6/9 Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic (Game 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1141 replies to this topic

#1121 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, LO, Pau, JC

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:01 PM

Odom did all the little things you need to win.
He did his part, no one to blame, you win as a team, you lose as a team.

#1122 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:02 PM

Lakers will win game 4. We took the Magic's best shot IMO.

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#1123 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:02 PM

Holy [expletive] - Kobe just smiled at the press conference.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#1124 Pac

Pac

Sixth Man

• 3,301 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, and Ron

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:03 PM

Odom did all the little things you need to win.
He did his part, no one to blame, you win as a team, you lose as a team.

ICAM.

#1125 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:03 PM

there's something wrong with kobe's left hand, he is flexing it a lot

#1126 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,301 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:05 PM

Feel free to criticize Kobe. Just be intelligent with your criticism.

You can easily lose games in the 1st quarter. Especially the 1st home game in the NBA Finals for a team that hasn't hosted one in 14 years.

Kobe helped us have a lead at the end of the 1st, in a game we could've easily trailed by a nice margin.

That matters. It kept us in the game.

He didn't play well down the stretch. He didn't shoot well down the stretch. He made some bad decisions down the stretch.

It's okay. We'll move forward. If it satisfies something in your inner being to type that Kobe deserves criticism for the last two games, then please, type away. But, it's really no big deal.

We lost. We could've won. Kobe was a little anxious. But, if his first 3 quarters counted. He kept us in this early.

Some other guys stepped up late, and even Kobe had a nice assist to Pau to cut the deficit to 1.

We never saw a replay on that lay-up he missed. Plus, he should've called time when Pau was on the ground.

Two big plays.

He was over-aggressive tonight, especially late.

It happened. Let's move on.

i wouldn't criticize if i knew kobe wasn't any better than this

the last 2 games from him were sub par efforts specifically down the stretch

do i believe this will continue for the rest of the series? no but does he deserve blame? yes

this isn't a we lost so i blame kobe out of anger. go check the posts after game 2 i criticized him then as well

he has played empty in the second half of the past 2 games plain and simple
Posted Image

#1127 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• Banned
  • 6,790 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:06 PM

Laker loss tonight is keeping my hot date with the STAPLES Center alive next Tuesday for Game 6!

#1128 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,301 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:09 PM

Lakers will win game 4. We took the Magic's best shot IMO.

doesn't get more best shot than shooting 76% at half

i mean to give a better shot they would have to shoot 80% at half and win shooting 70%

also a story i have watched develop is ariza is epically failing to defend hedo

and its not like hedo is overpowering him. he is blowing right by him

last time i checked ariza was quicker than hedo

this game reminds me of game 3 of the utah series

kobe was awful, the team played decent but we were outplayed severly the entire game but we lost by no more than 2 possesions

very similar
Posted Image

#1129 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,465 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:13 PM

Good thing about this loss is that we didn't blow a game that we had in our control

Rather, we blew an opportunity to steal this one away from them.

This game should not be as momentum-changing as what Miami did to Dallas in Game 3 in 2006. That game, the Mavericks had won, and choked away a big lead down the stretch.

This game, we played with Orlando throughout, and then pushed them at the end. Orlando tried to choke it away; but, we didn't take it.

Orlando is not a very good defensive team and has really shown no propensity for being able to shut us down. Orlando is already going with line-ups that do not play fully to their strengths.

Does Orlando have any more tricks up its sleeve? If not, then I think we've seen their best.

Believe it or not, we still have some adjustments we can make to give them some different looks, especially on defense.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1130 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• 6,422 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:16 PM

I see that as a positive. It helps put things in perspective.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#1131 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• Banned
  • 6,790 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:20 PM

I'd be smiling as well. Orlando threw everything they had at LA and only won by 4.

#1132 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,429 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2009 - 09:24 PM

This is the first time all season I am not mad at a loss. Thoughts on the game:

Lakers took Orlando's best shot. They made almost every shot, they played some good defense, and won by 4 points.

