He may be a bad dancer, as we saw on Dancing with the Stars, but few can compete with Ron Artest (Metta World Peace) on the charity front.
World Peace continued spreading his wealth on Wednesday by donating $285,000 to mental health charities across America.
According to the LA Times, World Peace briefly discussed his own struggles with mental health:
“When I was a kid, I did see a counselor. My mom helped me out, she realized I was having problems when I was 13 years old. She realized I was going through a lot. We have a big problem right here in America with mental health, from little boys not understanding what it takes to be a good dad or be a good older brother or a role model — to violence.”
Here are the different charities World Peace donated to:
- $65,000 to Steinway Child and Family Services in Queens, New York
- $55,000 to Child Center of New York
- $50,000 to Centers for Youth and Families in Little Rock, Arkansas
- $40,000 to Indiana Community Health Network in Indianapolis
- $37,500 to Cleveland Christian Home in Cleveland
- $37,500 to Centerstone of Central Tennessee in Nashville