201 replies to this topic

#41 Makaveli

Makaveli

meh

• 13,328 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted June 07, 2010 - 05:38 PM

You're Never Over is dedicated to Proof. 
starts off like this:

"If Proof could see me now,
I know he'd be proud,
somewhere in me deep down,
there's something in me he found,
that made him believe in me,
not no one can beat me now.."

The best track besides maybe Not Afraid and Won't Back Down on this album. 

Edited by #24, June 07, 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#42 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted June 07, 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hello could you PM me the link please, thanks

check your pm.

#43 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,741 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted June 07, 2010 - 05:40 PM

GET IT!

[moderator]can't post links[/moderator]
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#44 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:10 PM

time to see if he brings it

Posted Image

#45 Makaveli

Makaveli

meh

• 13,328 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:12 PM

time to see if he brings it

He does IMO. I don't like some of the beats he has chosen, but overall Recovery is a lot better than Relapse was. 

#46 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:16 PM

pm'd bz and wos

Thanks.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#47 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:23 PM

been listening for like 10 minutes two a couple of minutes of a couple of songs, and its already better than relapse

Posted Image

#48 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:27 PM

Merged the two threads.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#49 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:29 PM

Up to track 13, this is very very good so far.

zombie

#50 Makaveli

Makaveli

meh

• 13,328 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:33 PM

Easily better than Relapse.

Won't Back Down, Not Afraid, Going Through Changes, Space Bound, You're Never Over and No Love are all great tracks. And i haven't gotten into these songs yet. lol

#51 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• Banned
  • 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:36 PM

WAY better than Relapse!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#52 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's

Posted June 07, 2010 - 06:41 PM

Best since The Eminem Show for sure. :rock:

zombie

#53 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• Banned
  • 6,790 posts

Posted June 07, 2010 - 09:56 PM

I posted the link on my Twitter.

http://twitter.com/S...tus/15686484520

#54 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,858 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted June 08, 2010 - 02:16 AM

I honestly don't feel "Recovery" ... The lyrics a kind of dope, but most of the beats suck ... idk .. maybe I need to listen it a couple more time ...

Edited by Saber, June 08, 2010 - 02:16 AM.

#55 lakerzkb8

lakerzkb8

Rookie

• 80 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 03:10 AM

K this is my opinion so don't hate lol..

I'm disappointed with the album to be honest. The beats and choruses are pretty average. I've just heard it all before by other artists. I'm tired of the formulaic verse-someone singing on the chorus- verse 2 and so on. Half of the album was just singalong choruses that were just simple and generic as hell. It was a nice listen from start to finish, but im underwhelmed overall it doesn't have much replay value. Eminem's a lyrical powerhouse so he carries every song, but the high pitched rapping over a beat, multis, etc just wear on you after a few tracks in. I can't see myself hearing more then half of the album 6 months to a year from now

With that said, one song that I absolutely LOVED was Space Bound. What an amazing song. It just had this vibe that i can't put my finger on, but it just stood out and blew me away. Loved Em's flow and the chorus is GREAT.

Well i guess thats the end of Em's comeback. he has a line on talking to myself where he says that he was drugs on Encore, flushing it out on relapse, and that on recovery he's back to normal, but I disagree. i think recovery was him just facing his demons and finally letting go. I don't think he's absolutely there yet which is a shame because he's such an amazing rapper only to have his personal life really effect his music. i think his NEXT album is going to be a CLASSIC, i think he's in a good place right now to put all this stuff behind him with the drugs, proof, 2nd divorce, his status in rap, etc. I think it'll be a while until we get another album, but I think he has one left in him before he hangs up his jersey. I don't see Em rapping past 40.

Overall if I had to rank his albums

1. Marshall Mathers LP- Lyricacally no one can eff with him on this album. This album alone solidified him as one of the best ever. The Way I Am and Stan are just classics. He slowed it down, sped it up, and the balls to really express himself. Classic album 10/10

2. Eminem Show- Didn't have the shock value of MM LP, but he brought more emotion and took his music another direction. Im glad he didn't make a sequel to MM LP. I wouldn't say he got better as a rapper, but he defiantly evolved and put together a consistently good album top to bottom. Square Dance, Haileys Song, Superman, Sing for the moment, and Til i Collapse are my favs. Classic album for me 9.5/10

3. Relapse- Love or hate album. Personally I loved it. It lacked substance, his rhymes made you scratch your head, and his accent got annoying at times but it's definantly a DIFFERENT album. This album was just upbeat, had longer verses, and had LOUD beats. it has A LOT of replay value if you liked the album. His flow was on another level. I didn't take much away from this album, i just enjoy listening to it. Favs are Insane, Stay Wide Awake, medicine ball, must be the ganja, beautiful, and underground. Great album mainly because its catchy and has replay value for me 8.5/10

4. Slim Shady LP- A lot of people would rank this as #2 or 3 in his discography, but I got this at 4 because it just feels like a weaker version of the MM LP ( both have that F U and F the world vibe). Everytime im in the mood to hear this album after 2-3 tracks I switch to the MM LP. I think his storytelling and wittyness is amazing on this album though, and that kenneth kaniff and soap skit make me lol. LOVE guilty conscious, 97 bonnie and clyde, role model, just don't and still give a F, as the world turns, brain damage. 8/10

5. Recovery- Reviewed the album already. Felt like more of the same for what other good rappers are doing right now. Too generic and formulaic for me. It's his most mature album, and im glad he touched some topics he hasn't touched before but overall it underwhelmed. His flow was on point, but his high pitched rapping, the multis, etc wear on you after a while. No song really jumped out minus Space bound. Cinderella man, talking to myself, seduction, going through changes, and you're never over, and won't back down will get some more listens but can't say the same for the rest of the album 7/10 ( would be 6/10 if not for space bound)

6. Encore- This album is lazy and just a mess. Like toy soldiers, mockingbird, evil deeds, yellowbrick road and mosh are good tracks but thats about it. My first single, [expletive] like that, big weenie, just lose it, etc made me wants to snap the cd. 5/10

i didn't review infinite because i've only heard 'its okay' and '313', both were good songs though. Had an early 90's hip hop vibe to it and I dig it, i'll definantly give the whole album a listen soon.

