Recently there has been a lot of criticism out there on Kobe Bryant’s play. A lot have pegged him as having a “bad” NBA Finals. Yet I thought I should point out a few things…
- Kobe is averaging 30/8 in these finals; something only West and Jordan have done before.
- Kobe’s numbers are better than “the best player on earth‘s” Paul Peirce’s from last NBA Finals (21.8 points, 6.3 assists and 4.5 rebounds on 43% shooting).
- Kobe is averaging (33/8/5.5 on 43% shooting, so far).
- 8 Assists in 6 straight playoff games has been done by one other Laker – Magic Johnson.
- 5.5 boards in the Finals isn’t bad either for a Shooting Guard.