Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 22, 2014 - 08:47 PM

Mack will be a beast.

#1463 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 29, 2014 - 11:41 AM

Raiders looked really good last night against the Seahawks. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1464 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,279 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted August 29, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Carr or Schaub? Who do you with week 1

#1465 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Intelligence says Carr.

Because of this they'll likely start Schaub -_-

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1466 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 03:58 PM

They should start Schaub. I don't want Carr's career wrecked after his first season. Keep the dude as a back up, but give him is reps. I don't want to see this dude start as a rookie with one if the worst OL units in the league protecting him. That's exactly how is brother got [expletive]ed up. Much rather let this year go and draft a top tackle and WR.
  • RobBlake likes this

#1467 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 02, 2014 - 04:26 PM

They should start Schaub. I don't want Carr's career wrecked after his first season. Keep the dude as a back up, but give him is reps. I don't want to see this dude start as a rookie with one if the worst OL units in the league protecting him. That's exactly how is brother got [expletive]ed up. Much rather let this year go and draft a top tackle and WR.

I think it says more about Schaub than anything else. Someday it'll all come out.

I'm looking forward to seeing Carr. He looks like a gamer.

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#1468 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 03, 2014 - 03:12 AM

I've really been wanting to get into the NFL for a while, never been able to choose a team to follow though. Any advice? I know this is a Raiders thread and there's rumors about them moving to LA which would make it pretty easy to follow the LA basketball team and football team haha.

#1469 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,279 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 09:12 AM

There's a few spots on the O-line that concern me like Barnes at RT and Penn opposite at LT but wisniewski, Howard and now the addition of gabe Jackson at LG gives me some hope that it will be good enough to give Carr some time to throw and maybe help create some holes for jones drew and McFadden to run through. Our receivers/tight ends scare me though, way too inconsistent for us to have success. There's definitely talent there but it's not been consistent enough for me to believe we're gonna have a steady passing game.

#1470 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted September 03, 2014 - 12:36 PM

I've really been wanting to get into the NFL for a while, never been able to choose a team to follow though. Any advice? I know this is a Raiders thread and there's rumors about them moving to LA which would make it pretty easy to follow the LA basketball team and football team haha.

Well, you can look up the history of some teams.. you can look at top players and find who you can find interest in and form a liking for his team..whatever you do.. do not like the seahags lol

• L4K likes this

ap1.png

#1471 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,233 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 03, 2014 - 05:27 PM

Did you watch Schaub during the preseason? He looked far worse than the other 2 QBs. I question whether he can even be a back-up at this point. He looked completely lost. He had very little force behind his throws and looked lost in the pocket.

I do have concerns about the O-Line. But, that's part of having being a QB. He's going to have to learn to move around if the O-line can't consistently defend against the pass rush. To his credit, he's looked good at moving around in the pocket to avoid pass rushers so far in the pocket. It's just preseason, but that's the only thing we judge him on right now

And, the Raiders aren't going to improve the O-line heavily even if they draft O-Line early in the draft next year. How often are rookie O-linemen ready to help right away? Greg Robinson is a back-up for the Rams right now, and he was one of the most hyped O-linemen in years.

But even if he didn't seem ready yet, the Raiders would be better off going to McGloin than Schaub.

Edited by Japago, September 03, 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#1472 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:22 PM

Seems like they'll start Carr. 

#1473 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,233 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 11:09 PM

Seems like they'll start Carr. 

Dennis Allen confirmed it already.

When he talked about it to the media, he said to not look at it as an indictment on Schaub. But, I do believe his struggles this preseason are a large part of him getting benched for Carr. Allen really hyped up Schaub during the off-season, calling him a top 10 quarterback. If he thought he was that good, I can't imagine the original plan was for Carr to start right away.

• Majesty likes this

#1474 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 02:59 PM

Did you watch Schaub during the preseason? He looked far worse than the other 2 QBs. I question whether he can even be a back-up at this point. He looked completely lost. He had very little force behind his throws and looked lost in the pocket.

