461 replies to this topic

#461 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 1,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 03, 2017 - 04:36 PM

I went to a sports bar and it was full of Trojans, cept for a few Penn heads which of course were hooting and hollering every time their team scored I on a bathroom run stopped and told them enjoy this moment but at the end of the game check the scoreboard! I returned and loved it as my prediction unfolded. They literally ran out of the bar without paying their tab, they returned after about an hour or so I told them enjoy the wrm weather and have a nice flight home. We'll be waiting!

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 03, 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#462 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 1,663 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 03, 2017 - 04:39 PM

So you're saying that its going to only take Mora 2 season at UCLA to gain interest from NFL teams, when it took Pete 8 season and 2 National Championships? If you think he's that good.....lol. To me, Mora has yet to really accomplish anything at UCLA. The talent was already there and lucked out that he was here when SC had 2 down seasons. 

We are going to peak these next 2 seasons, we will have top 5 caliber talent on the team. If Mora is unable win anything outstanding by then, then he's just a okay college football coach. Not a great one like Pete Carroll. So i would be prefecture okay if he would want to jump ship to the NFL and UCLA gets another crack at finding the 1. Its not hard to win at UCLA like the media likes to perceive it to be, we have always been a top attraction for great talent. Look at all the success UCLA alums have in the NFL.

But the archetypes between SC and UCLA seem to be changing. Its very similar to when Toledo left UCLA during the late 90s and UCLA lucked out on coaching changes for the next decade. While SC struck gold with Carroll, but idk too early to tell.

I agree Moras name hasn't surfaced period, he'd need a stronger resume imo. Probably see Stanfords guy get a bite first.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, January 03, 2017 - 04:40 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users