The Zen Master recently assigned reading to his players. Jeanie Buss tweeted which books he sent out!
O.C. Register: So here’s a lineup of books Phil Jackson handed out to the players to read while on their two-week trip.
1) Kobe Bryant: “Montana 1948″ by Larry Watson
- 2) Derek Fisher: “Soul on Ice” by Eldridge Cleaver
3) Pau Gasol: “2666″ by Roberto Bolano
4) Lamar Odom: “The Right Mistake” by Walter Mosley (one of Jackson’s favorite authors, says Buss)
5) Ron Artest: “Sacred Hoops” by Phil Jackson* (Buss noted that Jackson likes his new players to become more familiar with his philosophies as laid out in his book)
6) Andrew Bynum: “Six Easy Pieces” by Walter Mosley
7) Jordan Farmar: “Makes Me Wanna Holler” by Nahan McCall
8) Shannon Brown: “Dreams from My Father” by Barack Obama
9) Luke Walton: “The Monkey Wrench Gang” by Edward Abbey
10) Josh Powell: “The Souls of Black Folk” by W.E.B. Du Bois
11) Sasha Vujacic: “Reservation Blues” by Sherman Alexie
12) D.J. Mbenga: “Monster: the Autobiography of an LA Gang Member” by Sanyika Shakur (Author), Monster Kody Scott (Contributor)
13) Adam Morrison: “Che” – Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon – a Graphic Biography of Che Guevara