#41 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:30 PM

If Lebron was put in, and actually FOLLOWED the triangle offense, he would get 5 less assists a game.

How do you know it'll be 5 less? He would average less assists but why would he specifically average 5 less per game? And if he followed the triangle offense, what would assists have anything to do with how well the team would perform?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#42 LAwinsRINGZ

LAwinsRINGZ

Play like a Champion Today

• 1,336 posts
  • Name:Mario
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:39 PM

^^Agreed on Lewis
LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!!!!

#43 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:41 PM

If Lebron was put in, and actually FOLLOWED the triangle offense, he would get 5 less assists a game.

I think he may average a triple double on the lakers. He would score less points but set up Pau, Bynum, etc.. for mores scores. He could be a 18/10/10 guy instead of a 30/8/8 guy on a weaker team.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#44 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:49 PM

I think he may average a triple double on the lakers. He would score less points but set up Pau, Bynum, etc.. for mores scores. He could be a 18/10/10 guy instead of a 30/8/8 guy on a weaker team.

I dont think he would average a triple double on the Lakers with this team his rebounding and assist would prob go down his rebounding becuase we have two 7 footer and LO grabbing most of the boards and his assist because the offense isnt designed for any player to get a large number of assists everyone is supposed to be a playmaker in this offense not just one player.

#45 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:58 PM

I dont think he would average a triple double on the Lakers with this team his rebounding and assist would prob go down his rebounding becuase we have two 7 footer and LO grabbing most of the boards and his assist because the offense isnt designed for any player to get a large number of assists everyone is supposed to be a playmaker in this offense not just one player.

I think Lebron would clean up on all the mid to long rebounds and those in transition. In the triangle he would play off the ball more and therefore be more of a threat on the boards. It is a hunch on how it would play out and I could be wrong. Since Lebron is such a playmaker I think he would still get the ball enough to make plays/assists for others.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#46 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 13, 2009 - 05:08 PM

I think Lebron would clean up on all the mid to long rebounds and those in transition. In the triangle he would play off the ball more and therefore be more of a threat on the boards. It is a hunch on how it would play out and I could be wrong. Since Lebron is such a playmaker I think he would still get the ball enough to make plays/assists for others.

Well who knows, but anyway hes not overrated anymore imo

#47 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 05:30 PM

If people keep bragging how Lebron is better than ever compared to Kobe, then I shall put him on the list of most overrated. Other than that - he isn't, but since people are still making him the hype, then...well...ya.

#48 Biggums

Biggums

I Do Work

• 422 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe / glen rice

Posted December 13, 2009 - 07:08 PM

living in sa..

ginobili

he's good but not the spurs' savior. he's always freakin injured. even if he wasn't they'd still lose.

i still think yao is overrated as well. simple defense on him will stop him.

5PiX5gx.jpg
SPurs Suck

#49 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 14, 2009 - 12:09 PM

Nate Robinson. Shouldnt be starting in the NBA. He's a D leaguer imo.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#50 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 14, 2009 - 02:22 PM

Nate Robinson. Shouldnt be starting in the NBA. He's a D leaguer imo.

Nate Robinson doesn't start.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#51 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• 2,625 posts

Posted December 15, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Gilbert, and i used to be a huge fan. Baron Davis, elton brand
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#52 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 15, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Same here.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#53 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 15, 2009 - 02:32 PM

Seriously? You tell me why.

WHAT???? :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Gilbert ................. yes. Especially after missing FTs again last week that cost them a game

living in sa..

ginobili

he's good but not the spurs' savior. he's always freakin injured. even if he wasn't they'd still lose.

i still think yao is overrated as well. simple defense on him will stop him.

Ginobili ....... naw
Yao................ yes
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#54 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,061 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 15, 2009 - 02:43 PM

Carmelo = all offense, minimal defense, when things don't go his way he pouts and often lets it seep into his game, zero leadership skills all equal overrated in my book.

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 15, 2009 - 04:47 PM

Melo does need to improve his defense (you can say that for a lot of so-called superstars, i.e. Dirk) but he's far from being overrated. Melo has the size, speed, and ability to be a solid defender and we already know about his offense.

Overrated:

John Salmons
Josh Smith
Shaq
Andre Kirilenko
Kyle Korvor
Luke Walton
Michael Beasley
Shawn Marion

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 Laker Guard

Laker Guard

Rookie

• 525 posts

Posted December 15, 2009 - 05:05 PM

Why do you think he's overrated?

Because people are comparing him to MJ

#57 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 15, 2009 - 05:19 PM

Because people are comparing him to MJ

So because people compare LeBron to Michael Jordan, it makes him overrated? I actually don't see what's wrong with comparing players. I mean people compare Kobe to Michael Jordan all the time but no one calls him overrated.
  • popo likes this

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#58 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 15, 2009 - 07:50 PM

-Arenas

Chokes in critical moments, poor shot selection and turnover prone. The only one who thinks he's great as he is, is him. :laughing:
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#59 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted December 15, 2009 - 08:05 PM

So because people compare LeBron to Michael Jordan, it makes him overrated? I actually don't see what's wrong with comparing players. I mean people compare Kobe to Michael Jordan all the time but no one calls him overrated.

Because he actually loves up to the hype of the Jordan-Kobe comparison, unlike LeBron.

Again, I heard a fool compare LeBron to Wilt and Bird. I dont exactly remember who it was, but I do remember that it was from a legit source. Thats not overrating LeBron's game? No knock on LeBron. He's a great player. Ive heard comparisons to Magic, and I have no problem agreeing with that. Because I definitely actually see some Magic in him.

But Bird's shooting? Wilt's CRAZY dominance on the stat sheet? LeBron does dominate the stat sheet, but not like Wilt did. 50 points and 20 rebs?

Edited by JRG_24, December 15, 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#60 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 15, 2009 - 08:25 PM

Because he actually loves up to the hype of the Jordan-Kobe comparison, unlike LeBron.

Again, I heard a fool compare LeBron to Wilt and Bird. I dont exactly remember who it was, but I do remember that it was from a legit source. Thats not overrating LeBron's game? No knock on LeBron. He's a great player. Ive heard comparisons to Magic, and I have no problem agreeing with that. Because I definitely actually see some Magic in him.

But Bird's shooting? Wilt's CRAZY dominance on the stat sheet? LeBron does dominate the stat sheet, but not like Wilt did. 50 points and 20 rebs?

I don't think it's fair to call someone overrated just because people come up with weird comparisons. I don't know about that legit source, but I doubt most fans are going to compare LeBron to Wilt Chamberlain or Larry Bird, especially since their games are much different. I just don't think you can call someone overrated when they're one of the best players in the league right now. Maybe from an all-time perspective he may be considered overrated, but comparing retired players with active players isn't a good comparison in the first place. I've seen a lot of people call Kobe overrated as well when compared with Jordan, but I don't think that's fair to call someone overrated because the person he's being compared to is a much better player.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users