Photo

General UFC Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1275 replies to this topic

#1261 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 06, 2016 - 03:52 AM

Nate Diaz calls out Conor McGregor after  Victory (Language.. but it's Nate Diaz.. you know already)

Why... did they give Diaz the mic on National Uncensored Television  :laughing:   You KNOW what's coming  :laughing:

UNCENSORED VERSION 

https://streamable.com/9pm9

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1262 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,335 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2016 - 12:21 AM

Well...six months later (lol), McGregor has lost, Ronda is still recovering, more Jones controversy, nobody can defend the women's bantamweight title, and Lesnar has a UFC victory under his belt in 2016.

Anything else?

GettyImages-545545084.0.jpg

• Majesty likes this

#1263 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 10, 2016 - 11:18 AM

Tate was so outmatched it was ridiculous. She deserved it the way she was running her mouth about Rousey though when she beat Holly.

#1264 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,792 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 11, 2016 - 07:02 AM

So ari bought the UFC instead of the football team. Does it bother you guys when fights get rebooked so close to fight night? I don't ever watch it but that bugs me. The replacement always seems like it's spider why is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1265 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 01:58 PM

Tate was so outmatched it was ridiculous. She deserved it the way she was running her mouth about Rousey though when she beat Holly.

Holm should have gotten an immediate rematch with Tate as she was dominating that entire fight before being caught in a submission. But Dana trying to protect Rousey and knows she can beat Tate.   Serves him right. 

Thing is the only girl that can beat Rousey is Holm and White knows that and knows why which is why he's giving Holm the run around and 2-3 matches to 'earn her way' back. But Rousey gets the immediate rematch whenever she decides to go back. 

We're wise to White's [expletive]. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1266 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,223 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted July 11, 2016 - 06:12 PM

Holm def not the only girl that can beat Rousey. Cyborg can do it too.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#1267 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 01:38 AM

Holm def not the only girl that can beat Rousey. Cyborg can do it too.

Without the steroids, Cyborg looked and fought average against a tomato can that UFC threw at her in her first UFC fight. So I'm not sure if Cyborg is Cyborg anymore.  We'll have to see when the UFC actually gives her someone. 

Considering how easily she was taken down by Gina Carano and was being kept on the ground under her till the ref stood them up and Cyborg took advantage.   I'd figure that Rousey would take her down likely easier and armbar her.   

if Carano could do it, Rousey probably could.  

We'll have to see however if Rousey's swagger / confidence is forever damaged.  

Edited by Majesty, July 12, 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#1268 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,223 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 02:07 PM

Stop it she wasn't take ped her whole career. Just stop.

average??? She destroyed this girl.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 12, 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#1269 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,223 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 02:18 PM

Lmao what? did you even watch the fight? Gina didn't not take her down easily. The only reason Gina was on top and only for a few seconds is because Cris failed at trying to pick her up and she landed on top Cris twice lol. She didn't control anything. Ref didn't stop it Gina was the one who got up. You def need to watch this again. Gina got destroyed too

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 12, 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#1270 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 04:06 PM

Stop it she wasn't take ped her whole career. Just stop.

average??? She destroyed this girl.

Leslie Smith is a tomato can.  

Cyborg looked average against her.    Leslie Smith is a 8-7 fighter and a GRACIE student with no submissions under her belt....

She was an easy match for Cyborg. Jessica Eye has 3 stoppages in her 11 fights, one of those..against Leslie Smith -_-

Lmao what? did you even watch the fight? Gina didn't not take her down easily. The only reason Gina was on top and only for a few seconds is because Cris failed at trying to pick her up and she landed on top Cris twice lol. She didn't control anything. Ref didn't stop it Gina was the one who got up. You def need to watch this again. Gina got destroyed too

Been a few years since I've seen it. 

And yeah now I remember, thanks for showing it,  Carano stopped her second take down (which you can see was countered) and got on top of her in full mount and was ground and pounding her, Why she got up we'll have no idea because she had her pretty much where Carano's game is it's strongest.  

Anyway, if Carano can counter those takedowns, Rousey wouldn't have any issue with it as Judo, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu is her game.   If that was Rousey that stopped that take down as Carano did, Cyborg would have gotten submitted.  

And I don't buy the "oh she was on PED's for this one fight... but she wasn't on them in all these other fights!!"  motif. Sorry if you're a fan of hers.  I enjoy her fights, but I'm not gonna act like she wasn't on PED's for the majority of them.  She just finally got caught. 

