Phil Jackson began addressing local media from L.A.’s practice facility at 2 p.m. Pacific today. Mike Trudell, The official Lakers reporter, has been tweeting updates. We’ll update them on here for you as well!
The following updates are provided by Mike Trudell:
- Phil Jackson’s first comment regarding training camp involved making the transition for Ron Artest “seamless.”
– On Rambis: “I’ll have to spend more time working with the big guys, and the staff will have to take on the defensive responsibility.”
– Jackson said he is going to Lamar Odom’s wedding. “I’m very supportive of Lamar and want everything to go right for him.”
– Jackson said he wants to keep Fisher playing between 22 and 28 minutes in the regular season to save him for critical (playoff) moments.
– Jackson said that he is personally feeling very well from a physical standpoint.
– Phil agreed that the frontcourt 4-some of Bynum-Gasol-Odom-Artest is easily the most talented he’s had. Cited 2000 Blazers as previous best.
For a more detailed report, check out the official LakersBasketBlog!
Also, you can watch the entire presser here on CBS2.com!