#1 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts
  • Name:JJ
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:55 PM

Now that we have the Lamar thing out the way I hope that Mitch is still focused on shoring up the PG spot.

I doubt we spend anymore money so we have to do it with equal salaries via trade.

Fisher summoned what I believe to be his last hurrah against the Magic. Fisher shouldn't play anymore than 20 minutes next year.

Farmar and Shannon are an intriguing combo. But neither are starters.

Sasha- 5 mil- 2 yrs left

Farmar- 2 mil-contract year

Ammo- 5 mil- contract year

Mbenga- 1 mil- contract year

Fisher- 5 mil contract year

I won't include Luke because he has 4 years left.

This is 18 mil to play with potentially.

What can we get with 18 mil?

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 04, 2009 - 07:57 PM

We won't have $18 million to play with. We're over the salary cap. By a LOT.

#3 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• Banned
  • 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:00 PM

whoa, 18 million lets get Chris Paul or deron williams or Derrick rose.

Dude, we just improved as much as we are going to do in the offseason
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#4 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:02 PM

We won't have $18 million to play with. We're over the salary cap. By a LOT.

We can bring back whatever amount trade out. Plus we have two trade exceptions that total about 4.5 mil.

#5 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:06 PM

whoa, 18 million lets get Chris Paul or deron williams or Derrick rose.

Dude, we just improved as much as we are going to do in the offseason

18mil is the max amount if you added it all up. Do we bring in a player like Paul, Deron, or Rose....hell no.

I was was just showing how mush money we could possibly play with if we wanted to.

We improved by bringing in Artest. But we might have gotten worse at PG with Fish being 1 yr older and Farmar an unknown.

I'm not asking for Earvin Abdul Ewing JaMikan to walk in the door. Just address the position.

#6 Lakerfan101

Lakerfan101

The Closer

• 1,076 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:07 PM

thats why i'am saying sign and trade for felton
AMMO AND FARMAR SHOULd DO THE TRICK! :rolleyes:

#7 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:11 PM

thats why i'am saying sign and trade for felton
AMMO AND FARMAR SHOULd DO THE TRICK! :rolleyes:

I would like that but the Bobcats probably don't want Ammo back.

Hinrich is my personal favorite.

Maybe the Bulls do it to help get rid of money so they can pursue Wade.

I would rather have a player that can contribute that money on the bench being wasted that's being spent anyways.

#8 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:13 PM

We can bring back whatever amount trade out. Plus we have two trade exceptions that total about 4.5 mil.

I misread your original post, didn't read the end. Either way, it's not like any of those players you mentioned are valuable to other teams. Some teams may want Farmar, but there are no takers as of now.

#9 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:15 PM

I misread your original post, didn't read the end. Either way, it's not like any of those players you mentioned are valuable to other teams. Some teams may want Farmar, but there are no takers as of now.

I know. The only value they carry is salary relief with the exception of Farmar.

#10 KobeMVP888

KobeMVP888

Rookie

• 978 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 08:18 PM

I love how we stack up at the lead guard position next year. Mitch can deal with the future later (or whenever he wants to). Experience, versatility, youth and athleticism. Each of our lead guards are role players who can shoot the three-ball, which is essential in the triangle. Fisher brings experience, toughness and wisdom. Farmar, who had an off season adjusting to a new role and coming back from an injury, only knows Phil Jackson's system since he was drafted by the Lakers. He is fast as lightning, penetrates and finishes well and hits clutch shots when Kobe is resting at the end of quarters. Shannon Brown brings size, length, speed and athleticism, learned the triangle quickly, plays under control and is a tough defender. He will match up well against D-Wil, Billups and other bigger lead (point) guards. We are loaded with stars. We need role players at this position to defer to our stars and we already have them on our roster.

Also, please note:

1) Utah series - Brown excelled.

2) Houston- Game 2 Fish crumples Scola. Game over. Game 3. Farmar excels with the starters, plays under control and eats Aaron Brooks for lunch in his gym. Game over.

3) Denver series- Fish starts finding his range toward the end of the series. ShanWOW turns the entire momentum of the series when he posterized The Birdman. Series over.

4) Magic- Fisher's clutch Game 4 3s. Game, set, championship.

