ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 26, 2009 - 11:47 AM

^Still, Deron hasn't made an all star team!?!?!??!! :o

Stack, nah. People knew he was good, then he got hurt and old.

Yeh, he hasn't made it yet which is unfortunate (just been bad luck). I would say he's underrated regarding the top-15 players in the league but overall most people recognize him as the second best point guard in the league.

dudes that posts in pink

Nice contribution.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#22 dodobird1988

dodobird1988

Ring Finger

• 1,979 posts
  • Name:your name
  • Fan Since:When I saw Kareem play ball with glasses on
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 26, 2009 - 11:50 AM

Nice contribution.

:blush:
*<i>insert clever comment here</i>*

#23 LAwinsRINGZ

LAwinsRINGZ

Play like a Champion Today

• 1,336 posts
  • Name:Mario
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted October 26, 2009 - 11:33 PM

I disagree on Billups. I hear him get props all the friggen time. Everyone knows he won a title/ finals mvp, and constantly has gotten deep. Everyone comments how solid of a leader he is. No one was surprised when he turned around the nuggets team. They nick named him Big shot Billups for crying out loud. I agree the guy is a great pg, but not underrated.

I would agree that Caron Butler is way more underrated. Dude exploded statistically after leaving LA (bummer) and has been pretty consistent. At the end of the day, I see no one talking about him, or writing articles on him.
LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!!!!

#24 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted October 26, 2009 - 11:37 PM

Tony Parker for sure. You never hear his name when it comes to one of the best Point Guards in the league, being overlooked. Tony has an automatic mid range jumper, killer inside game and one of the best passers in the game today. He probably can carry the Spurs if he had to, as he did in a game last year when he scored 55.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#25 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 26, 2009 - 11:44 PM

I think the thing with Chauncey is that he's having a similar effect to what Shawn Marion experienced a few years ago.

Shawn Marion was considered underrated by many because of his versatility and his impressive play on the Suns. He was excluded off of list which probably featured some of the best players in the league and as usual, an underrated player name will be thrown out there from time to time. However, with the increase usage of the underrated players' name, the effect in fact reverses and thus makes the player seem overly overrated. By being included in too many players' listed and after having more people watch him and his noticeable flaws (ugly jumpshots, can't manufacture his own points, assisted by Steve Nash on most field goals), people began to realize that there isn't anything that special about him.

The same thing is sort of happening with Chauncey now. He began getting the underrated treatment but because more and more people see and hear about him now, they grow tired of it and dub him overrated. Then you have two sides formed that think he's overrated or underrated. Realistically, he falls in a place between those two which is usually able to find easily if you begin to individually rate players one by one (I might try this sometime in the future).

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#26 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted October 27, 2009 - 04:58 AM

Billups was underrated due to the reason that the system he was playing back then in Detroit was a slow-paced team-oriented style. some people pay attention more into the box score than actually watching the game. His numbers aren't that impressive to start with, but i'll tell you that he is one of the most efficient players in the league today

#27 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,906 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted October 27, 2009 - 09:41 AM

To many to list. Underrated can cover so many things we don't know about, or don't see as fan. There are several players in the league that are underrated. Unfortunately the league doesn't sell the fans the game of basketball to fans. The NBA sells us the super stars.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#28 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 29, 2009 - 08:02 PM

Does anyone see a superstar that was underrated this decade? Obviously not a top-5 player but someone that was around the bottom-10 or around the top-15 mark? I know you can't really be underrated if you're amongst the beast of the league but when making lists, these players would just be thrown in there to complete it. Maybe someone like Paul Pierce before the 2007-08 season? (I feel he's a bit overrated now)

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#29 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 29, 2009 - 08:13 PM

Does anyone see a superstar that was underrated this decade? Obviously not a top-5 player but someone that was around the bottom-10 or around the top-15 mark? I know you can't really be underrated if you're amongst the beast of the league but when making lists, these players would just be thrown in there to complete it. Maybe someone like Paul Pierce before the 2007-08 season? (I feel he's a bit overrated now)

Jamison while with Warriors was a pretty great scorer, with Dallas he didn't do much with so much depth but the last 5 seasons he's been very consistent in Washington.

He's put up 5 seasons with 20ppg or more and and 7 seasons with 8rpg or more including a 20/10 season in 2007-2008 21.4ppg and 10.2 rpg. Also he's been pretty durable playing 80 plus games in 7 seasons.

Edited by popo, October 29, 2009 - 08:13 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#30 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 29, 2009 - 08:43 PM

He also two 51 point games with the Warriors.

December 3, 2000

Player......... MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
ANTAWN JAMISON 	48 23 36 .639 2, 7,, .286 3 4, .750,, 6 8,, 14, 2,, 3,, 2,, 1,, 2, 51

December 6, 2000

Player........ 	MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
ANTAWN JAMISON 	53 21 29 .724 2, 5,, .400 7 8, .875,, 5 8,, 13, 5,, 2,, 1,, 4,, 2, 51

If you're wondering why I have random commas, it's because I guess after the board update it doesn't let me put extra spaces anymore.

These games were only one part away from each other. In the first game, the Warriors played against the Supersonics and lost (102-118). In the second game, the Warriors played against the Lakers and won in OT (125-122). This was also the same game Kobe scored 51 points in as well.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#31 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts
  • Name:Dale
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 Trevor Ariza

Posted October 29, 2009 - 08:47 PM

I would put my 2 cents in and say...

Andre Miller

Posted Image

#32 rnd24

rnd24

Off The Bench

• 1,755 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kb

Posted October 30, 2009 - 09:08 AM

melo, i believe hes better than lebron but thats just me.
When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"[/center]

#33 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted October 30, 2009 - 12:31 PM

Lol yea, that is just you

#34 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 30, 2009 - 01:31 PM

I would put my 2 cents in and say...

Andre Miller

agreed

bw1wOGf.png

#35 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,503 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2009 - 01:36 PM

Billups!
Posted Image

#36 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 30, 2009 - 11:36 PM

I'd say Melo's a better foul shooter and perhaps more clutch. That's pretty much it though.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#37 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 31, 2009 - 12:49 AM

Elton Brand was pretty good for a long time, was the only name of the Clippers franchise and the main reason they got too the Semis in 2006, he also had an MVP type season that year with 24.7ppg and 10 boards.
Lately he's been injured but from 00'-06' he never missed less then 60 games and including 4 20/10 seasons and 6 seasons in averaging in double doubles. With the 2 devastating season ending injuries he may never be the same but he was a top 20 player for a long time.

Edited by popo, October 31, 2009 - 12:51 AM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#38 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 31, 2009 - 12:57 AM

Elton Brand was pretty good for a long time, was the only name of the Clippers franchise and the main reason they got too the Semis in 2006, he also had an MVP type season that year with 24.7ppg and 10 boards.
Lately he's been injured but from 00'-06' he never missed less then 60 games and including 4 20/10 seasons and 6 seasons in averaging in double doubles. With the 2 devastating season ending injuries he may never be the same but he was a top 20 player for a long time.

People also forget he was a great offensive rebounder. He led the league in offensive rebounds twice and has been in the top-10 for offensive rebounds 8 times and top-5 in offensive rebounds 7 times. He averaged almost 4 offensive rebounds per game in 606 games.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#39 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted November 01, 2009 - 08:16 PM

Elton Brand gets my vote also.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#40 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,808 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 01, 2009 - 09:19 PM

yep, its too bad his game won't mesh with the 76ers, like fitting a square peg in a round hole

joe johnson

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users