This is interesting news. According to spanish newspaper MARCA, Jorge Garbajosa (ex-Toronto Raptors, PF) has an offer from the Lakers. However, the biggest piece of info is the talk of moving Odom or Radmanovic. If true, the Lakers are looking to make a big trade involving Rad, Odom or both:
- UPDATE: Pau: “I would like to take Garbajosa in Los Angeles.” Jorge is a great player, he reads the game like few others and is one of those players who makes any team better. We would be well able to count on a player like him. ”
- UPDATE: Garbajosa’s agents have been contacted by the Lakers, he is almost completely recovered from his injury and that he would be the replacement for Turiaf. Asked what he thought about the Lakers’ interest, Jorge said: “I’m flattered. The Lakers are one of those teams that any player would want to play for and the fact that Pau is there is a further incentive.”
- Garbajosa said this about becoming a Laker: “Surely Pau has put a good word for me. I have no problem wearing gold”
- Garbajosa had a nasty ankle injury in which the Raptors terminated his contract for.
- According to this newspaper, Garbajosa will be signed in order to replace Lamar Odom or Vlade Radmanovic (that will be traded)?
- Garbajosa is a big PF perhaps to replace Turiaf. He’s big, can play defense and hit the 3-ball.
- No other information about salaries or whatsoever. Marca also says San Antonio is interested too.
- He will be joining Pau in the Olympics, they know eachothers games quite well.
Seems like there is definite interest on both sides! Let’s get it done! He’d be a secure backup for Turiaf (assuming we lose him to free agency).