The One Thing Phil Has Never Been Good At

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:46 PM

... is judging the extent of the momentum on either side.

#2 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:50 PM

:ph34r:

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:53 PM

^ I don't quite understand that, what's that supposed to mean? Do you agree or disagree?

#4 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:55 PM

Chicano, I'm actually impressed by the Hornets... these guys came out and fought HARD today.

They took a huge punch from us in the third quarter, but came out swingin' back in the 4th... not to mention they controlled the entire 1st half.

These guys can ball.

Of course they're not going to have David West go perfect scorin 40 every night against us while CP3 ends up with 30+ pts and 15+ asst... nonetheless, these guys played a SOLID SOLID game.

I think maybe the outcome would have been different if we fed Andrew the ball early in the game, and abuse the paint... :/

Didn't help Odom left with injury and Gasol was no where to be found...

#5 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:59 PM

:mellow:

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:00 PM

Of course man, I give the Hornets props too. They played a hell of a game, but now do they deserve all the credit? I wouldn't go that far. It was a combination of great defense by them, but also many of our players just not making the shots and too many of our guys totally bombing (struggling).

Just look at the boxscore, not that you have to if you watched the game of course, but outside of Kobe, LO was the only other Laker who showed up.

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:01 PM

for me..........................you shouldn't have
Posted Image

#8 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:04 PM

Of course man, I give the Hornets props too. They played a hell of a game, but now do they deserve all the credit? I wouldn't go that far. It was a combination of great defense by them, but also many of our players just not making the shots and too many of our guys totally bombing (struggling).

Just look at the boxscore, not that you have to if you watched the game of course, but outside of Kobe, LO was the only other Laker who showed up.

That's what I said man... I said Gasol was non existent today and Odom left early...

Andrew would have shined in a game like this last year... damnn... what happened to our Drew??? :unsure:

#9 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,641 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:05 PM

Chicano's right. We were up 99-94 when Kobe left the game. When he came back, we were down 100-99.

We never got into a good rhythm offensively after Kobe's return. No more drives to the basket.

The Hornets grabbed all the momentum while Kobe was out, and in addition to their offensive, they got more physical with us on defense.

Did you know we did not shoot a free throw the entire fourth quarter? In fact, the Hornets were only called for two fouls in the final period.

I know, I know, we took a lot of threes; but, when we drove, it was to no avail. Kobe got hacked a couple of times, and couldn't get his usual bail-outs.

We played poorly in the fourth quarter; but, we also didn't get any favors from anyone.

Edited by UKUGA, January 06, 2009 - 11:06 PM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:08 PM

phil took kobe out thinking momentum was enough on our side that the reserves could keep the lead 1 minute later 6-0 run
Posted Image

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:02 PM

^ yep, you guys judge basketball momentum better than Phil, and you know Kobe legs better than phil.
Let me say this to try to defend phil against your Phd in momentum, In a game late two years ago kobe had 40 or so through three, and went FRIGID in the fourth, no legs, he isnt going to allow that to happen again. I think Farmar, Luke and, odom could have gotten us the win, but Cp3 and D. West were awesome.
Props to great competitors
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users