Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 16, 2015 - 03:37 PM

2 more things.

Ronda was already gassed after the 1st round. Her conditioning wasn't what it should have been for a 5 round title fight.

Ronda's already opened up as the favorite in the rematch.

Every time Ronda went in for a strike, Holly either caught her as well, or Holly caught her first and Ronda's strike was stopped. It was crazy to see just how precise Holly was.
  • MAMBA24ILL likes this

#1242 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,537 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2015 - 10:44 AM

Nice to see Rousey got herself beaten. It's like those "bully get's owned" videos you see on youtube. Ronda was a bully that didn't respect her opponent and she lost.

The theory that she would beat Floyd Mayweather took quite a hit imo.

• MAMBA24ILL and Majesty like this

#1243 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted November 19, 2015 - 01:07 PM

RIP DC

11062013_815968098513403_645152809892963

gifninja-1.gif

#1244 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 19, 2015 - 05:10 PM

He may still be rusty.  DC is no slouch.   But daaaang. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1245 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 01:08 PM

DC got washed in their 1st fight. Can't imagine what a stronger, more focused Jon Jones will do in the rematch. 

gifninja-1.gif

#1246 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 04:13 PM

Gotta remember how long he's been off and mind hasn't been on fighting.  DC may have been washed the first time around but a lot of what makes a fighter great is never slipping and staying engaged on training and timing and ultimate dedication.  For a while Jones hasn't been able to focus on those things and he will be rusty, and DC may surprise him if he's not on his A game.   Which may take some time to get back around to.  

So I wouldn't see it as a for sure conclusion, as Jones hasn't been active and his timing probably isn't what it was when he was training literally all the time.  So it may take him some time to come around and DC could take advantage of that. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1247 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted December 11, 2015 - 12:27 PM

^ Too many "if's" bro. Jones was all over the place prior to getting stripped & suspended. 

gifninja-1.gif

#1248 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted December 11, 2015 - 12:28 PM

Great card tomorrow night!!

021034_194_GenericEblastHeader.jpgAldo-vs-Mcgregor.png

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, December 11, 2015 - 12:31 PM.

• Game and Majesty like this

gifninja-1.gif

#1249 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted December 11, 2015 - 03:37 PM

hyped!!!!

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#1250 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted December 11, 2015 - 03:51 PM

So ready for this

#1251 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 02:11 AM

What happens to the UFC is Aldo wrecks McGregor inside of one round? 

#1252 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 02:37 PM

Floyd+mayweather+and+holly+holm_776c53_5

#1253 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 02:42 PM

Sounds humbled a bit by it, of course she's also a crazy competitor that probably hates to lose.  But I also think it has to do with the fact that it's 4 am and she hasn't been sleeping much.  

Anyway, glad she's keeping all of her promises and still going to see her fans, attend Marine Corps etc.  Wish her the best regardless of what she may have done/said/acted.  I am fully aware she was selling herself and it worked.  Can't hate on that. She main evented the biggest UFC event in history that was the biggest event because of her, so I can't hate that her marketing worked and she had the skills to back it up before the sport at the womens level started evolving, the sport evolves and change happens and champions of the past find themselves a few steps behind, just like it did at the men's level when Anderson Silva showed up and BJ Penn before him.  

• Game likes this

#1254 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 01:00 AM

Well that was quick.   

Conor backed it up and then some. 

UFC needed that after what happened to Rousey.  I fully expect them to build up Conor even harder than before.  He's their next "star" as long as he doesn't lose. 

#1255 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 06:20 AM

Damn knew Conor got in Aldo's head and was going to win but not that early. Been telling people Conor is the truth.

#1256 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted December 14, 2015 - 11:58 AM

I don't think Conor was in Aldo's head. He simply landed first & precise. Was going for Aldo & hate we didn't see a war. If Rousey's getting a rematch, Aldo should too. Sucks cause Frankie Edgar is gonna have to wait now. 

Glad Weidman got wrecked. Dude got his arse kicked. Didn't think Luke would do him that bad. Yoel Romero & Rockhold should be a good one. Chris Weidman don't deserve a rematch IMO. 

gifninja-1.gif

#1257 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted December 14, 2015 - 12:32 PM

He was def in his head even in the first fight he was getting into Aldo's head to make him respond they the way he did.

#1258 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,117 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 14, 2015 - 03:13 PM

Sorry, I'm a huge McGregor fan but by no means was he in Aldo's head... Jose Aldo has been doing this for way to long to let anyone (regardless of who it is) faze him, especially when he's held the thrown for essentially a decade...

I too was expecting and hoping for a war, but nonetheless, atleast it was a more impressive 13 seconds than all 12 rounds of that garbage Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight.

Weidman is a joke, all 7 of his previous fights never impressed me, despite being the single guy to defeat and knockout Anderson Silva.  Luke will likely hold that title for awhile and although I don't really like him either, he's got some great tools, just don't know if his chin can hold up against Yoel.

A part of me wants to see McGgregor move up in weight, but even then, I think he demolishes the all the Lightweights.  If a guy as average as Cerrone can constantly fight every other week and regain his shot at the title, it's clear that the division is very very weak.  I'd much rather see a rematch of McGregor vs. Aldo or McGregor vs. Edgar than any other bought at the moment.  Every other division in the UFC is bland atm.

#1259 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts

Posted December 14, 2015 - 05:09 PM

I'm a huge fan of both so doesnt hold any weight. IMO McGregor was def in Aldo's head lil and [expletive]ing with him the whole time before the fight. But anyway he deserves a rematch. I always thought Weidman was all hyped and wasn't really good to me.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 14, 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#1260 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 12:54 PM

Nope, not in Aldo's head. It was the media getting into the viewers heads making them think that. 

Now there's talk of Conor moving up & fighting for the LW title in the spring & then defending the featherweight strap a lil later. That's BS! Before if someone wanted to fight for another weight class belt they'd have to vacate the belt they currently held. I doubt Dana will make Conor do that. All that does is put the division on hold & ties up the belt. 

I hated Chris since he KO'd Silva. Wasn't much a Luke fan but the dude might have the most weapons since Anderson. 

gifninja-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users