#2221 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:10 AM

Shannon is also more likely to be inserted in the game because he can still have an effect on the crowd. Even though he didn't play well in the past two games, Shannon is more likely to dunk the ball then Sasha which of course will make the audience more likely to jump out of their seats. Playing at home is supposed to be an advantage, and the crowd will sometimes not be into it. Sasha can still make the crowd excited except for him he's not going to go in for a dunk or make a spectacular play. The only thing that will get them excited is when he his a three, especially at a critical moment.

It's also been shown that Shannon can play better with the starters than Sasha has shown so far. If the bench is all out there at once, they'll look like [expletive], but with some of the starters in the game at the same time, the play is usually better. When Sasha is inserted with the starters, he's more likely to foul, pass up a good look, or take a shot. Sasha handles the ball at times but I personally think he should just be spotting up and taking wide open shots only.

Well, what you said 1st is probably the #1 reason why so many fans are high on him.

Shannon has done well with the starters and sometimes looks like he could start in place of Fisher, Im not blind to it. I wont tell you Shannon sucks at everything as many fans want me to say. haha. And when Sasha is with the starters, Sasha does exactly the 2nd thing you said, he wont shoot. In garbage time, he's basically like "[expletive] it, why does it matter?" and just shooting random [expletive]. But when the games on the line, he isnt as aggressive, something that last year, he was sometimes too much of.

I remember Real Deal pointing out last year that he had waaay too much confidence, and that was why he shot so much and tried to do things he didnt have to, when his role was to just shoot. Then he fell into what he is now, a zero confidence player fighting for a role he once safely had. Ive always enjoyed drama like that though, a player who once had all the fans loving him, then losing them, and having to fight back for them. Hopefully it ends the way I, and hopefully many other fans, want...
Posted Image

#2222 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:17 AM

Well, what you said 1st is probably the #1 reason why so many fans are high on him.

Shannon has done well with the starters and sometimes looks like he could start in place of Fisher, Im not blind to it. I wont tell you Shannon sucks at everything as many fans want me to say. haha. And when Sasha is with the starters, Sasha does exactly the 2nd thing you said, he wont shoot. In garbage time, he's basically like "[expletive] it, why does it matter?" and just shooting random [expletive]. But when the games on the line, he isnt as aggressive, something that last year, he was sometimes too much of.

I remember Real Deal pointing out last year that he had waaay too much confidence, and that was why he shot so much and tried to do things he didnt have to, when his role was to just shoot. Then he fell into what he is now, a zero confidence player fighting for a role he once safely had. Ive always enjoyed drama like that though, a player who once had all the fans loving him, then losing them, and having to fight back for them. Hopefully it ends the way I, and hopefully many other fans, want...

Well I personally don't hate on our players because I want them to do well. I will say which player is playing like [expletive] or who needs to do better. His shooting is all mental now because I don't believe anything else has changed with his form or what not. Sometimes he takes those off-balanced shots which he shouldn't be. Usually Sasha takes three-pointers but maybe if he can get open around the midrange area then he should try his luck there. The shot is closer so it should be a higher percentage shot for him. I know he can shoot free throws, so he should be able to make shots around that area. I don't know if it's in Phil Jackson's game plan or whatever, but it shouldn't be too hard for Sasha to figure out something to increase his field goal percentage. Maybe if he demonstrates this in garbage time, he'll get more minutes in the regular rotation. But as I said, it's all on Sasha.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#2223 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted December 06, 2009 - 05:18 PM

To me, it felt like the only time this season that he had not played in garbage time. Its been a painful year so far. I mean, I come on this thread and it's stuff like 'he sucks', but he hasnt even had time to suck with the playing time he's gotten.

:laughing: PURE GOLD!!! :laughing:

+1

Man you were missed Hays.

#2224 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• Banned
  • 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 07, 2009 - 07:37 PM

Sasha could play with the starters, nbecause he is a pretty good passer. He plays okay D on pgs, and he knows when to give the ball to Kobe or Pau, unlike some players
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#2225 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 07, 2009 - 09:27 PM

Sasha did not attempt any three-pointers in 4 out of the total 72 games he played.

Posted Image

Sasha attempted a three-pointer in every game he played.

Posted Image

Sasha did not attempt any three-pointers in 6 out of the total 80 games he played.

Posted Image

Sasha did not attempt any three-pointers in 4 out of the total 23 games he played.

Posted Image

Note - games where no three-pointer was attempted were not recorded.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#2226 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2009 - 10:16 PM

He now has to find a median. You won't be a good player having zero confidence in your shot, and you have no business shooting if you're an eighth or ninth man in the rotation with too much confidence in your shot.

A great example of this is Von Wafer. In Los Angeles, he didn't have much confidence. He was playing with the best player in basketball, and when he did wrong, he was chewed out by him and Phil Jackson. When you're under that pressure, you don't have much time to screw around, because they demand excellence.