Remember, our other guard is Kobe Bryant. We're fine IMHO. ("H" stands for "humble" or "homer." Take your pick)

Edited by KobeMVP888, August 04, 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• Banned
  • 10,358 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:13 PM

I love how we stack up at the lead guard position next year. Mitch can deal with the future later (or whenever he wants to). Experience, versatility, youth and athleticism. Each of our lead guards are role players who can shoot the three-ball, which is essential in the triangle. Fisher brings experience, toughness and wisdom. Farmar, who had an off season adjusting to a new role and coming back from an injury, only knows Phil Jackson's system since he was drafted by the Lakers. He is fast as lightning, penetrates and finishes well and hits clutch shots when Kobe is resting at the end of quarters. Shannon Brown brings size, length, speed and athleticism, learned the triangle quickly, plays under control and is a tough defender. He will match up well against D-Wil, Billups and other bigger lead (point) guards. We are loaded with stars. We need role players at this position to defer to our stars and we already have them on our roster.

Also, please note:

1) Utah series - Brown excelled.

2) Houston- Game 2 Fish crumples Scola. Game over. Game 3. Farmar excels with the starters, plays under control and eats Aaron Brooks for lunch in his gym. Game over.

3) Denver series- Fish starts finding his range toward the end of the series. ShanWOW turns the entire momentum of the series when he posterized The Birdman. Series over.

4) Magic- Fisher's clutch Game 4 3s. Game, set, championship.

Remember, our other guard is Kobe Bryant. We're fine IMHO. ("H" stands for "humble" or "homer." Take your pick)

I think we saw a change in Farmar this postseason. He realizd that maybe it isnt about his stats. its about his effectiveness. everyone learns that lesson in the NBA. i hope that jordan starts and stars for the lakers. he can equal rondo, I really believe
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#12 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:26 PM

I think we saw a change in Farmar this postseason. He realizd that maybe it isnt about his stats. its about his effectiveness. everyone learns that lesson in the NBA. i hope that jordan starts and stars for the lakers. he can equal rondo, I really believe

See I just don't know. I hate Rondo I think he's probably in the best position of any PG in the league.

Rondo still can't shoot and is a knucklehead. So it's suffice to say I'm not that high on Rondo. I will say that he is a decent rebounder for his position.

I'm not sure what Farmar's ceiling is. If he is the future then he has to become a true PG playing with Drewopoly. I'm not sold that Farmar can do this. As of right now I'd say Farmar's ceiling at max is Tim Hardaway. That's the complete max.

#13 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• Banned
  • 10,358 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:27 PM

See I just don't know. I hate Rondo I think he's probably in the best position of any PG in the league.

Rondo still can't shoot and is a knucklehead. So it's suffice to say I'm not that high on Rondo. I will say that he is a decent rebounder for his position.

I'm not sure what Farmar's ceiling is. If he is the future then he has to become a true PG playing with Drewopoly. I'm not sold that Farmar can do this. As of right now I'd say Farmar's ceiling at max is Tim Hardaway. That's the complete max.

all star
but Jordan has GREAT chemistrty w/ Drew

#14 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:33 PM

all star
but Jordan has GREAT chemistrty w/ Drew

They do have good chemistry. Just not completely sold on Farmar. I think Mitch has to figure out how soon Farmar can be what we need. If he can step up this year then he stays. But if he's 2-3 years away then he has to go because we are ready to dynastize the league right now.

The funny thing is that if we trade Farmar he will become a mini beast outside of our system. Farmar is a bit restricted with the Lakers. But I think he's learned more than he thinks he has.

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:43 PM

Farmar has absolutely no chance of being a Tim Hardaway. He (Tim) was an excellent point guard, had one of the deadliest crossovers in the history of the NBA, and was also a franchise player. His numbers were actually as good or better than Steve Nash's, when Nash won his MVP awards.

Farmar will never reach that status. No chance.

As for bringing in a point guard, it sure would be nice to have someone that plays consistent perimeter defense and can knock down shots. Fisher knocks down shots...big shots...but he shoots around 42-43% and doesn't play defense. Farmar has no lateral quickness and doesn't shoot at a high percentage (did last season, but that's what Vujacic did as well). Brown shot well for us and played defense, but he only averaged less than 10 minutes a game.

Guess we'll be sticking with what we have, though.

#16 Big Chief Triangle

Big Chief Triangle

The Best

• 636 posts

Posted August 04, 2009 - 09:59 PM

Farmar has absolutely no chance of being a Tim Hardaway. He (Tim) was an excellent point guard, had one of the deadliest crossovers in the history of the NBA, and was also a franchise player. His numbers were actually as good or better than Steve Nash's, when Nash won his MVP awards.

