• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2009 - 10:58 AM

This guy annoyed the crap out of me last night. He has all the skills to be a great player but whats holding him back is his constant flopping everytime someone touches him. I mean we have Fisher. But Fisher is not as bad as Chris Paul. CP is up there with D-Wade. Everytime he was touched last night, he would stare at the ref. Then he has the nerve to tell Fisher he flopped on one of the plays. I thought the NBA was going to do something about all the flopping. Apparently not.

Heres my favorite CP flopping moment:
Posted Image

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:07 AM

CP3 does get away with his share of flops, but more often than not, he's just REALLY good at creating contact with whoever is trying to guard him. I blame the refs for doing a horrible job officiating with all the touch fouls that got us into early foul trouble throughout the game; 37 FTs for the Hornets, 22 for us. That, and the fact that we lived and died by the three in the 4th quarter are what cost us the game.

#3 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:14 AM

This guy annoyed the crap out of me last night. He has all the skills to be a great player but whats holding him back is his constant flopping everytime someone touches him. I mean we have Fisher. But Fisher is not as bad as Chris Paul. CP is up there with D-Wade. Everytime he was touched last night, he would stare at the ref. Then he has the nerve to tell Fisher he flopped on one of the plays. I thought the NBA was going to do something about all the flopping. Apparently not.

Heres my favorite CP flopping moment:
Posted Image

lol..thats Oberto..not a semi truck..damn..
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#4 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:15 AM

yea, and so is derek fisher...haha, though i don't think i've ever seen fish be as dramatic as that GIF

Posted Image

#5 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:29 AM

Fish flops when it counts..cp3 just flops..its freaken annoying to watch.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2009 - 01:00 PM

Kobe settles for jumpers a lot and whines about what he feels are no-calls.

LeBron travels quite a bit, and misses free throws.

Wade flops and travels.

Paul flops and has trouble winning games without his shooters.

All four can be called out, and all four are the top players in the NBA.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 01:35 PM

CP3 does get away with his share of flops, but more often than not, he's just REALLY good at creating contact with whoever is trying to guard him. I blame the refs for doing a horrible job officiating with all the touch fouls that got us into early foul trouble throughout the game; 37 FTs for the Hornets, 22 for us. That, and the fact that we lived and died by the three in the 4th quarter are what cost us the game.

Oh most definitely, the attempted threes killed us. I pointed this out in another thread.

I was just fed up with Chris Paul last night.

Kobe does complain about calls. He does get hit quite a few times though. Last night he got hit on three straight 3 point makes, those are valid complaints.

Lebron travels, but many players get away with it, so cant just point out Lebron.

Wade just flops.

Im not trying to say other players shouldnt get criticized for aspects of their game. What I am saying is that the flopping is ridiculous out of some players.

Kobe creates a lot of contact too but I dont see him flipping into the second row during games ala Paul and Wade.

#8 Superstar Basketball

Superstar Basketball

Rookie

• 315 posts
  • Name:Commish
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 07, 2009 - 01:39 PM

yah but Kobe is one of the biggest verbal floppers out there.
AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Every time he drives to the basket.
AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

The great ones know how to create contact. That's all it is.
www.superstarbasketball.org
"Basketball isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle"
SEASON 14
BACK TO BASICS

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 07, 2009 - 01:41 PM

Guys, no offense, but that's not why we lost.

We can't make many excuses here for that loss tonight. By the way, Chris Paul CAN be a good player?

He had 32 points, 15 assists, 3 steals and NO TURNOVERS against the best team in the NBA right now. Not to mention he made a fiesty MVP run last year. Nothing is holding him back from being a great player, because he is already a phenomenal player.

Sometimes he needs to do stuff like that because he's a really small guard. He'll get no love otherwise. I just don't understand why the big guys flop sometimes.. When they can just man up and play.

Do you want to know why we lost? And this isn't a SportsCenter explanation. This explanation comes directly from me and my personal experiences... Actually LD2k was at my house watching the game with me last night and I was telling him this too:

103-99. That's the score. Now looking at that score, take a guess at how much time is left. I would guess like 2 minutes. Now sure, you can look up and see that there's SIX WHOLE MINUTES LEFT. But, when you see that score, something inside you tells you to hurry up and tie the game because it's almost over. Even if you know that you have a world of time.

That's just my opinion. Because I was telling him LAKERS CAN'T RUSH RIGHT NOW. They have to keep playing their game. And sure enough they had possessions where they would take 3 3's off offensive rebounds.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Guys, no offense, but that's not why we lost.

We can't make many excuses here for that loss tonight. By the way, Chris Paul CAN be a good player?

He had 32 points, 15 assists, 3 steals and NO TURNOVERS against the best team in the NBA right now. Not to mention he made a fiesty MVP run last year. Nothing is holding him back from being a great player, because he is already a phenomenal player.

