Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Shane Mosley May 1st.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Sugar Shane Mosley May 1st. (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think Will Win?

1. Voted Sugar Shane Mosley (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Floyd Mayweather Jr. (9 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• Banned
  • 6,790 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 04:00 PM

A summer bout will definitely bring in more cash and endorsements for both fighters if this ever pans out.

#62 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:magic and worthy!

Posted May 03, 2010 - 05:33 PM

i'm sure somebody convinced manny

plus money talks, manny has such a big family/posse (any filippino can attest to how big a filippino family/extended family, including close friends and this and that, can get) and is constantly giving out money to charities and what not that i'm sure such a payday would change his mind

yeah, there's definitely more pressure now. still, manny walked away from a boatload of money the first time around. and floyd even agreed to the manny stipulation that he would pay $10mil for every pound over 147.

the latest is that floyd's camp won't budge at all on the olympic-style testing, no 14-day cut-off or anything.

who knows... they just need to work it out.

#63 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 05:41 PM

I couldn't disagree anymore. You're being way too kind to Mosley & giving him too much respect. I give props to Floyd, sure, but damn, I know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do, I've talked to more than several people who feel the same way. If you wanna' believe old or not, that's how bad Mosley really is, then go ahead, but something was definitely up imo. Sucks, but not surprised. He even mentioned Mayweather Pacquiao in his post-fight interview when it had absolutely nothing to do with what they were talking about, almost as if to hype it up already and plug it. Seemed too odd. Didn't even seem disappointed at all after the fight too much and considering how much dislike he supposedly had for Floyd and wanted this fight so badly for such a long time, all those things considered, c'mon now, give me a [expletive]in' break. It was pathetic.

money dismantled mosley

Dismantled? Lmao, on the points yes, but not physically all that much to a 'dismantling' extent. Dismantling would include at least a knockout and Mosley's face to be way more bloodier, both of which really there wasn't much of, haha.

I can't believe Sugar gave up after the 2nd rd. It's like he went into a shell after the 3rd rd.

Thank you. You possess great common sense. It was quite obvious really. Yes props to Mayweather to some degree, but c'mon now, [expletive]in' Mosley, it was ridiculous, hahaha. [expletive]in' pathetic joke. It was embarrassing the lack of pride he showed that his own guy in the corner had to make him repeat certain words at a certain point and was literally yelling and spitting in his face in desperation for him to let his hands go and show some heart, talks about warrior this, warrior that, etc, and Mosley still didn't do [expletive] or even try. [expletive]in' pathetic.

Edited by Chicano, May 03, 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#64 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted May 03, 2010 - 09:21 PM

I couldn't disagree anymore. You're being way too kind to Mosley & giving him too much respect. I give props to Floyd, sure, but damn, I know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do, I've talked to more than several people who feel the same way. If you wanna' believe old or not, that's how bad Mosley really is, then go ahead, but something was definitely up imo. Sucks, but not surprised. He even mentioned Mayweather Pacquiao in his post-fight interview when it had absolutely nothing to do with what they were talking about, almost as if to hype it up already and plug it. Seemed too odd. Didn't even seem disappointed at all after the fight too much and considering how much dislike he supposedly had for Floyd and wanted this fight so badly for such a long time, all those things considered, c'mon now, give me a [expletive]in' break. It was pathetic.Dismantled? Lmao, on the points yes, but not physically all that much to a 'dismantling' extent. Dismantling would include at least a knockout and Mosley's face to be way more bloodier, both of which really there wasn't much of, haha.Thank you. You possess great common sense. It was quite obvious really. Yes props to Mayweather to some degree, but c'mon now, [expletive]in' Mosley, it was ridiculous, hahaha. [expletive]in' pathetic joke. It was embarrassing the lack of pride he showed that his own guy in the corner had to make him repeat certain words at a certain point and was literally yelling and spitting in his face in desperation for him to let his hands go and show some heart, talks about warrior this, warrior that, etc, and Mosley still didn't do [expletive] or even try. [expletive]in' pathetic.

Are you [expletive]ing serious?!?! :hysterical: :hysterical:

Seems like you're the one giving Mosley to much credit. "If you wanna' believe old or not, that's how bad Mosley really is, then go ahead,"

O.K. Let me pretend that Mosley is Young and in his prime just like you do!! :omg:

Don't tell me you give Floyd credit then you post something like that.

Thank you for making it perfectly clear that you are nothing more than a casual fan.. You obviously don't know boxing.

If you don't K.O. someone then it's not dismantling? Floyd picked him apart... schooled him.. gave him a boxing lesson.. aka dismantled him. You keep exposing yourself with posts like these. You don't know boxing!