Kobe was amazing in the first quarter. He was pretty bad the rest of the way. But don't expect him to miss five free throws again. He'll bounce back.

We need to knock down the open three's. Ariza had a lot of open looks.

Dwight got away with A LOT of pushes down low and with illegal screens.

Pietrus offensive put back was very close to a goaltend. I personally thought it was.

Not much else to say. Get ready for game 4. We still control this series. The Magic needed this win plain and simple. They will most likely not shoot that way again.

This is the Finals!!! No one said it was going to be easy. I love seeing these competitive games. Go Lakers!!

#1133 Franchise

Franchise

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 09, 2009 - 10:19 PM

if Kobe had made his free throws we could've gone to OT and given ourselves a chance. 5 out of 10 is unacceptable

I still feel good about this series,i don't see Kobe repeating that choke performance again, i dont' see the Magic shooting 64% from the floor again, we got this series, they edged us out tonight.

Of course 5/10 ft shooting is unacceptable. But there is no reason for the blame to be placed solely on Kobe's shoulders. Hey, i'll admit kobe has been sup par last two performances and LA are 1-1 in those 2 games. Kobe is due. Let the organisation as in the players, coaches and fans must keep there (our) heads up and get ready for battle in game 4. G4 is the biggest game so far, a very a pivotal game. PJ will have made a perfect game plan and you watch Kobe execute it perfectly without needing to force his shots. LA in six. LETS GO GUYS

#1134 Franchise

Franchise

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 09, 2009 - 10:22 PM

doesn't get more best shot than shooting 76% at half

i mean to give a better shot they would have to shoot 80% at half and win shooting 70%

also a story i have watched develop is ariza is epically failing to defend hedo

and its not like hedo is overpowering him. he is blowing right by him

last time i checked ariza was quicker than hedo

this game reminds me of game 3 of the utah series

kobe was awful, the team played decent but we were outplayed severly the entire game but we lost by no more than 2 possesions

very similar

.. and we won G4 in utah, one of the most, if not the most hostile arenas in the NBA. chin up mate, we're still in control with HCA intact and we will be ready to rumble in G4.

#1135 Pac

Pac

Sixth Man

• 3,301 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, and Ron

Posted June 09, 2009 - 10:40 PM

.. and we won G4 in utah, one of the most, if not the most hostile arenas in the NBA. chin up mate, we're still in control with HCA intact and we will be ready to rumble in G4.

Your right about that. Magic fans have nothing on Utah fans.

#1136 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:35 AM

Our defense was embarrassing. The highest FG% allowed in a NBA Finals game...EVER: 62.5%

Then the Lakers "defense" allowed the Magic to shoot 75% in the 1st half alone. Never in my life have I seen defense this horrible.

Another stat I noticed: The Lakers tied an NBA record by losing their seventh straight Finals game on the road.

Kobe really let us down in the second half. He had just 10 points in the second half and went only 4 of 15 from the field after the first quarter. He also missed five free throws, points that could have given the Lakers that 3-0 lead.

Ugh

Edited by Windu, June 10, 2009 - 08:35 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1137 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted June 10, 2009 - 08:58 AM

Our defense was embarrassing. The highest FG% allowed in a NBA Finals game...EVER: 62.5%

Then the Lakers "defense" allowed the Magic to shoot 75% in the 1st half alone. Never in my life have I seen defense this horrible.

Another stat I noticed: The Lakers tied an NBA record by losing their seventh straight Finals game on the road.

Kobe really let us down in the second half. He had just 10 points in the second half and went only 4 of 15 from the field after the first quarter. He also missed five free throws, points that could have given the Lakers that 3-0 lead.

Ugh

I don't know why anyone listens to you. You said Houston would win in 7, we'd get raped by Denver and then started a thread about us getting owned by the Magic.