Sometimes he needs to do stuff like that because he's a really small guard. He'll get no love otherwise. I just don't understand why the big guys flop sometimes.. When they can just man up and play.

Do you want to know why we lost? And this isn't a SportsCenter explanation. This explanation comes directly from me and my personal experiences... Actually LD2k was at my house watching the game with me last night and I was telling him this too:

103-99. That's the score. Now looking at that score, take a guess at how much time is left. I would guess like 2 minutes. Now sure, you can look up and see that there's SIX WHOLE MINUTES LEFT. But, when you see that score, something inside you tells you to hurry up and tie the game because it's almost over. Even if you know that you have a world of time.

That's just my opinion. Because I was telling him LAKERS CAN'T RUSH RIGHT NOW. They have to keep playing their game. And sure enough they had possessions where they would take 3 3's off offensive rebounds.

Hey Calm, Im not saying this is the reason. Im just pointing out he flops. Like Wade, Fisher, Ginobili, etc. I hate flopping. I cant stand it. It takes away from the game of basketball.

#11 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 07, 2009 - 02:05 PM

Oh okay. I wasn't sure what your intent was.

Nonetheless we gota live with it. Dirk flopped like 6 times last night because he wasn't man enough to battle Camby on the boards. It happens dude.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#12 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 07, 2009 - 02:52 PM

(ehh.. basically some of what I put in LT, since it flies here tambien..)

Chris Paul is actually still my 4th favorite player in the game (1. Kobe, 2. Rudy, 3. LeCrab), but only when he plays against us, I absolutely hate him.

You know the way KG has a lot of his own little antics/cheap stuff/cheap tricks he gets away with? Well, Mr. Paul does as well, probably not to the extent of KG, especially on the dirtiness/cheap shot level, but nonetheless, enough to help him out a lot and impact the game severely. I really wish the refs would study more film specifically of some of these stars and pick up on the crap they get away with.

#13 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:15 PM

Who gives a crap. You get the benefit of the doubt when you attack the rim.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#14 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:20 PM

yah but Kobe is one of the biggest verbal floppers out there.
AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Every time he drives to the basket.
AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

The great ones know how to create contact. That's all it is.

That's the best part. I do that all the time. :D

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:28 PM

weren't they supposed to fine people who flop?

http://sports.espn.g...e=ESPNHeadlines

Fines will be imposed for clear cases of flopping

The NBA announced to its teams this week at its annual pre-draft camp that fines will be imposed on players starting next season for clear cases of "flopping," ESPN.com has learned.

The league office has yet to determine exact fine amounts for offending flops and how fines might escalate for repeat offenders, but in-game arena observers and video reviewers will be instructed to report instances of theatrical flopping for potential punishment as part of postgame reports on officiating and other matters.

The league's pledge to crack down on flopping was conveyed to team representatives at Tuesday's competition committee meeting in Orlando.

NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson confirmed the new policy Wednesday night saying: "What was clearly expressed to the committee is that we would begin imposing fines next season for the most egregious type of flops. When players are taking a dive, for lack of a better term."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#16 Superstar Basketball

Superstar Basketball

Rookie

• 315 posts
  • Name:Commish
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:35 PM

That's the best part. I do that all the time. :D

LOL. same here. Everytime I drive into the lane and someone tries to get in my way, you'll hear it from me.
AYEEEEEEEEEE.

As far as Chris Paul staring down the refs... would you rather have that or someone who verbally abuses the refs? Would you rather have someone look at the ref, or someone like T-Mac who doesn't even are about the game?

CP3 is one of the best players in the league. Period. We lost, that's all it is. Next!
www.superstarbasketball.org
"Basketball isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle"
SEASON 14
BACK TO BASICS

#17 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:42 PM

LOL. same here. Everytime I drive into the lane and someone tries to get in my way, you'll hear it from me.
AYEEEEEEEEEE.

As far as Chris Paul staring down the refs... would you rather have that or someone who verbally abuses the refs? Would you rather have someone look at the ref, or someone like T-Mac who doesn't even are about the game?

CP3 is one of the best players in the league. Period. We lost, that's all it is. Next!

Yeh seriously. Even when I don't get touched or bumped or anything, I still do it. I guess it's a natural habit now. :lol:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#18 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:10 PM

how are you going to complain about chris paul when our team complains on almost every call that is made against us? are you watching the game or is just becuz its your fav. team so u let it slide? derek fish does the same damn thing when a call is made just stare at the ref like he didnt do as well as the flopping. and add kobe, pau, bynum, LO, and sasha to the complainers list becuz almost every call i see that is made on them they look at the ref like they didnt.

oh and did you not see the flopping by pau last night or what?

#19 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:35 PM

This guy annoyed the crap out of me last night. He has all the skills to be a great player but whats holding him back is his constant flopping everytime someone touches him.

Are you serious? That's really holding him back? He's not a great player yet?

:unsure:

#20 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,092 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 01, 2014 - 09:03 AM

he does flop too much

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users