Oh and don't forgot that Mosley was coming off of 16 months of inactivity. But again that means nothing.. right? Oh and the fact that Mosley has trouble against Pure Boxers.. and Floyd just happens to be the best boxer in the game... but yea.. Casual fans only care about K.O.'s so I see why your frustrated. :laughing:

Oscar vs Manny was [expletive]in fixed too!! amirite?? :laughing:

Man where's p4p when you need him.. i'm sure he would get a chuckle out of this..

Post your "Theory" at boxingscene please. :laughing:
http://www.boxingsce...display.php?f=3

thanks, hiphop, great analysis. floyd is a pure boxer. most people don't appreciate his technical skills, they just want to see two guys brawling. i mean, i get it, it's more exciting to watch, but if you really understand the science of boxing, you'll appreciate floyd: his speed, his defense, his footwork, his discipline, his ring generalship.

yeah he got rocked in the 2nd round, but he took it and was able to recover. that's what greater fighters do. he then went on to lay down a clinic on shane for the rest of the fight.

i'm a fan of manny, but i don't blindly worship him. he's a very fast, volume puncher, but he has no defense. floyd should be able to pick him apart, especially the longer the fight goes.

See this guy is a boxing fan! He know what's up.

You need to post more man. Great post.

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, May 03, 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#65 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Oscar vs Manny was [expletive]in fixed

Oscar was already done and way past his prime long long ago. Not even close to the comparison to Mosley. Mosley still had and has much much more left in the tank than Oscar did for his last at least 3 or 4 fights.

I find it funny though how you just conveniently dodged all my other points supporting my argument/s. You made no comment on those whatsoever cause it's just too obvious I posted some truth.

The fact of the matter is Mosley is better than what he showed, but he was just a punk arse [expletive] on Saturday and it was an absolute disgrace. Credit to Floyd, Mosley still probably would've lost, but he could've put way better of a fight. Dude was not even letting his fists go after the 2nd round & throughout & didn't even bother throwing many power punches. It was unbelievably sickening. I had a lot more respect for Mosley before, but man oh man, never seen something like that from him before. As if he wasn't even trying. Even his own corner man was so frustrated, disappointed, & embarrassed it looked like he wanted to beat the [expletive] out of him and I don't blame him.

#66 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 09:55 PM

Oscar was already done and way past his prime long long ago. Not even close to the comparison to Mosley. Mosley still had and has much much more left in the tank than Oscar did for his last at least 3 or 4 fights.

I find it funny though how you just conveniently dodged all my other points supporting my argument/s. You made no comment on those whatsoever cause it's just too obvious I posted some truth.

The fact of the matter is Mosley is better than what he showed, but he was just a punk arse [expletive] on Saturday and it was an absolute disgrace. Credit to Floyd, Mosley still probably would've lost, but he could've put way better of a fight. Dude was not even letting his fists go after the 2nd round & throughout & didn't even bother throwing many power punches. It was unbelievably sickening. I had a lot more respect for Mosley before, but man oh man, never seen something like that from him before. As if he wasn't even trying. Even his own corner man was so frustrated, disappointed, & embarrassed it looked like he wanted to beat the [expletive] out of him and I don't blame him.

Oh god.

You obviously don't understand the sweet science.

Floyd does that to everyone he faces. Look what happened to Marquez he only landed 12% of his damn punches. That is [expletive]ing Unreal. The dude is just hard to hit.
Every time Shane would throw a right Floyd timed it and countered it. And he would either slip Shane's punches or clinch whenever Shane would try to let his hands go. That's what happens when you fight Floyd. As he likes to say, 'the name of the game is hit but not get hit.' And that's exactly what happened in this fight.
You wanted Mosley to go in there guns blazing like he did against Margarito? That is a recipe for disaster against Floyd.
Your hatred for Floyd is blinding you.
And do you not understand that Mosley has trouble against Boxers? and the FACT THAT HE'S 38 YEARS OLD :facepalm:
If you can't acknowledge those simple facts then there's no reason to take any of your posts seriously.

Whites is spot on: Floyd is a pure boxer. most people don't appreciate his technical skills, they just want to see two guys brawling. i mean, i get it, it's more exciting to watch, but if you really understand the science of boxing, you'll appreciate floyd: his speed, his defense, his footwork, his discipline, his ring generalship.

#67 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:03 PM

I do. I understand all of that, I really do (hard as it may be to believe), but I just still feel strongly that Mosley could've at least made at least A LITTLE more of an effort to at least make it look like he was somewhat trying. I realize Floyd is THAT good as well, but c'mon now, I still cannot buy that Mosley couldn't at least try a little harder. I hated his lack of heart & courage especially when he knows he's way down in the fight and HAS to take risks to desperately try to make something happen. If he doesn't even do that, then where's the competitive spirit whatsoever?