#1138 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,818 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2009 - 09:15 AM

Ugh

This is someone who doesn't understand basketball. The Lakers played fine defense, the Magic scored 106 points shooting a whopping, bulging, astronomical 60 something percent. They are a jump shooting team, they got to take a bunch of running jump shots tonight that they generally aren't comfortable making, and they made them tonight, in record numbers, and they still had to eek out a win against a lakers team that was playing a mediocre to decent game. If the Magic are going to hit 60 percent on running jumpers then you are going to be in trouble any game, that is just the reality of it, you take your chances, knowing that they aren't comfortable with the shots, continue playing the defense that forces them inside from the 3 point line. Allow Rafer Alston to take as many shots as he wants, statistically speaking, he will turn back into Rafer Alston. Perhaps consider a different strategy on Rashard Lewis.

One thing is for sure, Dwight Howard has been exposed, he is not the superstar that everyone thought he was. Defensively he is a beast, offensively he has no go to move other than attempting to dunk, he will score all of his points in this series at the free throw line.

Overall, if you can be encouraged by a loss, you should be. The Magic fans, and ESPN will come on the radio and TV today saying that the series could or should be 2 - 1 Magic, but guess what, its not, its 2 -1 Lakers. This series is over in 5 or 6 at the most.

Game 1 Lakers play well, they win by 25. Game 2 they play like garbage, they win. Game 3 the Magic play the game of their lives collectively and they eek out a win. The writing is on the wall for this series. If you have money, go ahead and put all of it on the Lakers, the magic will lose a tough Game 4 and they will fold.

#1139 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts

Posted June 10, 2009 - 09:16 AM

I don't know why anyone listens to you. You said Houston would win in 7, we'd get raped by Denver and then started a thread about us getting owned by the Magic.

blah blah blah. The numbers are right there, so this isn't about listening to me or not. I'm not the one who played poor defense.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1140 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,698 posts

Posted June 10, 2009 - 09:23 AM

This is someone who doesn't understand basketball. The Lakers played fine defense, the Magic scored 106 points shooting a whopping, bulging, astronomical 60 something percent. They are a jump shooting team, they got to take a bunch of running jump shots tonight that they generally aren't comfortable making, and they made them tonight, in record numbers, and they still had to eek out a win against a lakers team that was playing a mediocre to decent game. If the Magic are going to hit 60 percent on running jumpers then you are going to be in trouble any game, that is just the reality of it, you take your chances, knowing that they aren't comfortable with the shots, continue playing the defense that forces them inside from the 3 point line. Allow Rafer Alston to take as many shots as he wants, statistically speaking, he will turn back into Rafer Alston. Perhaps consider a different strategy on Rashard Lewis.

One thing is for sure, Dwight Howard has been exposed, he is not the superstar that everyone thought he was. Defensively he is a beast, offensively he has no go to move other than attempting to dunk, he will score all of his points in this series at the free throw line.

Overall, if you can be encouraged by a loss, you should be. The Magic fans, and ESPN will come on the radio and TV today saying that the series could or should be 2 - 1 Magic, but guess what, its not, its 2 -1 Lakers. This series is over in 5 or 6 at the most.

Game 1 Lakers play well, they win by 25. Game 2 they play like garbage, they win. Game 3 the Magic play the game of their lives collectively and they eek out a win. The writing is on the wall for this series. If you have money, go ahead and put all of it on the Lakers, the magic will lose a tough Game 4 and they will fold.

You're obviously referring to yourself because someone that dismisses those poor defensive numbers couldn't possibly know anything about the game of basketball.

The Lakers are not playing fine defense. Rashard Lewis is getting WIDE OPEN looks at the basket EVERY GAME. Thats fact. The Magic are a jump shooting team? No [expletive], einstein! What do you do to jump shooters? Put a hand in their face...we're not doing that. We've gotten lucky sometimes because the Magic are missing good looks. Proof of that is the fact that Rafer is knocking down shots he was once missing.

Dwight Howard hasn't been exposed. We've exposed what? Everyone knows Dwight Howard is not an offensive powerhouse...thats not exposure...thats common knowledge.

Edited by Windu, June 10, 2009 - 09:24 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users