#21 LAwinsRINGZ

LAwinsRINGZ

Play like a Champion Today

• 1,336 posts
  • Name:Mario
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 12, 2009 - 01:33 PM

Lebron is not overrated, he just has zero class. Athletically, he is the best. Skill wise, Kobe is.

Rasheed Wallace- Wayyyyyy past his prime. Hits some 3's, that's it.

Anthony Parker/Jamario Moon- They were thought to be the magical pieces that would make the Cavs unstoppable(besides shaq)...and we all know how that is turning out. Those guys are almost invisible on that team.

meh, sure I'll think of more later.
LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!!!!

#22 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 12, 2009 - 01:36 PM

Dirk...I don't really get it..he shoots like 48% and hes a PF and people are all over his dick.

Well he's not a typical PF since he can spread the floor and shoot from three-point range. Just because he doesn't always score in the post doesn't mean he isn't a great player. There aren't many players his size that can shoot from long range consistently the length of time he's been doing it. He's an excellent free throw shooter overall and he has a higher percentage than most of the NBA players in the league. He's an excellent scorer and for someone who may not be a traditional power forward, is still able to grab about 8-9 rebounds per game along with scoring 20-25 points per game. His fadeaway jump shot is almost impossible to block and you have to respect his outside shooting. He's very versatile at the PF position and can sometimes play center, small forward, or even point forward earlier in his career. There aren't many players that do that as well as maintain the high level of play. The Mavericks have won 50+ games for 9 consecutive seasons, and he's done it with Michael Finley, with Steve Nash, and without them as well. He's even gone through three different coaches in those 9 seasons and was still able to win 50+ games. Despite what happened in the 2006 NBA Finals, Dirk is still a clutch player and the Mavericks always defer to Dirk during crunch time. His clutch performances shouldn't be taken away because of what happened in the Finals. The season he won the MVP award, his team won 67 games. Even though the Mavericks had a mismatch problem against the Warriors in the first round, Dirk still led his team to the best record in the NBA and his stats were great as well. So he may not always throw down a dunk or do some jump shook in the paint, but he's still one of the best PF in the league right now and his style of play won't wear and tear as much as someone like Kevin Garnett's would.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#23 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 12, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Well he's not a typical PF since he can spread the floor and shoot from three-point range. Just because he doesn't always score in the post doesn't mean he isn't a great player. There aren't many players his size that can shoot from long range consistently the length of time he's been doing it. He's an excellent free throw shooter overall and he has a higher percentage than most of the NBA players in the league. He's an excellent scorer and for someone who may not be a traditional power forward, is still able to grab about 8-9 rebounds per game along with scoring 20-25 points per game. His fadeaway jump shot is almost impossible to block and you have to respect his outside shooting. He's very versatile at the PF position and can sometimes play center, small forward, or even point forward earlier in his career. There aren't many players that do that as well as maintain the high level of play. The Mavericks have won 50+ games for 9 consecutive seasons, and he's done it with Michael Finley, with Steve Nash, and without them as well. He's even gone through three different coaches in those 9 seasons and was still able to win 50+ games. Despite what happened in the 2006 NBA Finals, Dirk is still a clutch player and the Mavericks always defer to Dirk during crunch time. His clutch performances shouldn't be taken away because of what happened in the Finals. The season he won the MVP award, his team won 67 games. Even though the Mavericks had a mismatch problem against the Warriors in the first round, Dirk still led his team to the best record in the NBA and his stats were great as well. So he may not always throw down a dunk or do some jump shook in the paint, but he's still one of the best PF in the league right now and his style of play won't wear and tear as much as someone like Kevin Garnett's would.

Agree 100% true you cant look at dirks shooting percentages and say hes not a good PF when hes really a SG trapped in a PF/C's body, hes a top player in this league.