#68 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:03 PM

Oh and please post your theory at Boxingscene. Just so you can hear it from real fans and not just me. :laughing:

#69 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:06 PM

What's up with this 'real fans' term? Why am I not a real boxing fan if I don't appreciate or particularly like Floyd Mayweather that much? I don't hate him and he's a great boxer. He deserves his fantastic record and all the praise, but personally, his style, is just not my cup of tea. It's certainly not for everyone, but just because some don't particularly like it, but can still admit it's damn impressive what he does and how he does it doesn't make them a non real fan, c'mon now, that's pretty ridiculous. It's almost sounding bias or homer-ish.

#70 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:07 PM

I do. I understand all of that, I really do (hard as it may be to believe), but I just still feel strongly that Mosley could've at least made at least A LITTLE more of an effort to at least make it look like he was somewhat trying. I realize Floyd is THAT good as well, but c'mon now, I still cannot buy that Mosley couldn't at least try a little harder. I hated his lack of heart & courage especially when he knows he's way down in the fight and HAS to take risks to desperately try to make something happen. If he doesn't even do that, then where's the competitive spirit whatsoever?

THAT'S WHAT FLOYD DOES TO YOU
Believe me he was trying. But if you keep missing it takes it's toll on you. and not only was he missing he was getting tagged every time he missed. And to harp on it again.. Shane is old. He's not as fast as he used to be and his foot work was terrible that night. Fighters can turn old over night.

#71 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:11 PM

^ He was missing, but he certainly wasn't throwing too much either, hardly really and the times he would throw, those punches had nothing on them. It was incredible. Never seen Mosley throw so many weak punches. No power into them whatsoever for the majority of the fight. Just his little stupid shimmy shimmy-like jiggy with it dance from time to time.

Well if Shane turned old THAT fast overnight like you said. If it's TRULY that, then the mother[expletive]er should just straight up retire already. Hang that [expletive] up. He needs to put his pride down, if he has any left, and go out with dignity while he can.

#72 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:22 PM

^ He was missing, but he certainly wasn't throwing too much either, hardly really and the times he would throw, those punches had nothing on them. It was incredible. Never seen Mosley throw so many weak punches. No power into them whatsoever for the majority of the fight. Just his little stupid shimmy shimmy-like jiggy with it dance from time to time.

Well if Shane turned old THAT fast overnight like you said. If it's TRULY that, then the mother[expletive]er should just straight up retire already. Hang that [expletive] up. He needs to put his pride down, if he has any left, and go out with dignity while he can.

Chicano- if you look at the punches thrown, it's very similar for Shane and Floyd, around 420 each if I remember correctly. He *was* throwing punches, Floyd was just making him look like he wasn't. LOL hiphop is right, every time he did try and let go he was getting popped! I think Shane did show heart though... He didn't quit on his chair, he took a beating for 10 rounds.

Not everyone likes floyd's style, most find a slick boxer like him "boring." plus his antics outside the ring certainly haven't endeared him to most. I just respect what he does in the ring. He's brilliant.

#73 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:31 PM

Were they being thrown with any force? Honestly? They might go in as power punches on the stat sheet attempted, but on the real, no BS aside, they were weak. It was too weird. I guess I'm just gonna' have to accept the grand possibility that Mosley really did get old overnight more than anything as disappointing and sad as that is to say.

I think Shane did show heart though... He didn't quit on his chair, he took a beating for 10 rounds.

Beating? Lol. On the scorecard yes, but not like THAT SEVERELY physically. JMM took WAY more of a beating than Shane I'll tell you that. If I remember correctly, JMM's face looked much worse than Mosley's.

Not everyone likes floyd's style, most find a slick boxer like him "boring." plus his antics outside the ring certainly haven't endeared him to most. I just respect what he does in the ring. He's brilliant.

So I take it you are only a fan of the 'sweet science' specializing type boxers? Hate watching most Mexicans fight? Hate the blood & guts?

Not aesthetically pleasing?

#74 whites

whites

Rookie

• 190 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:34 PM

Were they being thrown with any force? Honestly? They might go in as power punches on the stat sheet attempted, but on the real, no BS aside, they were weak. It was too weird. I guess I'm just gonna' have to accept the grand possibility that Mosley really did get old overnight more than anything as disappointing and sad as that is to say.

I think that's what it is... Even during the fight the commentators were saying how he physically did not look good, his coordination was poor, and he was gassed very early on. I remember at the post fight conference Shane said something about not being able to pull the trigger.

