Kobe is the MVP. He’s been able to take over games against the leagues best defenders and teams, while leading his team to the best record in the league; much without their defensive anchor in Andrew Bynum.
As they clinched the Pacific Division title last night, fans sat down and analyzed the success of this team. Check some of this out:
- 36-9 before Bynum went down (.800 win % before)
- 16-4 after Bynum went down ( .800 win % after)
- 17 remaining games
- Lakers swept the season series on both the Cavs & Celtics
- Bynum has begun running again
- The Lakers are on pace for the leagues best record and last night, Kobe earned some deep respect from coach Popovich.
So this proves the Lakers can be flexible. They can adapt. Bynum coming back will bring us the anchor in the middle which will mean… well, game over for the rest of the league. Keep it up Lakers, your nation is behind you!