Farmar will never reach that status. No chance.

As for bringing in a point guard, it sure would be nice to have someone that plays consistent perimeter defense and can knock down shots. Fisher knocks down shots...big shots...but he shoots around 42-43% and doesn't play defense. Farmar has no lateral quickness and doesn't shoot at a high percentage (did last season, but that's what Vujacic did as well). Brown shot well for us and played defense, but he only averaged less than 10 minutes a game.

Guess we'll be sticking with what we have, though.

Real when I hit submit I knew I was wrong about the Hardaway projection/comparison. I was just trying to be fair and optimistic about Farmar's ceiling. I really don't know what Farmar can do. I thought he was on his way last year but always regresses.

When you look around the league there are option.

But they have got to be willing to defer four times on each play before they look for a shot and willing to step up and take a big shot if needed along with defending their own position. Who can do this?

Hinrich
Ridnour
T.J. Ford
Duhon
Salmons

There something else I was looking at also. It's pipe but fits into Detroit's plans....Rip Hamilton to play the Combo/PG

#17 KBLakersUp

KBLakersUp

Rookie

• 357 posts
  • Name:ECN
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:03 PM

first pick would be hinrich.

Lakers are the G.O.A.T.
Posted Image

#18 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,418 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:21 PM

try to steal rubio

#19 Ricky

Ricky

Like's The LC

• 545 posts
  • Name:Freaky D
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:33 PM

Rajon Rondo- almost perfect for lakers, only things are his shaky shot and being a celtic
Luke Ridnour- an unathlitc version of farmar
Rafer Alston- skip to my lou can still ball. I'd love to see him in in gold and forum blue
Chris Duhon- had 18 assits in a huge game for the Knicks this year
Shaun Livingston- more of a playing making SF
Anthony Johnson- too old and not good
Steve Blake- a tough white boy that could shoot
Sergio Rodriguez- a nice playmaking point, played good in the olyimpics
Marcus Williams- great crossover and passer, but questionable additude
Roko Ukic- i really dont know that guy, but he's a euro
Quincy Douby- he was the MVP of the '05 class in the video turnament
Randy Foye- more of a SG, but kinda stuck between
Mike James- know as a scoring point like Rafer, just older and fatter, nice shot though
Eddie House- more of a SG, great 3
J.J. Barea- nice offensive spark, very short though
Will Bynum- extremely athletic and very short
Speedy Claxton- 3 steals per 48 minutes, in '05. Suffered lots of injuires, but nice playmaker
Kyle Lowry- very quick PG with great strength and penetrating skills. Reminds me of JuneBug
Travis Diener- ???
Earl Watson- i rembering hearding about his defense and shot
Sebastian Telfair- He related to Stephon Marbury....'Nuff said
Jordan Farmar- quick guard with potenital to be a better verison of Fisher.
Derek Fisher- The Fish that Saved LA is turning 34
Mario Chalmers- love this guy, great hands and is clutch! (remember Final 4)
Chucky Atkins- too short and old

and these are all the PG's in the 2010 PG pool of free agents. My fab 5 are Rondo, Chalmers, Rafer, Farmar and Fishy.

Rondo will be hard and will be looking for above a $7 mill/year, and the Celtics got space for the restricted FA with Ray-Ray and Pu$$y Peirce's contracts expiring, roughly +$25 million

If D-Wade does leave Miami, they will not let the restricted Chalmers leave without a fight

Rafer is a New York guy, so i have a feeling he'll be signing with the knick or maybe even the Brooklyn Nets

Farmar will be look above $4 mill/year and D-Fish maybe around $2 mill or lower, so they are pretty safe unless some jerk signs them from us

Edited by Ricky, August 04, 2009 - 10:34 PM.

#20 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted August 04, 2009 - 10:41 PM

^^ Rondo wouldn't be a perfect fit at all for the Lakers and the triangle in general. His shot is horrific and he needs the ball to be effective. Definitely not the type of PG for the triangle.

An ideal PG for our system would be Kirk Hinrich or Steve Blake, a player who can knock down the 3 consistently and play good or decent defense. We should of picked up Blake that one year he was a FA, but oh well. The dream PG for the Lakers would be Billups though, he would be probably the best fit PG for the Lakers in the entire league but we all know Denver isn't going to give him up.

Right now, I like the team though. Regardless of our point guard liabilities, we're still an extremely formidable team.

Edited by KuYa JL, August 04, 2009 - 10:48 PM.

Made By Vaporize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users