#56 woswill

woswill

Rookie

• Banned
  • 483 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 08, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Relapse above slim shady lp? Ouch
  • Spooky likes this
*you know the rules...no quoting members in your sig space*

#57 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,581 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 09:20 AM

I'm surprised at how much of the content is solely about love and girls and relationships.

Not complaining, I'm loving this CD, but it's practically every song!

#58 Makaveli

Makaveli

meh

• 13,328 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 09:42 AM

I honestly don't feel "Recovery" ... The lyrics a kind of dope, but most of the beats suck ... idk .. maybe I need to listen it a couple more time ...

I felt the same way after listening to the album for the first time. The more you listen to every song on it, the more you'll start to like them.

#59 Makaveli

Makaveli

meh

• 13,328 posts

Posted June 08, 2010 - 09:47 AM

K this is my opinion so don't hate lol..

I'm disappointed with the album to be honest.  The beats and choruses are pretty average. I've just heard it all before by other artists. I'm tired of the formulaic verse-someone singing on the chorus- verse 2 and so on.  Half of the album was just singalong choruses that were just simple and generic as hell.    It was a nice listen from start to finish, but im underwhelmed overall it doesn't have much replay value.    Eminem's a lyrical powerhouse so he carries every song, but the high pitched rapping over a beat, multis, etc just wear on you after a few tracks in.   I can't see myself hearing more then half of the album 6 months to a year from now

With that said, one song that I absolutely LOVED was Space Bound.  What an amazing song.  It just had this vibe that i can't put my finger on, but it just stood out and blew me away.  Loved Em's flow and the chorus is GREAT.

Well i guess thats the end of Em's comeback.  he has a line on talking to myself where he says that he was drugs on Encore, flushing it out on relapse, and that on recovery he's back to normal, but I disagree.  i think recovery was him just facing his demons and finally letting go.  I don't think he's absolutely there yet which is a shame because he's such an amazing rapper only to have his personal life really effect his music.  i think his NEXT album is going to be a CLASSIC, i think he's in a good place right now to put all this stuff behind him with the drugs, proof, 2nd divorce, his status in rap, etc.  I think it'll be a while until we get another album, but I think he has one left in him before he hangs up his jersey.  I don't see Em rapping past 40.

Overall if I had to rank his albums

1. Marshall Mathers LP- Lyricacally no one can eff with him on this album.  This album alone solidified him as one of the best ever.  The Way I Am and Stan are just classics.  He slowed it down, sped it up, and the balls to really express himself.  Classic album 10/10

2. Eminem Show-  Didn't have the shock value of MM LP, but he brought more emotion and took his music another direction.  Im glad he didn't make a sequel to MM LP.  I wouldn't say he got better as a rapper, but he defiantly evolved and put together a consistently good album top to bottom.  Square Dance, Haileys Song, Superman, Sing for the moment, and Til i Collapse are my favs.  Classic album for me 9.5/10

3. Relapse-  Love or hate album.  Personally I loved it.  It lacked substance, his rhymes made you scratch your head, and his accent got annoying at times but it's definantly a DIFFERENT album.  This album was just upbeat, had longer verses, and had LOUD beats.  it has A LOT of replay value if you liked the album.  His flow was on another level.  I didn't take much away from this album, i just enjoy listening to it.  Favs are Insane, Stay Wide Awake, medicine ball, must be the ganja, beautiful, and underground.  Great album mainly because its catchy and has replay value for me 8.5/10

4. Slim Shady LP-  A lot of people would rank this as #2 or 3 in his discography, but I got this at 4 because it just feels like a weaker version of the MM LP ( both have that F U and F the world vibe).   Everytime im in the mood to hear this album after 2-3 tracks I switch to the MM LP.  I think his storytelling and wittyness is amazing on this album though, and that kenneth kaniff and soap skit make me lol.  LOVE guilty conscious,  97 bonnie and clyde, role model, just don't and still give a F, as the world turns, brain damage.  8/10

5. Recovery-  Reviewed the album already.  Felt like more of the same for what other good rappers are doing right now.  Too generic and formulaic for me.  It's his most mature album, and im glad he touched some topics he hasn't touched before but overall it underwhelmed.  His flow was on point, but his high pitched rapping, the multis, etc wear on you after a while.  No song really jumped out minus Space bound.  Cinderella man, talking to myself,  seduction, going through changes, and you're never over, and won't back down will get some more listens but can't say the same for the rest of the album   7/10 ( would be 6/10 if not for space bound)

6. Encore- This album is lazy and just a mess.  Like toy soldiers, mockingbird, evil deeds, yellowbrick road and mosh are good tracks but thats about it.  My first single, [expletive] like that, big weenie, just lose it, etc made me wants to snap the cd. 5/10

i didn't review infinite because i've only heard 'its okay' and '313', both were good songs though.  Had an early 90's hip hop vibe to it and I dig it, i'll definantly give the whole album a listen soon.

Man, wow. Relapse over Slim Shady LP. 

I'd put Recovery right there with Marshall Mathers LP and Slim Shady LP. I'm not fond to some of the beats and collabs Eminem has chosen, but Recovery will go down as a classic. Best Em album since MM LP.

#60 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted June 08, 2010 - 03:31 PM

Relaspe on top 3 is [expletive]ing joke

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users