Gomu Gomu

• 14,793 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Karma. Oh Well.
I could do with Lebron vs. Kobe

Same, I wouldn't mind a Kobe vs. LeBron showdown in the Finals. With us sweeping them 4-0.

#22 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 09:04 PM

The real question is, what isn't wrong with the Celtics?

There we go

Posted Image

#23 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted January 07, 2009 - 09:09 PM

They are just going through a rough stretch. Happens with every team in the NBA. But their bench has been exposed imo...they need to make a trade or sign some vet. Losing Posey and Brown killed their bench. Also Rondo is not producing like he did during their 19 game winning streak, people are pretty much daring him to shoot.

Edited by Nesquik, January 07, 2009 - 09:09 PM.

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#24 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 07, 2009 - 09:36 PM

don't know don't care.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#25 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 07, 2009 - 10:25 PM

1) they have no bench
2) they have no "real" backup to perkins, peirce, and kg
3) the big 3 are getting a little old in the tooth
4) the whole team is tired
5) other teams in the league took notice that they could beat them after the loss to us
6) the championship got to their heads

the list can go on and on ... most of what i said has been already said, i assuming other teams/players know this too
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#26 Ricky

Ricky

Like's The LC

• 545 posts
  • Name:Freaky D
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson

Posted January 07, 2009 - 10:32 PM

i think that the gayness of this athletic trainer has not only got Paul Pirce, but many more on the team, like...
Posted Image

#27 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 07, 2009 - 10:33 PM

i think that the gayness of this athletic trainer has not only got Paul Pirce, but many more on the team, like...
Posted Image

what if the foot the trainers holding was his own, lol
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 10:34 PM

Every team goes through a slump and this is Boston's. Lets hope they never snap out of it :)

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 07, 2009 - 10:56 PM

I LMAO'd when ESPN said that Rondo's slump was the cause of this. Uh Hello, you have 3 HOFers. It shouldn't make a difference if your PG is slumping.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:31 PM

I LMAO'd when ESPN said that Rondo's slump was the cause of this. Uh Hello, you have 3 HOFers. It shouldn't make a difference if your PG is slumping.

I disagree with you, but there's a reason for this.

After the Lakers beat them on Christmas, Doc decided to let Rajon run the offense a bit more. This was evident if you watched Boston right after that loss. Having League Pass, I've seen every game they've played since, minus the Sacramento game.

Well, with the playmaking duties on his shoulders even more, Rondo turned the ball over so much versus the Warriors, he decided to become a chucker. In the two wins that Boston has had since their loss to us, Rajon attempted a total of eleven shots. Look at their losses.

In those two wins, Beno Udrih and Mike James (starting PGs) played poorly. That's because Rondo could focus on defense.

In the losses, Felton and Augustin lit him up, for 25 and 20 points. Aaron Brooks did him bad tonight, scored 19. Steve Blake dropped 21 on him. Belinelli was being defended by Rajon a bit, and he dropped 22 on him, while Watson went 3/6 from the floor.

Because Ray Allen doesn't play defense, and Rajon is now having to focus more on offense, the Celtics' backcourt defense doesn't exist. They are missing Posey and PJ Brown, two guys who kept slashing guards out of the paint.

Watching Boston, you can figure them out really easily.

#31 lakerball4life

lakerball4life

Off The Bench

• 1,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:42 PM

I disagree with you, but there's a reason for this.

After the Lakers beat them on Christmas, Doc decided to let Rajon run the offense a bit more. This was evident if you watched Boston right after that loss. Having League Pass, I've seen every game they've played since, minus the Sacramento game.

Well, with the playmaking duties on his shoulders even more, Rondo turned the ball over so much versus the Warriors, he decided to become a chucker. In the two wins that Boston has had since their loss to us, Rajon attempted a total of eleven shots. Look at their losses.

In those two wins, Beno Udrih and Mike James (starting PGs) played poorly. That's because Rondo could focus on defense.

