Photo

Game 1: Lakers 87 - Thunder 79 (LAL Leads 1-0)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
849 replies to this topic

#841 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted April 18, 2010 - 02:28 PM

What you and some don't get is...no one can guard Westbrook on a fast break....no one.

Our last line of defense was not there either. Westbrook scored 90% of his points running in a straight line before our defense had a chance to set up.
That and Durrant shooting FTs kept them in the game.

As I've said many times before.....WESTBROOK COULDN'T GUARD WESTBROOK.
However as a half court defensive player....Fish was on it and bodied RW out of a lot of plays
How many assists did he have???

I wasn't talking about just fast breaks. I'm talking all the time. Fisher can't guard any PG.

Shannon on Westbrook is a much better option. He's quicker and has the height.

#842 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• Banned
  • 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 18, 2010 - 02:32 PM

Some of you just automatically assume Fisher sucked against someone because his name is Fisher I think. It's not like anyone is going to slow down Westbrook, but Fisher did go using his strength and Westbrook got many points on the fast break where no one is fast enough to keep up with him..

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#843 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,869 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2010 - 02:42 PM

jezz, Kobe is taking forever to get to the press conf.

#844 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted April 18, 2010 - 02:48 PM

Ugly but got the job done.

Definitely Something Positive to Work off of.

Good Win.
Posted Image

Tuesday! Lets Get it!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#845 KBLakersUp

KBLakersUp

Rookie

• 357 posts
  • Name:ECN
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2010 - 03:08 PM

:rock: lets go lakerssss

Lakers are the G.O.A.T.
Posted Image

#846 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted April 18, 2010 - 04:07 PM

Lol Ron couldn't shoot to safe his life. The Thunder gave him open jumpshots all game long but he was unable to capitalize. But what I loved from Artest was his defense, sure he shot really poor but he didn't let that demoralize him. For all of those who said that Durant would have his way with Ron, what now? Durant shot a horrible 7-24 and had 4 to's. This is what we got him for, and he's surely going to prove his worth.

Kobe still isn't the same player that we saw last postseason, he's had a tough time finding any sort of rhythm. It's okay though (well atleast for this round) we don't need him to be spectacular in this series. Just like Artest, Kobe made himself really useful on defense today, he was all over the place. I lost track of how many deflections he had, he did a great job trapping and helping Ron, and that block on Durant during the fastbreak was nasty.

Rusell Westbrook was a monster today and he really hurt our transition defense. We did a horrible job getting back on defense and Wesbrook definitly made us pay. If it wasn't for Westbrook we would have blown this game open. Even in the half court set we have got to do a better job staying in front of Westbrook and even Maynor who got to the rim a couple times but was unable to finish.

Bynum and Pau played well for the most part today, which is expected. They still need to do a better job contesting shots when the Thunder penetrate to the hole.

All in all good game today, let's beat um big in Game 2.

Posted Image

#847 Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on TLN

• 389 posts
  • Name:JR Salazar
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 18, 2010 - 04:53 PM

This was good defense from Ron Artest. This was much better compared to the last game of the regular season from the guys. I agree with you Confidence, Westbrook was going to be a problem for us; luckily this is a team that can handle the likes of him.
Posted Image

#848 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,380 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted April 18, 2010 - 06:27 PM

This was a very interesting game. I was expecting this to be one of the fastest paced and highest scoring games of all the series. So far, it's been the lowest.

#849 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2010 - 10:38 AM

pretty much handled them wire to wire, this game was never in doubt, any time the Thunder made a push the Lakers pushed right back. Kobe didn't have a great game, but it is pretty evident that this team has no answer for our size and they are cooked in a 7 game series (going 5 max). Westbrook played out of his head, but honestly, he is a one of the better guards in this league and we are not going to have an answer for in this series, nor will we have an answer for any of the better point guards. It is our weakness, but we have size at the other positions, and I would take that any day. You can gameplan and teach people to double team a point guard or stay in front of a point guard, you can't teach them how to be a skilled 7 footer :)

#850 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2010 - 10:42 AM

You say Thunder shooting poorly, I say it was very good defense by the Lakers.

The win wasn't pretty, but it wasn't ugly either. The Thunder did play some very good defense. Gotta give them credit.

A win is a win in the playoffs. 3 more to go. :rock:

Anybody ever watch the Celtics a couple years back. Almost all of their victories looked pretty similar. The goal is not to score as many points as possible and get the fans tacos. The goal is to score more points than your opponent and control the entire game, which the Lakers did in this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users