#81 SB_12

SB_12

Rookie

• 514 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:Shannon brown

Posted June 18, 2010 - 07:23 PM

Carlos boozer. Youd think somebody his height would try to get shots close to the rim, instead hes shooting long 2pters all the time.

brandon roy- ued to be really good but some nights he would have crapp numbers
Posted Image

#82 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• 6,422 posts

Posted June 18, 2010 - 07:38 PM

Carlos boozer. Youd think somebody his height would try to get shots close to the rim, instead hes shooting long 2pters all the time.

brandon roy- ued to be really good but some nights he would have crapp numbers

boozer is listed at 6 9 but in actuality he would be lucky to be 6 '8.

Edited by ab4sure, June 18, 2010 - 07:45 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#83 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted June 19, 2010 - 02:11 AM

Rashard Lewis
Mo WIlliams
Amare Stoudemire
Vince Carter
Rajon Rondo (The 'best PG in the league" statements are ridiculous)
Zach Randolph (how the hell was he an all-star last season?)
Carlos Boozer
Josh Smith
Chris Kaman
Antawn Jamison

#84 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• Banned
  • 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted June 25, 2010 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

Rondo is overrated..Top 3 PG in the game...Top 5?
We faced 3 better PGs in the playoffs.
I like Billups,Kidd,Paul ,Rose and Curry better than Rondo. I like Evans better than Rondo. Other than those guys...Rondo is probably the best.
Above Tony Parker,Andre Miller, and some other former ALL stars...

Dwight is not overrated
Neither is Dirk
Put either of those guys in Bynum or Pau's place and watch how they react

Posted Image
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#85 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 25, 2010 - 04:42 PM

Rashard Lewis
Mo WIlliams
Amare Stoudemire
Vince Carter
Carlos Boozer
Josh Smith
Chris Kaman
Antawn Jamison

Agree on everybody but Josh Smith.

#86 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 25, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Rashard Lewis
Mo WIlliams
Amare Stoudemire
Vince Carter
Carlos Boozer
Josh Smith
Chris Kaman
Antawn Jamison

Mo is definitly not overrated, hes one of the best PGs i've seen this year. Vince is somewhat overrated now that he is old he cant dunk good anymore

#87 tossindimes

tossindimes

Rookie

• 56 posts
  • Name:Drew
  • Fan Since:Never
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 26, 2010 - 05:23 PM

kobe is overrated. a top 5 nba player yes, but not the best in the league. therefore, overrated. when i look at the best players in history, i think of guys that dominated on the biggest stage. shaq, hakeem, magic, mj. these guys dominated on the biggest stage MOST OF THE TIME. whereas when kobe gets on the big stage, he dominates like 1 out of 3 times, frequently struggling like he did in game 7 this year. the other guys i mentioned dominated say 1 out of 2 or 2 out of 3 times, in any case more often then kobe does. does kobe have any game winners in the Finals? Any 40 or 50pt games? any Finals where he shot over 43% for the whole series? the answer is no to all these questions for kobe, and yes for everyone else.

Edited by tossindimes, June 26, 2010 - 05:26 PM.

#88 Makaveli

Makaveli

meh

• 13,328 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted June 27, 2010 - 12:47 AM

kobe is overrated.  a top 5 nba player yes, but not the best in the league.  therefore, overrated.  when i look at the best players in history, i think of guys that dominated on the biggest stage.  shaq, hakeem, magic, mj.  these guys dominated on the biggest stage MOST OF THE TIME.  whereas when kobe gets on the big stage, he dominates like 1 out of 3 times, frequently struggling like he did in game 7 this year.  the other guys i mentioned dominated say 1 out of 2 or 2 out of 3 times, in any case more often then kobe does.  does kobe have any game winners in the Finals?  Any 40 or 50pt games?  any Finals where he shot over 43% for the whole series?  the answer is no to all these questions for kobe, and yes for everyone else.

Kobe is the best in the game right now and one of the best to ever play. NOBODY (no, not even MJ) could have dominated against Celtics defense is game 7. C's played one of the best defense in the NBA history that game. 

