#21 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,876 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 09, 2009 - 12:57 AM

I definitely give you that he's played far better than expected. Your points are well taken. The guy is giving it all he's got and at this point as a Clipper fan you have to be happy to see someone / anyone on this team do that (although Camby has played well too).

I hope for his sake that Dunleavy is well out of there soon so he can continue his development.

On a separate, lakerfool inspired, note, Mayo is the rookie of the year in my opinion so far. I know Rose will probably get it, but I think Mayo has shown the most so far.

#22 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 09, 2009 - 02:45 AM

I definitely give you that he's played far better than expected. Your points are well taken. The guy is giving it all he's got and at this point as a Clipper fan you have to be happy to see someone / anyone on this team do that (although Camby has played well too).

I hope for his sake that Dunleavy is well out of there soon so he can continue his development.

On a separate, lakerfool inspired, note, Mayo is the rookie of the year in my opinion so far. I know Rose will probably get it, but I think Mayo has shown the most so far.

Great post, definitely agree 100% we found a common ground.

I also believe Mayo should get it. And I also agree that Rose probably will instead. But Mayo is probably the most talented rookie and I think Miami will probably kick themselves for a long time to come.

On topic:

Poor Gordon, tonight, was murdered by the refs again me and LD2k were at my house laughing at the no calls... It was really really obvious, bias aside. I'm going to do highlights, I've already recorded many of the no calls and I'm going to make a compilation of them.

That being said, on an off, horrible game, Eric Gordon still managed 22 points. That's not half bad. His streak of 20+ in a row extends to 6. His streak of 30+ stopped at 2 =/ Hopefully he'll have another chance at that streak.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,876 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:06 AM

Ya know its gotta be frustrating being on a team like the Clippers.

We all know that the premiere teams tend to get more calls.

So not only are they fighting uphill from a talent standpoint, but also from a perception one and being a young player (which never bodes well for ref love) too. But it is NBA refs, bad and no-calls are now the norm for most teams. In the end, you can never blame a game on the refs entirely. if the Clippers weren't 75% injured, their chances may be a bit higher.

In that regard, I'm sure its beyond aggravating being on teams that get no respect despite the attitude or demanor of the team.

#24 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Yeah it really is. Your points were spot on.

Thanks for understanding fido :)
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#25 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2009 - 04:54 PM

Yeah, Gordon got pretty hammered. But even if he is a "rookie," it doesn't matter... hell, Kobe got hammered MUCH worse in the game in Golden State yet only got 1 FT attempt. I know you saw them calm because I showed you. :lol:

So at times, the "rookie" treatment is as bad as the "Kobe" treatment.

#26 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 05:32 PM

Lol it happens man. Here's something funny I found, Ramona interviewed Camby:

Camby sticks up for Gordon
By Ramona Shelburne on January 9, 2009 2:25 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | ShareThis

I meant to publish this the other day, but with all the stuff going on contract wise I held it for a lighter news day.

Anyway.

After the Pistons game on Sunday, I had a chat with Marcus Camby about rookie shooting guard Eric Gordon, who scored a then-career high 31 points against the Pistons, but took quite a pounding in doing it.

Camby, without much prompting really, thought a bunch more fouls should've been called on those plays, and took it upon himself to stick up for the quickly-budding rookie.

``I think Eric gets fouled a lot when he goes to the hole. I think the referees see how they see how big and aggressive he is, so he doesn't get the benefit of the whistle.

``Yeah it's a rookie thing. They may say it doesn't exist, but it exists. Hopefully as we go on through the season, he can start getting that respect and have it carry over year after year, because I know he's going to be in the league a long time.''

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users