493 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 36,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:56 PM

http://bleacherrepor...ested-in-lakers

Tracy McGrady would like to sign with the 2010 NBA champion Lakers, and has forwarded that sentiment to his agent and close colleagues, according to sources within the Lakers' front office.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 foreverla

foreverla

Rookie

• 24 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:trevor ariza

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:57 PM

Bleacher Report isn't really the most reliable source. Anyone can post on BR.

#3 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:58 PM

t-mac, iverson, mike miller, shaq

bring em allllllllll baby!!

Edited by Clutch, June 20, 2010 - 06:58 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#4 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:01 PM

t-mac, iverson, mike miller, shaq

bring em allllllllll baby!!

This is a joke, right?

Bleeding purple & gold...

#5 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,351 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:02 PM

I don't buy it...

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:06 PM

…Ron Artest, the defensive-minded role player who played a huge factor in this year’s Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals, has reached out to McGrady to “end his career as a champion.”

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Posted Image

Tracy McGrady would like to sign with the 2010 NBA champion Lakers, and has forwarded that sentiment to his agent and close colleagues, according to sources within the Lakers' front office.

Tracy McGrady, a perennial All-Star and two-time NBA Scoring champion, has undergone a significant hit to his reputation after failed stints in Toronto, Orlando, and Houston. To date, McGrady has not gone past the first-round in the NBA playoffs.

After having battled various knee and back injuries in the past couple years, Tracy McGrady has been working himself back into shape under the strenuous regimen of esteemed athletic trainer Tim Grover. Now that he has finished his physical rehabilitation program, McGrady is feeling rejuvenated enough to make a return in the 2010-2011 NBA season.

Despite having limited intentions to use the Mid-Level Exception this summer, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak would consider pulling the trigger on the seven-time All-Star swingman should he accept a paycut at the MLE. Ron Artest, the defensive-minded role player who played a huge factor in this year's Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals, has reached out to McGrady to "end his career as a champion."

The Lakers are willing to explore a potential reunion of former Houston teammates Ron Artest and Tracy McGrady once the July 1 free agency begins.

In Los Angeles, Tracy McGrady would be asked to come off the bench as a role player, similar to what Lakers' forward Lamar Odom has done in the past two seasons. McGrady would provide the Lakers' bench unit with some offensive firepower and stability, and be another deadly weapon in the already loaded Lakers' arsenal.

Most importantly, the acquisition of Tracy McGrady would address the important need for a secondary slasher besides Kobe Bryant. As advocated by Laker great Jerry West, "I think they do need some changes. If you look, they have some free agents that are coming up but the thing that would most concern me is I think they need someone else other than Kobe Bryant getting in the lane."

Moreover, unlike former teams in which he was asked to carry the team throughout the entire season, Tracy McGrady understands that a potential role with the Lakers would not require such an emotionally draining position of leadership. McGrady has tremendous respect for the reigning Finals MVP Kobe Bryant, and has made it known that he would gladly accept a lesser role to play alongside whom he considers the best basketball player in the world.

As expressed by one high-ranked official within the Lakers' management, should Tracy McGrady not return to the New York Knicks next season or spurn retirement, "expect the deal to get done by end of July."

http://bleacherrepor...ested-in-lakers

Looks like T-Mac still interested in signing with the Lakers. Last year he said he wanted to sign with the Lakers if he were to be bought out after being traded. Guess he really wants to play along side his best friend, Kobe.

#8 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:11 PM

Epic source...

#9 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:12 PM

Sounds too good to be true, but it's nice to hope.

#10 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:13 PM

This is a joke, right?

i dont want shaq, i dont really have much of an opinion on t-mac, i dont mind mike miller...but i personally just love iverson still and want him to win with the lakers lol

bw1wOGf.png

#11 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• Banned
  • 6,790 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:14 PM

It's from the Bleacher Report. I could go in there and submit an article about Kobe being traded and people
would freak out and believe it. It's not a reliable source.

#12 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:15 PM

Clutch, with all due respect, if you're a Laker fan first than an Iverson fan, then you shouldn't want this guy with us. However, if you're an Iverson fan first than a Laker fan, I can see how it makes sense the way you think.

#13 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:17 PM

This is a joke, right?

Why not, our bench will look like the 99 All-Star team! Minus Mike Miller, but I think he'd be the best acquisition out of all of them.

Clutch, with all due respect, if you're a Laker fan first than an Iverson fan, then you shouldn't want this guy with us. However, if you're an Iverson fan first than a Laker fan, I can see how it makes sense the way you think.

I honestly think AI has changed but didn't get a chance to show it in Philly. I always hated him. But after that 1 press conference I couldn't help feel for the guy, and think he finally got it!
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#14 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,417 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:21 PM

even though its not a good source he and kobe and ron are all good friends so I would think he would really wanna come to L.A

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,429 posts

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:22 PM

I'll take T-Mac off the bench for the Vet's minimum.

#16 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• Banned
  • 691 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:22 PM

i luv tmac but damn every1 is jumping on the kb bandwagon! lol

#17 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:27 PM

Thank God some of you aren't the GM.
  • LakersTao likes this

Bleeding purple & gold...

#18 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,918 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:29 PM

Good idea and I think it would be a great addition to this team.

I look forward to this getting done. (well, hoping)

Bye-Bye either Luke, Sasha and/or Farmar.

tenor.gif

#19 Luffy

Luffy

Rookie

• 20 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:31 PM

here's the video back in fall 2008 when ron artest was with t-mac on the rockets

stephen smith asked tracy mcgrady who he would want to play with should he decided to go ring chasing, t-mac said kobe bryant.

#20 Kobeisdaman

Kobeisdaman

Rookie

• 134 posts
  • Name:Nick B.
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:31 PM

Would love to see T-mac or Iverson as a laker. Personally I like Iverson better, but T-mac is probably less of a liability.
We'll be back next year.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users