I do have concerns about the O-Line. But, that's part of having being a QB. He's going to have to learn to move around if the O-line can't consistently defend against the pass rush. To his credit, he's looked good at moving around in the pocket to avoid pass rushers so far in the pocket. It's just preseason, but that's the only thing we judge him on right now

And, the Raiders aren't going to improve the O-line heavily even if they draft O-Line early in the draft next year. How often are rookie O-linemen ready to help right away? Greg Robinson is a back-up for the Rams right now, and he was one of the most hyped O-linemen in years.

But even if he didn't seem ready yet, the Raiders would be better off going to McGloin than Schaub.

Yes, Schuab was ass lol. Carr is clearly the most talented QB we drafted the past 2 decades, those 2 points are undeniable. And that's exactly why we should protect him. Jake Mathews is starting homeboy. We're a tackle short from being a pretty decent line. Slot Barnes to LG, move Penn to Rt and we have something. I'm from Bakersfeild and we love out boys. David Carr's career never had the opportunity to begin, because his line was able to keep him upright. Let's not make the same mistake with the brother. Keep him on the bench and let's see if the veteran is a gamer once the regular season starts. If Schuab still shows no improvement, than maybe put Carr in there.

#1475 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,233 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:16 PM

Yes, Schuab was ass lol. Carr is clearly the most talented QB we drafted the past 2 decades, those 2 points are undeniable. And that's exactly why we should protect him. Jake Mathews is starting homeboy. We're a tackle short from being a pretty decent line. Slot Barnes to LG, move Penn to Rt and we have something. I'm from Bakersfeild and we love out boys. David Carr's career never had the opportunity to begin, because his line was able to keep him upright. Let's not make the same mistake with the brother. Keep him on the bench and let's see if the veteran is a gamer once the regular season starts. If Schuab still shows no improvement, than maybe put Carr in there.

I don't think they can play Schaub at all. He looked that bad. McGloin should be the guy if Carr struggles. I think it's telling when a veteran QB struggles that badly during the preseason.

I don't think it will be nearly as bad as David Carr in Houston. That was an expansion team. I don't remember David, but maybe he wasn't ready at that point.

They are taking a risk by playing him so soon. But, maybe he can respond to the challenge. I like rookie QBs playing early. I don't think they can learn more from the sideline than actually playing in games.

Edited by Japago, September 04, 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#1476 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,279 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 04:50 PM

I don't think they can play Schaub at all. He looked that bad. McGloin should be the guy if Carr struggles. I think it's telling when a veteran QB struggles that badly during the preseason.

I don't think it will be nearly as bad as David Carr in Houston. That was an expansion team. I don't remember David, but maybe he wasn't ready at that point.

They are taking a risk by playing him so soon. But, maybe he can respond to the challenge. I like rookie QBs playing early. I don't think they can learn more from the sideline than actually playing in games.

it was "reported" tha Carr had already known most if not all of the play book by the time he came into camp and that he's always studying and in the film room, I think we MAY have found our QB if what he showed against Seattle translates into the season.

#1477 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 08:50 PM

i have seen carr live in person many times, played for my hometown college team and without a doubt i feel he will be successful in the nfl. 

derek-carr-deep-pass-a.gif?w=500

hes not scared to go deep fellas.

IM a niner fan, but i will be rootin for the raiders. DC is a GREAT guy. 

• Majesty likes this

ap1.png

#1478 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 11:23 PM

You guys think mjd can bounce back and have a solid season? Took a late chance in fantasy.

#1479 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 09:50 AM

You guys think mjd can bounce back and have a solid season? Took a late chance in fantasy.

People are saying he's looking good.. i'd def keep him on W/R bench

ap1.png

#1480 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,540 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 10:57 AM

People are saying he's looking good.. i'd def keep him on W/R bench

That's the plan. My Rb are weak. Alfred Morris, Reggie Bush, Tate, MJD and Sproles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users