Photo

Game 3: Thunder 101 - Lakers 96 (LAL Leads 2-1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
952 replies to this topic

#941 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,697 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2010 - 10:41 AM

I think James Harden outscored our entire bench.

Seriously, we have the worst bench in the league. May have some WNBA benches that are better than ours.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#942 lakeshow24

lakeshow24

Rookie

• 422 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted April 23, 2010 - 10:47 AM

They scored 17 more points than us from the free throw line, and shot 22 more. Come on now, take away just 5 of those during the course of the game and the Lakers would have a manageable lead the entire time, take away 10 and we have a very easy win, take away 15, make it even on attempts and we run them out by over by 30 plus, guaranteed. It kept them close and kept them in striking distance. Learn something about basketball and the flow of a game before you make ridiculous claims like that one. The Lakers made 5 more field (38 v 33) goals than OKC and 2 more 3 pointers (10 v 8), We also shot a respectable 45% from the field to their 41%. We then proceeded to lose the game, so how did they lose? Freethrows, and where do those come from? Referees. When there is a discrepancy this big you either have to believe that the Lakers, a championship caliber team are refusing to change how they play defense, or the calls are being very one sided. In this game, the calls were one sided. All you really need to know is 5 more field goals, 2 more 3 pointers lose the game by more than 4, thats an officiating thing.

Lakers attempted 31 three pointers. 31. And the majority of them were attempted in the second half. When you settle for jumpshots, you don't get calls. When you don't attack the basket, you aren't gonna get calls. My god Kobe didn't even make an attempt to drive to the basket in the fourth and get to the line, he instead settled for jump shots.

No way in hell you can blame the refs for the Lakers not being aggressive and settling for jumpshots

#943 The Rhyming Ape

The Rhyming Ape

We Are Lasers

• 401 posts
  • Name:Jose

Posted April 23, 2010 - 10:51 AM

^^Actually, we shot 19 of them in the first half. So no, the majority of them weren't shot in the second half.

Posted Image

X X X X X X X X X X X X X 3 2 1

#944 lakeshow24

lakeshow24

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 10:59 AM

^^Actually, we shot 19 of them in the first half. So no, the majority of them weren't shot in the second half.

Ok but even still you can't expect to not have the other team shooting that much FT's than you when you take 31 threes and don't even make an attempt to drive the ball to the basket in the fourth.

I guess we are blaming the refs for the Lakers not being aggressive and settling for jumpshots

#945 The Rhyming Ape

The Rhyming Ape

We Are Lasers

• 401 posts
  • Name:Jose

Posted April 23, 2010 - 11:05 AM

We may have shot a lot more three's but we got a lot more shots in the pain and a considerable amount of fewer free throws.

Shot Chart

The disparity in the free throw attempts cannot and should not go unnoticed.

Posted Image

X X X X X X X X X X X X X 3 2 1

#946 Nak

Nak

Tank Commander

• 4,040 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2010 - 11:08 AM

They haven't reached 100 points in a single game yet, our offense sucks big time. Blame Kobe and our guard rotation for that issue.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#947 lakeshow24

lakeshow24

Rookie

• 422 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 11:17 AM

We may have shot a lot more three's but we got a lot more shots in the pain and a considerable amount of fewer free throws.

Shot Chart

The disparity in the free throw attempts cannot and should not go unnoticed.

Fourth quarter I see two attempts and the one make was Kobe making a useless layup with 13 seconds left. We could have won the game in the late third and fourth quarters if we were aggressive. We weren't we settled for jumpshots which is why we lost. Lakers took the mind set of their best player in the fourth and it cost them. When you are a bad 3 point shooting team, you don't take 31 of them

There were questionable calls and no calls but it didn't cost us the game. I really hate blaming the refs unless it is incredibly blatant like Game 2 of the 2008 Finals. Could have taken care of businbess despite the lack of FT attempts

#948 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• 6,422 posts

Posted April 23, 2010 - 12:27 PM

Gasol had only 2 shots in 4th qtr. Bynum: “Pau should definitely get more touches. Every time he touches the ball, something good happens.”

Read more: http://hoopshype.com...l#ixzz0lxP8fWc4

Gasol: "We had the game slip away from our hands when we had it under control."

Read more: http://hoopshype.com...l#ixzz0lxPjzHQg

Edited by ab4sure, April 23, 2010 - 12:30 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#949 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,607 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted April 23, 2010 - 05:56 PM

It's to bad we couldn't win this game. Derek Fisher was playing his heart out. He went 5-8 FG and 4-5 from 3-pt (17 points).
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#950 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,697 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2010 - 06:39 PM

It's to bad we couldn't win this game. Derek Fisher was playing his heart out. He went 5-8 FG and 4-5 from 3-pt (17 points).

I'm glad Fish finally decided to show up. Consistency please.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#951 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,607 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted April 23, 2010 - 07:00 PM

I'm glad Fish finally decided to show up. Consistency please.

Unfortunately nobody on the bench decided to show up. Lamar only had 6 rebounds while Durant had like 20 or more.
1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#952 Dwight N' Kobe

Dwight N' Kobe

Rookie

• 977 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Odom, Kobe

Posted April 23, 2010 - 08:04 PM

Unfortunately nobody on the bench decided to show up. Lamar only had 6 rebounds while Durant had like 20 or more.

19 rebounds.

#953 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,702 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2010 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users