Photo

Heroes - Villains: Good Will Battle Evil!

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#41 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted September 24, 2008 - 05:27 AM

I just wanna point out that, anything changed in history of time will have repercussions into another time frame....that has to be in Heroes.

#42 Domo

Domo

slava for president

• 1,003 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:17 AM

Even Homer J. Simpson was smarter than Peter Petrelli. When Homer went back in time, and the butterfly effect changed everything, he at least tried to change things back. Peter sits there and does nothing. Sylar attacks Claire? Hey Peter, you can bend space and time and travel to that exact point and place in time to stop him. Your past self somehow gets lost in the jailbreak? You can just travel to the time of the break out and grab him yourself.

But when he shot Nathan it completely changed the future to 'something much worse', why try and change more events when it can have even more repercussions? Peter realized that by going back in time in the first place had severe consequences, which is why he put limitations on what he could do or say to anyone afterwards.

Edited by SLAK24, September 24, 2008 - 06:21 AM.

#43 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:22 AM

But when he shot Nathan it completely changed the future to 'something much worse', why try and change more events when it can have even more reprocutions? Peter realized that by going back in time in the first place had severe consequences, which is why he put limitations on what he could do or say to anyone afterwards.

It's 50-50. Things will either get better or they'll get worse. It won't get worse 100% of the time. With his powers, he gets an infinite number of chances to fix things.

Edited by daco_inc, September 24, 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#44 Domo

Domo

slava for president

• 1,003 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:34 AM

It's 50-50. Things will either get better or they'll get worse. It won't get worse 100% of the time. With his powers, he gets an infinite number of chances to fix things.

Not necessarily better or worse all the time, just changing each time. Peter doesn't want to keep disrupting the balance of time/history. Yeah Peter can keep going back in time to get a future that would satisfy everyone, but that wouldn't be a great story line for a show :coffee: .

Edited by SLAK24, September 24, 2008 - 06:36 AM.

#45 Vudoo

Vudoo

Vlad's Warm Fleece Blanket

• 368 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:04 PM

How could you possibly know that's there's a 50-50 chance things will get worse or better?

This is Heroes, the show doesn't make sense at all in the first place. That's one of the reasons why people watch it.

Edited by Vudoo, September 24, 2008 - 06:04 PM.

My computer is broken so I'm not on as much...

#46 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:35 PM

Because it's just simple odds. 2 possible outcomes with no reason for 1 to outweigh the other. Actually there are 3 outcomes: Things get worse, they get better, or they stay the same. So actually the odds are in favor of Peter.

#47 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted September 24, 2008 - 08:57 PM

i cantt believe sylar took claire's power!!! or most of it at least.. now she can't feel anything.. yet she still gets injured.. i dont get how that happened.. how did it do a 180? and then sylar told her she cant die.. but when she cut her hand on the glass... it wasnt heeling... whats going on? im confused!!!!!!!!!!!

and why is peter evil all of a sudden with that scar on his face.. i know hes from the future or wutever.. but why is he evil?

and WTH is up with peter's mom saying she's sylar's mom..

confusingg as hell!
Posted Image

#48 Domo

Domo

slava for president

• 1,003 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 09:07 PM

i cantt believe sylar took claire's power!!! or most of it at least.. now she can't feel anything.. yet she still gets injured.. i dont get how that happened.. how did it do a 180? and then sylar told her she cant die.. but when she cut her hand on the glass... it wasnt heeling... whats going on? im confused!!!!!!!!!!!

and why is peter evil all of a sudden with that scar on his face.. i know hes from the future or wutever.. but why is he evil?

confusingg as hell!

Nah she can still heal she just doesn't feel anything anymore, you could see the wound healing but it was pretty hard to see because of the blood. I don't think Future Peter is evil he just went back in time to change the future which he believes is too dangerous for everyone to go through. Yeah I wasn't expecting that whole Sylar's mom thing either :rock: , but anyway how cool was Future Ando's power?!