Edited by Majesty, July 12, 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#1271 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,223 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 06:45 PM

lol yeah she is a tamato but Cris def didn't look average tkoing that girl in the first round. She does this to everyone. If that's the case I can say the same to Ronda all she was doing is fighting tamato cans and people smaller than her. I'm Ronda a fan too tho.

Gina didn't "easily" stop nothing she got lucky on a failed attempt by Cris and landed on top of her lol.

I'm not worried about Cris being on the ground she is just as good on the ground as she is standing up. I cant say the same thing about Ronda tho. I can say the same thing too. If she got ko'd by Holm image what Cris with more power and better skills can do to her. KO'd. Ronda couldn't even take down Holm. She's not "easily" taking down a 140 pounder.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 12, 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#1272 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 09:22 PM

lol yeah she is a tamato but Cris def didn't look average tkoing that girl in the first round. She does this to everyone. If that's the case I can say the same to Ronda all she was doing is fighting tamato cans and people smaller than her. I'm Ronda a fan too tho.

Gina didn't "easily" stop nothing she got lucky on a failed attempt by Cris and landed on top of her lol.

I'm not worried about Cris being on the ground she is just as good on the ground as she is standing up. I cant say the same thing about Ronda tho. I can say the same thing too. If she got ko'd by Holm image what Cris with more power and better skills can do to her. KO'd. Ronda couldn't even take down Holm. She's not "easily" taking down a 140 pounder.

The second take down where Gina had the most dominant position she stood up from was a stopped takedown, Cris didn't just slip and fall, Gina did the proper thing to stop the take down.    

And Holm is on another level of striking that Cyborg isn't even in the nether region of.  Holly Holm is one of the greatest female boxers of all time, second only to Ann Wolfe, Cyborg isn't even near her in that category. So to say "Well Holm can do it, IMAGINE WHAT CYBORG COULD DO!" when it's really the other way around. Cyborg does not have better striking skills than Holm, no Women's MMA fighter does.  Holm is the standard to what the pinnacle of striking would be for a female fighter in the UFC.  That is mainly because Holm is one of the greatest women boxers of all time, so she should be. 

Edited by Majesty, July 12, 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#1273 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,223 posts

Posted July 13, 2016 - 07:25 AM

To each his own Lol

That's boxing this is mma two different animals. And I never said striking skills I already know who's the better boxer you don't need to give me a history lesson it's obvious. The funny thing is in mma it's more than just boxing. Cris is a far better Muay Thai, BBJ, wrestler, submissions, and may be even kickboxer too just seeing what she could to with Barrs in that match. And her boxing is no slouch either. Very technical striker and counterpuncher too. Of course not better than holm but great at it too. it's what separates them both apart from other opponents. Her skills is up to bar and better than Holm. You have to understand that coming into this match everyone said Holm wasn't ready hell even I said she wasn't ready. She needs more experience in the cage. Cris has 10 times the experience that she does so yes image what Cris can do with Ronda when she got destroyed by Holm.

And Ali would love a word with you about the women's goat comment. Wolfe to me is goat tho.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, July 13, 2016 - 07:50 AM.

#1274 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts

Posted August 16, 2016 - 03:16 PM

Looks like the USADA eff'd up "Bones" Jones test and he may be innocent... 

He may be re-instated soon. 

They deserved to be sued if this is the case. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#1275 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,745 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 12, 2016 - 04:43 AM

Dana White said that Punks next fight should not be in the UFC...

#1276 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,254 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 08:50 AM

Dana White said that Punks next fight should not be in the UFC...

Essentially expected that Punk would get done like noobs in MMA training get done by their teachers on their first months of training. 

They're taken down, put in the crucifix and humbled.   Precisely what happened to Punk and he reacted like an MMA noob.  Despite 2 years of training he has no clue how to get out of that position or prevent it.  You'd think that they'd have trained him to prepare for a Jiu Jitsu guy.  But nope. 

Punk should have been fighting people like that Hershel Walker was fighting or Kimbo Slice came in fighting.   They put him in against a young lion, jiu Jitsu brown belt with power. 

If they were gonna do this, they'd have been better served putting him in against a guy that was coming off a long layoff or was known for standing.  Especially if Punk wasn't gonna have an amateur bouts. 

But they didn't, they saw Gall as "well its just his 3rd fight, what could go wrong" lol.  

Both Kimbo and Walker had more success coming into MMA than Punk, cause they were matched accordingly.  Punk was matched as if he had been doing MMA for 5-6 years and was just turning professional.  

Wrong move. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users