However, when Wafer when to Houston and got the start for an injured McGrady, he had the green light to shoot. He took that role and played well for a bit, loved being that go-to guy sometimes, and felt as if he was Yao's best teammate...but at one point, overconfidence struck, and it shot him down quickly. He became a liability, Houston regretted that decision to play him so much, and look where he's at now.

Keep in mind that this was the same Von Wafer that a few Lakers fans called a poor man's Ray Allen. Sasha Vujacic had scouts saying he was going to be an excellent spot-up shooter in the league. Lots of pressure, and that's probably what these two guys can't handle the most.

The NBA is half mental, half physical. Vujacic isn't physically gifted to play the game as much as LeBron, all the way down to Peja Stojakovic, but the league seems to be too demanding of mental capabilities that he's not able to maintain through an 82-game season, and that's what could turn him into an NBA journeyman his entire career, or worse.

#2227 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2009 - 10:40 PM

well said real

Posted Image

#2228 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:00 AM

Sasha was awesome tonight. That 3 he hit was HUGE!!!

Good job Sasha. :rock:

#2229 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:21 AM

:clap2:

Sasha with the energy boost.

#2230 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted December 10, 2009 - 10:36 AM

finally but im not going to dwell on this to much

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#2231 Matt93'

Matt93'

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:1995!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 10, 2009 - 11:56 AM

Agreed sasha Shot last night was a big energy booster gj keep it up! :rock:

#2232 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,906 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:01 PM

I don't know if some of you guys read the Lakers Blog on LA Times, but the K-Bros did a nice summation of Sasha's effort on the court last night. Production wise he didn't give us a lot of numbers, but he played a good role in that stretch of minutes that he played

-Sasha Vujacic: He doesn't often get the chance to pop up in this section. Or any section, really, considering how drastically his PT has been slashed. And judging the stat line alone, it's not readily apparent why The Machine would land here. 3/1/1, albeit with a pair of steals. But when you consider the issues that cost Sasha his spot in the rotation, the way he conducted himself during meaningful minutes (more or less his first six) bears mention.

Getting a surprise nod with about three minutes left in the third and the Utah's lead chipped down to a tie, Vujacic didn't let the tense atmosphere translate into anxious play. Instead of frantic defense that often results in dumb fouls, he created two turnovers via quick, controlled mitts and stuck with CJ Miles on a drive to the rack, forcing a miss. Even more impressive, he only took one shot, a three pointer drilled in rhythm. That extended the Laker lead to a lucky seven and prompted Jerry Sloan to call time out. Kobe took Sasha's place when the action commenced, but not before Sasha was able to make relatively few minutes matter, never an easy proposition for Vujacic.

I hope Sasha truly understands why this stint was successful. The Achilles Heel during his entire Laker career has been a maddening habit of trying to cram fifteen minutes of stats into five minutes of burn, which typically resulted in forced (and sometimes selfish) shots and a perpetual habit of confusing activity for achievement. Tonight, we saw Sasha do what's been asked and often resisted: Allowing the game to just come to him without worrying about "producing" his way into a bigger role. This could be a stepping stone towards getting back in Jackson's good graces. I'm not suggesting tonight landed him back in the rotation. I'm very confident Friday's game plan against the Wolves will involve the same eight-man crew. But during an important time, Phil offered Sasha the chance to earn trust, and the guard didn't disappoint. That should mean something to both parties.

source:http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/12/lakers-101-utah-77-lakers-win-10-consecutive-games.html#more
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#2233 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*
  • Guests

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:06 PM

^ The Kamenetzky Brothers are great. Always love what they have to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apmWWeMBKXs&feature=channel

#2234 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted December 10, 2009 - 12:14 PM

who r they

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#2235 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• Banned
  • 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted December 11, 2009 - 05:12 PM

If Sasha hits a few of those this season, thats even a greater reason to pick us to repeat.If not, it wont hurt much

Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#2236 Guest_Tiger Woods_*

Guest_Tiger Woods_*
  • Guests

Posted December 17, 2009 - 01:52 AM

Good to see Sasha out there last night again. He gave us some positive minutes.

#2237 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,906 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 17, 2009 - 09:29 AM

who r they

The K brothers are writers for the LA times. They have their own Lakers blog http://lakersblog.latimes.com/. They are a very reliable source of Lakers info because they are actually allowed in the Lakers room after games, they interview the players during practice sessions, they interview Phil after games, and they are part of the general sports writer media.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#2238 Guest_Tiger Woods_*

Guest_Tiger Woods_*
  • Guests

Posted February 18, 2010 - 11:32 PM

you sick bastard! i wonder how Hays felt about sasha getting injured

Oh Hays is absolutely depressed right now. No question about it.

In fact, as good Samaritans, we oughta' pray for the poor guy.

#2239 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted April 14, 2010 - 11:43 PM

Oh Hays is absolutely depressed right now. No question about it.

In fact, as good Samaritans, we oughta' pray for the poor guy.

Nah, I was more frustrated. And honestly, as soon as I heard, I knew the fans would have all their negative [expletive] ready.
Posted Image

#2240 KarlTowns4President

KarlTowns4President

-

• 3,931 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 11:56 PM

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users