5 chips speak for themselves. I would like to see MJ knock down the jumpshots that Zone defense has been giving to Kobe for the last 10 years. Hint: Kobe is a better jumpshooter than Michael was. Shooting < 40% on jumpers is not bad. Also, you should check Kobe's eFG% through-out the years he's been in the league. I think you'll be surprised. eFG% means a lot more than just FG%. 

• LakersChamps243 likes this

#89 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,473 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2010 - 12:57 AM

Kobe is the best in the game right now and one of the best to ever play. NOBODY (no, not even MJ) could have dominated against Celtics defense is game 7. C's played one of the best defense in the NBA history that game. 

5 chips speak for themselves. I would like to see MJ knock down the jumpshots that Zone defense has been giving to Kobe for the last 10 years. Hint: Kobe is a better jumpshooter than Michael was. Shooting < 40% on jumpers is not bad. Also, you should check Kobe's eFG% through-out the years he's been in the league. I think you'll be surprised. eFG% means a lot more than just FG%. 

Amen brother. Lets wait to hear his "legitimate counterargument". Oh wait, there isn't one.

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 27, 2010 - 12:57 AM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#90 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 27, 2010 - 08:32 AM

Over hyped player is Lebron James but he's not over rated.

There I got that out of the way :laughing:

Over rated player or players for me is

Mo Williams. I dont know why but people keep on making him to be like an amazing all star PG or something. He is just a good point guard that is a streaky shooter. I believe westbrook is better than him. Just because he's Lebron's bff doesnt make him an all star player. He doesnt play defense and like i say he's a streaky shooter. At times he can make every shot but sometimes he misses open shots and misses 10 shots in a roll. So over rated.

Luke Walton. I might get destroyed for this since there's a lot of Luke Walton fans on here but I never ever thought he's a good player. Just because he make some nice passes people put him into the "highest IQ basketball player ever" or something. I mean seriously. Luke cant make shots. Whenever he dribbles its a good chance he get a turnover. Just because he's an unselfish player doesnt mean he understand the triangle. You guys made it sound like he's the co founder of the triangle offense or something. Even when he had a lucky year I never thought he's a good player or servable player at all.

Chris Bosh. I know some of you guys probably wondering why i say this. I dont hate Chris Bosh. If he's a lakers I think he will be a great addition. But people make him to be a hall of famer player or something. I mean this guy is a poor man's Pau Gasol. He doesnt play like a true PF. He make some nice shots but if you're the only good player for the Toronto Raptors, you probably average a lot of points too since there's no great players there. Chris is too skinny to bang around with PF in this league. He got nice medium shots and nice moves in the paint but he doesnt have the skill set like Pau Gasol. Not even close. The reason why he's an all star a lot on the east is because the east doesnt have many great PF. THis free agency people will drool all over Bosh. He will be over rated this off sesaon.

John Wall What you say? He never played in the NBA. Well I think he is over rated. The reason why he goes number 1 is because this years draft sucks. If he end up going last year he wouldnt even be number 6. This guy doesnt have a jump shot. All he does is drive to the basket and make layups/dunks. You cant survive in the NBA if all you do is make layups and dunk. Unless you have an amazing defense like Rondo and have the ability to rebound like Rondo, you will get destroyed in the NBA. ANd people say he passes the ball well. I mean give me a break! A lot of PG pass the ball well. This guy will be a mediocre player at best but people keep telling us he's like the next Darien Williams or something. No he's not. He cant make jump shots.

#91 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted June 27, 2010 - 02:34 PM

kobe is overrated. a top 5 nba player yes, but not the best in the league. therefore, overrated. when i look at the best players in history, i think of guys that dominated on the biggest stage. shaq, hakeem, magic, mj. these guys dominated on the biggest stage MOST OF THE TIME. whereas when kobe gets on the big stage, he dominates like 1 out of 3 times, frequently struggling like he did in game 7 this year. the other guys i mentioned dominated say 1 out of 2 or 2 out of 3 times, in any case more often then kobe does. does kobe have any game winners in the Finals? Any 40 or 50pt games? any Finals where he shot over 43% for the whole series? the answer is no to all these questions for kobe, and yes for everyone else.

Kobe may not have any game winners in the Finals but he does have a game where he scored 40 points and there has been a Finals series where he shot over 43%.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users