Beating? Lol. On the scorecard yes, but not like THAT SEVERELY physically. JMM took WAY more of a beating than Shane I'll tell you that. If I remember correctly, JMM's face looked much worse than Mosley's.

just because he wasn't a bloody mess doesn't mean it wasn't a beating. there were a bunch of times his head snapped completely back. i've watched the fight a few times already. obviously, floyd isn't a brawler, but hard, clean shots to the head and body round after round is still a beating, to me, anyway. i just think you were being hard on shane.

So I take it you are only a fan of the 'sweet science' specializing type boxers? Hate watching most Mexicans fight? Hate the blood & guts?

nah, man, i love boxing period. i just think floyd's style is usually overlooked and thought of as boring. just trying to explain it.

Edited by whites, May 03, 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#75 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:36 PM

What's up with this 'real fans' term? Why am I not a real boxing fan if I don't appreciate or particularly like Floyd Mayweather that much? I don't hate him and he's a great boxer. He deserves his fantastic record and all the praise, but personally, his style, is just not my cup of tea. It's certainly not for everyone, but just because some don't particularly like it, but can still admit it's damn impressive what he does and how he does it doesn't make them a non real fan, c'mon now, that's pretty ridiculous. It's almost sounding bias or homer-ish.

That came out kinda of harsh. :laughing:
But what I mean is that there's Hardcore fans and there's casual. Nothing wrong with being a casual fan at all.
But your first post reeked of casual fan, hell uneducated fan. I understand being upset that the fighter you were rooting for didn't put up a good performance and all but the fact is he was out-classed and for some reason you had a hard time seeing that. Hell, I was rooting for Mosley too. I can't believe i have to sit here having to defend Floyd, who I, like you don't like his style (But i give credit were credit is due).
Casual fans are always trying to discredit him(or pac for that matter). And most of the time they have no clue what they're talking about. If you've read my other posts here in the boxing section you would know that i have no problem defending fighters. From Pacquiao to Floyd. (which i have done).
So when i read your post saying Shane showed no heart, no pride, I naturally had to respond.. Maybe i overreacted a bit. :laughing:
but so have you in the past and you know how it goes..(Johnny Depp posts from last night) :laughing:

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, May 03, 2010 - 10:37 PM.

#76 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:39 PM

Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorite movies of all-time. It holds a special place in my heart (no emo no Amaechi). That's different.

but no, I really wasn't trying to discredit Mayweather to the extent I think you read my post as at all. I'm not like some idiot blind hater. I realize what he does is special and rare/unique. I really do, but it doesn't mean I'm absolutely in love with it. Doesn't make for the most exciting fights in my eyes, but that's just my personal preference.

#77 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:45 PM

Not aesthetically pleasing?

First of all you do know that a power punch doesn't mean a punch with force.. right? A power punch is any punch that is not a Jab (Hook, Uppercut, etc..).

oh and Mosley did take a beating.

And A boxing fan appreciates all styles be it: Brawler, Boxer puncher, Counter Puncher.. etc. etc.

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, May 03, 2010 - 10:54 PM.

#78 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:52 PM

Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorite movies of all-time. It holds a special place in my heart (no emo no Amaechi). That's different.

but no, I really wasn't trying to discredit Mayweather to the extent I think you read my post as at all. I'm not like some idiot blind hater. I realize what he does is special and rare/unique. I really do, but it doesn't mean I'm absolutely in love with it. Doesn't make for the most exciting fights in my eyes, but that's just my personal preference.

Well you were obviously hating on something. You basically said the fight was fixed.. Which can be interpreted as not giving credit to Floyd.

#79 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted May 03, 2010 - 10:54 PM

First of all you do know that a power punch doesn't mean a punch with force.. right? A power punch is any punch that is not a Jab (Hook, Uppercut, etc..).

YES I DO KNOW THAT. C'MON NOW. YOU SERIOUS??

Not hating on Floyd, hating on Mosley and his still I feel somewhat lack of heart/pride and I'm pretty sure by the looks and sounds of it throughout the fight, his corner man would agree with me.

#80 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• Banned
  • 2,167 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 11:00 PM

YES I DO KNOW THAT. C'MON NOW. YOU SERIOUS??

Not hating on Floyd, hating on Mosley and his still I feel somewhat lack of heart/pride and I'm pretty sure by the looks and sounds of it throughout the fight, his corner man would agree with me.

Just make sure man. :laughing:

You gotta cut him some slack. He was in there with a better man. And believe me Brother Nazim would disagree with you.

Can't believe i have to harp on this again...

Shane:
  • 38 Years old
  • Past his prime
  • Slower then May
  • Has trouble against Boxers
  • 16 month period of inactivity

Did you hate on Marquez after he loss to Floyd?

Edited by HipHopOpotamus, May 03, 2010 - 11:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users