#1 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:41 PM

I by no means am giving up this team. I will never give up on the team i was born to root for, no matter how many leads they blow, how badly their defense i bleed P&G.

What will it take for this team to wake up? Like everyone else at the end of the regular season i assumed Lakers had this magical "extra gear" that they would turn on and all of their problems would simply disappear. But the funny thing is this team has played worse in the post-season than the regular season. This team was supposed to be on a mission, they were supposed to breeze through the west like they did in the regular season.

Out of the 9 games they have played 5 of them have been blown leads (Utah games 1,2,3,5 Hou game 2) thats 55% of their games they have blown a lead. Pretty big number for a championship caliber team. Out of those 9, 7 of them the opponent has shot more free-throws which only means one thing, the Lakers settle for jump shots, while the other team attacks the basket. In 5 of those games they have turned the ball over more. I could keep going on but it would just depress you so i am just going to go on with the question.

We have gone from favorites to the 3rd or 4th best team in the playoffs in two weeks....
What has happened to the Lakers in the postseason? Their record does not show just how poorly this team has played.

Edited by Mr. Laker, May 10, 2009 - 10:53 PM.

#2 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• Banned
  • 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:47 PM

I don't even want to think about it anymore. I stress over losses when we lose cuz' I thought we would have done better by now and it's only going to get harder...

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#3 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:48 PM

I don't even want to think about it anymore. I stress over losses when we lose cuz' I thought we would have done better by now and it's only going to get harder...

But my question is...in a time where your only supposed to improve your game how can the Lakers be lowering theirs?

#4 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:49 PM

I don't think anybody knows what has happened. Everyone is just as clueless as you. We can't go into the minds of these players to know why they're playing the way they are. Let's just hope they turn it around soon because the last thing I want is another disappointing June.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#5 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,009 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:50 PM

What has happened is that the OP is thinking about hoppin from the wagon.

Okay, see ya.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#6 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:51 PM

No one here knows.

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#7 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

I don't think anybody knows what has happened. Everyone is just as clueless as you. We can't go into the minds of these players to know why they're playing the way they are. Let's just hope they turn it around soon because the last thing I want is another disappointing June.

But how is it possible that they have stepped their game down so much? They were the favorites in the regular season and now their the 4th best team in the playoffs? I just don't get it.

Edited by Mr. Laker, May 10, 2009 - 10:53 PM.

#8 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,273 posts

There are no perfect teams

And there is no way this Lakers team was perfect in the regular season.

Edited by Smoove, May 10, 2009 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:52 PM

What has happened is that the OP is thinking about hoppin from the wagon.

Okay, see ya.

What does the first 2 sentences say? Read before you post.

There are no perfect teams

But teams alway improve with each game of the post-season, especially a team with the aspirations the Lakers have. Teams never turn it down a notch.

#10 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• Banned
  • 7,484 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:53 PM

But how is it possible that they have stepped their game down so much? They were "almost" perfect in the regular season and now their the 4th best team in the playoffs? I just don't get it.

The other teams upped their game plan higher then ours. We seem to relax a lot and our rotations aren't always great.

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#11 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:54 PM

But how is it possible that they have stepped their game down so much? They were "almost" perfect in the regular season and now their the 4th best team in the playoffs? I just don't get it.

How is it possible? That's a question that we don't have an answer to.

#12 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:55 PM

The other teams upped their game plan higher then ours. We seem to relax a lot and our rotations aren't always great.

But my question is how? Is there something going on that we dont know about? Because this is ridiculous, Is there some internal conflicts or injuries? If not there is no excuse for this postseason.

#13 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,273 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:55 PM

What does the first 2 sentences say? Read before you post.

But teams alway improve with each game of the post-season, especially a team with the aspirations the Lakers have. Teams never turn it down a notch.

I guess we suck then.

Posted Image

#14 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:56 PM

How is it possible? That's a question that we don't have an answer to.

Your right we dont know and all we can do is guess but what would the logical explanation be for doing this?

I guess we suck then.

What? Did i ever say we "sucked"? Or did i say we stepped it down a notch in a time where teams are tuning their games into as close to perfect as possible.

#15 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:59 PM

The logical explanation is that the Lakers are a very overconfident team who thought the Western Conference was going to be a breeze like it was last season and it's biting them in the [expletive] now. For a team that ALL SEASON LONG has talked about defense being the key to winning a championship, they have really come out and disappointed the hell out of all their fans. They think that their offense is enough to win games when clearly that's not the case.

#16 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• Banned
  • 7,484 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 10:59 PM

But my question is how? Is there something going on that we dont know about? Because this is ridiculous, Is there some internal conflicts or injuries? If not there is no excuse for this postseason.

What do u mean how, don't base this off the regular season. Those things can be flukes a lot. But I guess we struggle when good defensive teams try and stop Kobe and Pau and our other guys suck it up.

All About Tha NW

-----------------------

#17 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,009 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted May 10, 2009 - 11:00 PM

We have gone from favorites to the 3rd or 4th best team in the playoffs in two weeks....

This is a completely imaginary transition.

There are no prizes for being favorites or considered the best or worst. The only outcomes which matter happen on the court. You win or you lose. Series wise, right now, we're tied with homecourt. Same place were exactly a year ago against Utah (we lost two straight in that series, handily too).

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#18 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 11:02 PM

This is a completely imaginary transition.

There are no prizes for being favorites or considered the best or worst. The only outcomes which matter happen on the court. You win or you lose. Series wise, right now, we're tied with homecourt. Same place were exactly a year ago against Utah (we lost two straight in that series, handily too).

But they weren't without their best players in that series, and still own us by 30 points. Is that correct?

The logical explanation is that the Lakers are a very overconfident team who thought the Western Conference was going to be a breeze like it was last season and it's biting them in the [expletive] now. For a team that ALL SEASON LONG has talked about defense being the key to winning a championship, they have really come out and disappointed the hell out of all their fans. They think that their offense is enough to win games when clearly that's not the case.

That so sad how a team that got dominated by their most hated rivals in the NBA Finals, cannot learn that defense is the key and commit to it.

#19 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 11:07 PM

the problem is that the team's mind set is already them in the finals. they are not playing these teams, they are playing the finals without even getting there.

last year they were the same way when they arrived in boston, thinking it was a 4 game series. and because of that it didn't happen.

this year it can be worse, because it's starting before.

shane put it best, "the lakers don't respect a group of teams, and we are in that group, but they don't know we are good and we can win."

that's what it is...they are so talented that they win on talent, not on passion or effort.

Edited by lili, May 10, 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#20 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted May 10, 2009 - 11:08 PM

the problem is that the team's mind set is already them in the finals. they are not playing these teams, they are playing the finals without even getting there.

last year they were the same way when they arrived in boston, thinking it was a 4 game series. and because of that it didn't happen.

this year it can be worse, because it's starting before.

shane put it best, "the lakers don't respect a group of team, and we are in that group, but they don't know we are good and we can win."

that's what it is...they are so talented that they win on talent, not on passion or effort.

+1 on every [expletive]ing thing you said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users