31 replies to this topic

#21 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:25 AM

Kobe shouldn't have to compete with Lebron. Lebron's only weapon is an aging Z and mo williams

Kobe has Gasol and Bynum to pick up the scoring load. I'd rather have Kobe TRUST HIS TEAMMATES than win the scoring title.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#22 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:31 PM

Kobe shouldn't have to compete with Lebron. Lebron's only weapon is an aging Z and mo williams

Kobe has Gasol and Bynum to pick up the scoring load. I'd rather have Kobe TRUST HIS TEAMMATES than win the scoring title.

I don't know a Laker/Kobe fan that wouldn't love to see Kobe lead the league in scoring on arguably the best team in the league...

Something I hate when Kobe/Lebron are compared is when Lebron fans pull out random stats like scoring, rebounding, assists, etc. If Kobe was on the Cavs, he could average much bigger numbers then he does now. Haha sorry for going a little OT
Posted Image

#23 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 01:48 AM

I don't know a Laker/Kobe fan that wouldn't love to see Kobe lead the league in scoring on arguably the best team in the league...

Something I hate when Kobe/Lebron are compared is when Lebron fans pull out random stats like scoring, rebounding, assists, etc. If Kobe was on the Cavs, he could average much bigger numbers then he does now. Haha sorry for going a little OT

Kobe would get more assists/rebounds than Lebron? Nope. Not on any team.

#24 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 02:33 AM

Probably, but he didn't say that.

#25 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 03:05 AM

Probably, but he didn't say that.

Ah yea I just saw, he said Kobe would average better numbers on the Cavs than now on the Lakers. My bad, I also thought he was insinuating that Kobe would average better numbers than Lebron too.

#26 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 09, 2009 - 06:05 PM

i think Lebron has a plethora of weapons, he has his guards, boobie, mo and west, his shooters, sasha and wally, and he has defensive minded big men, I think Kobe and Phil would have taken Lebron's teammates a year and a half ago, and probably thrived with them, but I give Mike Brown and Lebron a lot of credit fro a leadership standpoint

i think that it is possible, especially the assists, but he cant dominate the ball in this offense, so we will never know
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#27 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 09, 2009 - 06:53 PM

i dont think we would ever know what kind of numbers kobe would get in a ball dominated offense
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#28 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted January 09, 2009 - 07:52 PM

i dont think we would ever know what kind of numbers kobe would get in a ball dominated offense

This is as close as we can get

Kobe in 41 games with Rudy as the coach: 27.6PPG 6.1 RPG 6.7APG

#29 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:47 PM

Exactly...In an offense where there is no triangle, and the ball usually revolves around your best player (see: Lebron, Cp3, Deron, DWade, etc), more assists are made, points scored, etc etc.
Posted Image

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,211 posts

Posted January 10, 2009 - 01:30 AM

that is what makes kobe and mj so great is they do it in equal opportunity systems.

i fully believe lebron will have one big thing on kobe and that is he will be considered the best player ever at his position which isn't kobes fault he just happens to play the same position as the GOAT
Posted Image

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,211 posts

Posted January 10, 2009 - 01:34 AM

i believe in the same system but with better players than what he had that year hes could put up 30ppg 6rpg 8apg

thats based on the fact to get assists he had to rely on lamar , chucky, and pre good player caron
Posted Image

#32 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 10, 2009 - 02:42 AM

WHo cares about stats it's all about one thing
Posted Image
Posted Image