#49 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,340 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:48 PM

confusingg as hell!

from the looks of it i got the vibe future claire was the evil one

peter "what happened to you claire"

claire "i'm different remember, special"

also each hero has a progression of power as matt parkman showed last season where he began to be able to control other peoples minds as well

and about sylar being angela's mother i have a sneaky feeling that peter and sylar share the same mother but not the same father
Posted Image

#50 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,340 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:55 PM

best line of the season so far

claire "are you going to eat my brain"

sylar "eat your brain claire.......thats disgusting"

dispelling all of the rumors that sylar ate the brains to aqcuire powers

i'm suprised noone mentioned this but anyone notice nikki or whatever her new name is freeze the guy so all of a sudden shes not super strong she freezes people

also how long after season 2 is this because nikki was able to start a new life with the governor so it has to at least be a year removed

also about the whole past and future thing i personally think that each time the time is altered i think a seperate string of time is formed because there were many instances in seasons 1 and 2 where you wonder how certain things would have come to be if they changed it.

last thing and possibly the most obvious but the whole time travel thing puzzles me because couldn't the all the issues be solved if peter just went back in time and killed sylar before he became bad

just a thought
Posted Image

#51 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:16 PM

It's starts off exactly when season 2 ended...

#52 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,340 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:19 PM

It's starts off exactly when season 2 ended...

then how in the hell did nikki build a new life so quickly

unless she had that life going all along
Posted Image

#53 Domo

Domo

slava for president

• 1,003 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:21 PM

Hasn't been explained yet, I can't wait to find out what actually happened after Nikki was in the explosion.

#54 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,340 posts

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:26 PM

another question is adam's power different from claires

because adam said a shot to the head would kill him or peter

adam "theres no coming back from that one"

so wouldn't sylar be wrong in saying claire can't die

also we all know when sylar takes a power he knows its whole potential and he can immediately control it yet for some so maybe there is a lot more to beautiful claire than simply regenerating

maybe if you cut her in half she multiplies
Posted Image

#55 kobethetruemvp

kobethetruemvp

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 25, 2008 - 07:09 AM

thats not nikki thats tracy

#56 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted September 25, 2008 - 08:43 AM

My thoughts on the premiere:

I think Tracy is a totally different person than Nikki or a clone of some sort. As one person said, it would have been impossible for Nikki to lead the double life to that degree where she was Tracy and Nikki at the same time. This premiere is taking place right as Season 2 ends obviously because Tracy visits Nathan in the hospital after he’s been shot.

I HATE the Mohinder plot. The fact that they can now give powers to people takes away the special qualities of the heroes/villians. It just seems like it opens up the door for some lazy writing where if they need some filler, they’ll just give powers to someone who has nothing to do with anything and before you know it, you’ll have 50 different people running around the Heroes universe that we need to keep track of. If it stops with Mohinder I can deal with it, but it has to stop.

Glad to see Linderman back in whatever form he is. He was one of the things that made Season 1 special. He’s easily the most talented actor on that set unless we bring Ali Larter’s body into the discussion.

There are powers that will need to be explained. Peter has morphing ability with the way he can decide when his scar should show or not (and I’ve wondered for a while now how he gets that scar when he can heal). Peter somehow removed Present Peter’s soul and put it in that gangbanger looking dude’s body. And speaking of the gangbanger dude, what is his power going to be? Noah didn’t say, he merely intimated it was disaster. Getting tired of Claire’s character. Her and Peter are made for each other. Both are whiny [expletive]es.

#57 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,340 posts

Posted September 25, 2008 - 12:20 PM

^^^ the fact that people can get powers is not mohinders plot its the shows plot

the formula that was stolen from hiro was the formula to give people powers and they are trying to stop this from happening because it could destroy the world
Posted Image

#58 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted September 25, 2008 - 12:41 PM

i seriously think the show has become way too confusing.. i hope the rest of the season isnt like that.
Posted Image

#59 Vudoo

Vudoo

Vlad's Warm Fleece Blanket

• 368 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 25, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Because it's just simple odds. 2 possible outcomes with no reason for 1 to outweigh the other. Actually there are 3 outcomes: Things get worse, they get better, or they stay the same. So actually the odds are in favor of Peter.

Yes, I agree, there can be multiple outcomes....

However, the odds for those outcomes can NOT be determined. There are an infinite number of factors that could affect the percentages of whether things get better, stay the same, or get worse which make it literally impossible to know for sure. It's like predicting the weather, you can never know for sure what the weather's going to be like because there are an infinite amount of factors that can change it.
My computer is broken so I'm not on as much...

#60 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,340 posts

Posted September 25, 2008 - 03:58 PM

i seriously think the show has become way too confusing.. i hope the rest of the season isnt like that.

not really the only time its confusing is when you over think the time travel element of the show

if you just accept their explanations and focus on the story most of its straight foward with exception of the various twists and turns they throw at the viewers
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users