#24 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted December 12, 2009 - 03:04 PM

Lamarcus Aldrige(Always seems like hes going to have a breakout season but he just doesnt have it in him to be a true star like some ppl thinks he is)

Agree on him too, the guy is a PF jacking up 18 foot turn around jumpers.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#25 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 12, 2009 - 03:15 PM

-everyone on the raptors (mostly by raptor fans)
-amare
-oj mayo and rudy gay
-rashard lewis

btw i HATE dirt nowitzki..but i dont think he is overrated

I've always thought Rashard Lewis was overrated for the contract he was given.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#26 YoungKidd7

YoungKidd7

TLN OG

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:Chris

Posted December 12, 2009 - 03:25 PM

Rajon Rondo and his fat new contract for, what was it, like, $11M per season?

LeBron James (No explanation)

Tyson Chandler (No CP3, no offense)

#27 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 12, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Rajon Rondo and his fat new contract for, what was it, like, $11M per season?

I think he's going to get paid $9 mil next season.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#28 LAwinsRINGZ

LAwinsRINGZ

• 1,336 posts

Posted December 12, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Rondo is way overrated. He is talented but COME ON people.
If Derrick Rose was on the C's he would average 22 and 13
LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!!!!

#29 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted December 12, 2009 - 08:56 PM

I don't think Rondo is way overrated. Take him off that team and they are as slow as molasses. Plus he is a good defender. His offense is somewhat hindered because of so many good players around him much like Artest's numbers are down due to being on the lakers and not a scrub team.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#30 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 12, 2009 - 09:31 PM

Lebron James.

#31 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 12, 2009 - 09:32 PM

How can a player be overrated when they're a top 2 player in the league?

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#32 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted December 12, 2009 - 09:38 PM

...how is Rondo and/or LeBron overrated?

I can see LeBron as being overhyped but not overrated. And Rondo? Are you serious? He's on his way to elitism, though that contract is a bit of a turnoff. Rondo is arguable one of the best on-ball defenders. The only thing that kills his game is his FT shooting. That jumper is a work in progress too.
  • JRG_24 likes this

#33 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted December 12, 2009 - 09:51 PM

How can a player be overrated when they're a top 2 player in the league?

Yeah. You're right.

"Overhyped" is the proper term. Thanks Riot. +1.

I just dont think he's as good as people say he is. Ive heard comparions to Jordan, Larry Bird, and Wilt Chamberlain. None of those make sense to me because the players I mentioned, weren't 1 dimensional offensive players.

#34 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,624 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 02:29 AM

I dont think lebron is overrated anymore as long as ppl dont say hes better than Kobe which I havent heard once this season so hes rated fine imo, him, dwade, and melo are are tied for 2nd at 2a 2b and 2c after Kobe for me.

I just heard kobe and lebron being compared today during the game by an announcer. he said if they switched teams that LeBron would be winning championships in L.A., but Kobe wouldn't be able to do what Lebrons been able to do with the Cavs. hahaaa

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#35 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 02:58 AM

I just heard kobe and lebron being compared today during the game by an announcer. he said if they switched teams that LeBron would be winning championships in L.A., but Kobe wouldn't be able to do what Lebrons been able to do with the Cavs. hahaaa

kobe knows how to play with shaq, no?

wait, what?

Edited by pkflyers, December 13, 2009 - 02:58 AM.

b3vgxe.jpg

#36 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 01:46 PM

I don't think Kobe would fit well with the Cavs' system. I don't think anyone could've won 66 games if LeBron was replaced with another superstar. The Cavs' offense is made just for LeBron. But would LeBron fit in the triangle? I guess he could but you'd never know for sure.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#37 Laker Guard

Laker Guard

Rookie

• 525 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Lebron James

Edited by Laker Guard, December 13, 2009 - 01:48 PM.

#38 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 03:57 PM

Lebron James

Why do you think he's overrated?

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#39 LAwinsRINGZ

LAwinsRINGZ

• 1,336 posts

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:14 PM

If Lebron was put in, and actually FOLLOWED the triangle offense, he would get 5 less assists a game.
LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!!!!

#40 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 13, 2009 - 04:28 PM

Rashard Lewis is another overrated player and Nate Robinson I really hate how he plays ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users