In the losses, Felton and Augustin lit him up, for 25 and 20 points. Aaron Brooks did him bad tonight, scored 19. Steve Blake dropped 21 on him. Belinelli was being defended by Rajon a bit, and he dropped 22 on him, while Watson went 3/6 from the floor.

Because Ray Allen doesn't play defense, and Rajon is now having to focus more on offense, the Celtics' backcourt defense doesn't exist. They are missing Posey and PJ Brown, two guys who kept slashing guards out of the paint.

Watching Boston, you can figure them out really easily.

great post. Hit the nail on the head.

What i love is with every game they lose down the stretch, the next opposition feels like the game is all the more winnable, and the demons come out for the celts. They will break out of the slump, but i sure am enjoying it while it lasts.
Posted Image

#32 shaodaddy

shaodaddy

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Fan Since:since moving to US in 91
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe, shaq, horry, LO

Posted January 08, 2009 - 02:26 AM

some players are saying boston does not like to be pushed back. i can see this now. if you look at individual players, none of the celtics are really tough. KG screams and yells, but when pushed back he'll run away. rondo, ray, pp are all weak. perkin looks mad, but i am not sold that he's tough. teams just have to punch them back and keep attacking them. boston will fold.

Edited by shaodaddy, January 08, 2009 - 02:27 AM.

#33 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2009 - 02:43 AM

Riding shotgun with Real Deal's points (which are more than valid), all of these losses have come from 2 or all 3 of these being used.

1) Make Rondo and Pierce shooters by taking 2 steps off of them and living with the results from distance. No breakdown of the D by Rondo and no slashing by Pierce keeps the Celtics a perimeter team, wiping out their strong inside play. In turn, your defense is rooted in the mid-range, killing any off-screen movement that Aleen may want to do. If Allen can't ge free from screens there's not enough time or room for him to get inside alongside the Celtics front court.

2) Take the initiative on physical play. If you come out as the physical pace setter, the Celtics will fall behind you. They have one gear of physicality due to their thinly talented bench in the front court. Take the first step as the aggressor inside and they get into scramble mode on D.

3) Teams with at least 2 6'10" to 7' presences in the middle will bury KG's effectiveness on the defensive end. They don't have anyone behind or alongside of KG that can play strong footed defense inside or on the high post. Run double posts and slash underneath them and KG, Perkins, Powe or Davis will have no way to help off the posts or recover from doubling the movement off-ball.

That's it.

Run 2 (or ideally) all 3 of those and its a win against the Celtics.

The Lakers exposed it on Christmas Day and other teams are following suit.

#34 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 08, 2009 - 05:03 AM

Well, force Rondo to be a shooter, so that he will get burned from defending PGs... He is a blackhole offensively, don't be fooled by his FG%... Minus finishing at the paint, his offensive game is colder than parts of Atlantica...

Posted Image
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#35 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:14 AM

They will be fine and ready in the postseason, they´ve showed they are a great team, great defensive team and every team has ups and downs in the regular season, you can´t play at 100% during six months...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#36 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,036 posts

Posted January 08, 2009 - 08:07 AM

I actually thought about the question out of nowhere this morning, and really...the answer to the WHATS WRONG WITH THE CELTICS question is:

Nothing is wrong at all. -_-

It pretty much sums everything up. :D

#37 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 08, 2009 - 06:05 PM

didnt ray allen say something about them struggling with some issue?

but anyway, i don't want any karma, so i just wont say anything. :shifty:
i am surprised by whats happening though.

#38 bumbeagle08

bumbeagle08

Rookie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name:Tasha
  • Fan Since:idk
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish, Kobe, Sasha, Farmar

Posted January 08, 2009 - 06:33 PM

didnt ray allen say something about them struggling with some issue?

but anyway, i don't want any karma, so i just wont say anything. :shifty:
i am surprised by whats happening though.

Yeah Ray Allen said they argue alot more than any other team he's played on so that could be the problem(solution to our victory) they just clearly dnt get along...
Signature too large. Regulation size is 468x140. Please re-size. Thanks! ~Magicmoment

#39 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:58 PM

#40 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント