Then I will just pass to Kobe. Or maybe Kobe will pass to me. Or maybe Gasol might pass to Bynum. You're F*&#ed" -RON RON

#32 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:01 PM

Free Agents 10-11

tenor.gif

#33 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,906 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:51 PM

spot up 3 shooter with no major responsibility of running the offense or be relied upon in the defense, Ideally the guy would be the instant offense that would be nice to have (i.e. 10+ points a game).
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#34 Alex.com

Alex.com

Back @ it Like a Crack Addict

• 1,240 posts
  • Name:Alejandro Herrera
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:01 PM

DO IT MITCH!

Posted Image

#35 BarcaLakerfan4life

BarcaLakerfan4life

I Bleed Purple And Gold

• 708 posts
  • Name:Junior
  • Fan Since:Since Forever
  • Fav. Laker:None

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:08 PM

i say sign him hes better than the trash we have on the bench right now.
  • The Big Fish likes this
Laker Legend

#36 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:15 PM

This guy is a gametime decision EVERY WEEK. Do we really want him? Do we really need to depend him in the playoffs?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#37 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:16 PM

This guy is a gametime decision EVERY WEEK. Do we really want him? Do we really need to depend him in the playoffs?

Lol. He is a bench player. 20 minutes tops...

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#38 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:17 PM

Lol. He is a bench player. 20 minutes tops...

But Phil likes to have a reliable 8-9 man rotation. This guy can't get through a 82 man season, hes too fragile this late in his career

Now if you're talking second half of the year 30-40 games and then playoffs, im all for it. No chance in hell he can stay healthy for 82 games if he joins the team in October

Edited by MDI, June 20, 2010 - 10:18 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#39 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:20 PM

And besides Ron and T-slack have some drama from their Houston days. Ron called him out for being the leader of the team and not acting like it because he was playing piss poor defense.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#40 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:24 PM

And besides Ron and T-slack have some drama from their Houston days. Ron called him out for being the leader of the team and not acting like it because he was playing piss poor defense.

Ouch didn't know that. And T-Mac should be well rested. He has been working out and should be FINALLY healthy. The Knicks didn't play him much at all so he had a free year off basically. He should be ready to go...

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users