#622 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2010 - 07:47 AM

They were open threes and if you don't take them you end up making the defense sag and hurt your interior game. An open shot by someone who has a good percentage on 3's should always be taken.

So what if they're open? Sasha and Luke miss wide open shots ALL THE TIME...they should attack the basket or pass the ball because a 3 is out of their range.

Sasha shoots 38% from 3 for his career and we all know he sucks.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#623 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• 6,422 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 08:59 AM

So what if they're open? Sasha and Luke miss wide open shots ALL THE TIME...they should attack the basket or pass the ball because a 3 is out of their range.

Sasha shoots 38% from 3 for his career and we all know he sucks.

So you want Artest a proven starter and good 3 point shooter passing up on wide open three's? smh I can guarantee you Phil doesn't agree.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#624 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:10 AM

So you want Artest a proven starter and good 3 point shooter passing up on wide open three's? smh I can guarantee you Phil doesn't agree.

We're not talking about Ron's abilities to be a starter. Leave that out of the discussion.

Phil wants aggressiveness and there's nothing more aggressive than attacking the basket when your shot isn't falling and his shot isn't falling...as I already illustrated.

Yeh, why don't you get Phil on a conference call between the three of us so he can personally tell me of your guarantee. :rolleyes:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#625 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• 6,422 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:17 AM

We're not talking about Ron's abilities to be a starter. Leave that out of the discussion.

Phil wants aggressiveness and there's nothing more aggressive than attacking the basket when your shot isn't falling and his shot isn't falling...as I already illustrated.

Yeh, why don't you get Phil on a conference call between the three of us so he can personally tell me of your guarantee. :rolleyes:

He is not a bench player and you put Sasha in the discussion. hypocrytical?

Forget Phil I don't think you will find many tln'rs saying Ron should pass up wide open looks at 3's. To do so only hurts your interior game.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#626 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:21 AM

He is not a bench player and you put Sasha in the discussion. hypocrytical?

Forget Phil I don't think you will find many tln'rs saying Ron should pass up wide open looks at 3's. To do so only hurts your interior game.

Sasha came into the discussion because you put wide open threes into the discussion. So no. It's not "hypocrytical".

You ever think about maybe there's a reason why Ron is left open?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#627 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• 6,422 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:31 AM

Sasha came into the discussion because you put wide open threes into the discussion. So no. It's not "hypocrytical".

You ever think about maybe there's a reason why Ron is left open?

You are being hypocrytical as you used the same reasoning when i brought kobe into a discussion about Artest. But then I am used to you posting by 2 different standards. One standard you allow yourself the other you expect of others.

Last night he was open becuz of good penetration into the paint and good ball movement.

PHIL JACKSON

#628 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:42 AM

You are being hypocrytical as you used the same reasoning when i brought kobe into a discussion about Artest. But then I am used to you posting by 2 different standards. One standard you allow yourself the other you expect of others.

Last night he was open becuz of good penetration into the paint and good ball movement.

No. I'm not being hypocrytical.

You just don't understand the differences.

3/8

Pau Gasol is GONE

#629 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 13, 2010 - 11:41 AM

No. I'm not being hypocrytical.

You just don't understand the differences.

3/8

That's a decent percentage. Artest is our best 3pt shooter and if they're wide open then take it. That's point of the triangle and playing inside-out. I honestly don't understand how you don't get that.

They leave Artest because they're playing Zone. They're doubling Kobe, Pau and Bynum in the post who then dish it out to the shooters like Artest and Fisher. It's not because Suns want you to take that shot, they just don't want the Lakers to beat them by using their top 3 scoring options. Thus the way of breaking up Zone defense.

Edited by Batz, March 13, 2010 - 11:42 AM.

#630 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 12:06 PM

That's a decent percentage. Artest is our best 3pt shooter and if they're wide open then take it. That's point of the triangle and playing inside-out. I honestly don't understand how you don't get that.

They leave Artest because they're playing Zone. They're doubling Kobe, Pau and Bynum in the post who then dish it out to the shooters like Artest and Fisher. It's not because Suns want you to take that shot, they just don't want the Lakers to beat them by using their top 3 scoring options. Thus the way of breaking up Zone defense.

Ron is NOT our best 3 PT shooter. I'd rather KB, Fish, LO, JF, and SB to shoot 3s than Ron at this point.

You don't break the zone by shooting jumpers...thats falling into the trap. You break zone defense by attacking the paint and moving the basketball.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#631 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• Banned
  • 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 13, 2010 - 12:06 PM

Good play tonight by Bynum..scoring wise
We got kinda physical tonight
They shot 42% but stayed in it by hitting a lot of FTs and timely 3s and by us missing half our FTs...really
Guys were hitting their perimeter shots
Kobe Scored 21, 10 boards, 8 assists

Thank you very much sure. :)

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#632 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 12:51 PM

Ron is NOT our best 3 PT shooter. I'd rather KB, Fish, LO, JF, and SB to shoot 3s than Ron at this point.

You don't break the zone by shooting jumpers...thats falling into the trap. You break zone defense by attacking the paint and moving the basketball.

He is our best 3pt shooter. He takes the most and makes the most and shoots the highest %. Thus making him our primary 3pt threat.

You do break zone by moving the ball and hitting the shot. That's what Lakers did. They moved the ball and ended up with Artest getting WIDE OPEN THREES. Which he hit a decent %.

Edited by Batz, March 13, 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#633 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,734 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 01:02 PM

He is our best 3pt shooter. He takes the most and makes the most and shoots the highest %. Thus making him our primary 3pt threat.

We're in a bad place then when Ron Artest is our "primary" 3pt threat. :mellow:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#634 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 01:08 PM

We're in a bad place then when Ron Artest is our "primary" 3pt threat. :mellow:

He has been all season. Besides, Lakers have not been shooting the 3 well this year. The wide open 3's we got tonight is a good sign. And Artest going 3/8 with an injured thumb is a darn hell of a great sign. :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users