72 replies to this topic

#61 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:47 PM

I'm not whining. I'm simply pointing out one of the biggest reasons for our loss last night and it was Pau Gasol's poor defense

just wanna throw this out there

this is what the 4th looked like for Kobe

Posted Image

he had to pass it out in the perimeter with the lane clogged

Did you see that horrendous shot selection when he was doubled? All this fade away GARBAGE has to stop.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#62 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:49 PM

Did you see that horrendous shot selection when he was doubled? All this fade away GARBAGE has to stop.

Now you guys are bagging on Kobe? No wonder people hate Laker fans and call the "Faker fans".

#63 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:50 PM

Now you guys are bagging on Kobe? No wonder people hate Laker fans and call the "Faker fans".

I bag on all of them. I'm not a hypocrite. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Pau played great defense, or that Kobe was 6/6 from the field in the 4th instead of 1/6, or that Bynum has gotten into foul trouble the last 5 games.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#64 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2009 - 05:53 PM

For once, I agree with lakerfool, Kobe's impossible shot selection has to stop. The Lakers are no longer a one-man show that needs him to chuck up whatever he can just to stay afloat. He needs to create more scoring opportunities for everyone, especially Bynum (spoonfeed him, dammit!), and the rest of the team needs to learn how to knock down open shots.

#65 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 06:02 PM

meh the next game is about to start, we lost to a good team anyways so im over last night

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#66 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 07, 2009 - 06:11 PM

meh the next game is about to start, we lost to a good team anyways so im over last night

No better medicine for a loss than a victory the next game. Let's kill the Warriors.

#67 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 07, 2009 - 06:50 PM

He forgot to mention that Fisher and Gasol are pathetic on defense.

Overreacting, we have won games like this...against Cp3...against deron williams...against steve nash and J-kidd, and Baron Davis, and almost everyone. The hornets are very talented and we arent as deep as we were to start the season, justifiable lost. Gasol shut down Dirk twice, thats not pathetic, Fisher had a game with 5 steals...far from pathetic.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#68 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 06:57 PM

i swear, evryone who has harsh criticism, and by harsh i mean the guys who SOUND like idiots, MUST HAVE EXPECTED THE LAKERS TO sweep THE HORNETS( A TEAM THAT WAS PICKED by some to win a title), AND THATS UNREALISTIC. This lakers team is nothing more than a title contender, they arent guaranteed to win the championship, they arent guaranteed to make the finals, and certainly they arent expected to win or sweep every single season series. How fickle, i seen people who called Pau the most consistent laker blast him, after a bad game, and I seen people say Kobe did something wrong last night, did u watch the game or did u want ur fav team to win so bad that it blinds all logic? either way, how can u enjoy the success if you are always so critical?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#69 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:15 PM

This is why others dislike Laker fans. We act entitled and at times can be very unrealistic about our expectations. Kobe isn't Superman. He has only so much energy. He was 14-22 from the field, including some shots that others would think are impossible to make, but that he makes look easy, and scored 39 points. The rest of the team just happened to have a bad game because the Hornets treated it like a playoff game and we didn't. It was one meaningless regular season game. To bag on Kobe Bryant for his performance last night is despicable.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 07, 2009 - 07:15 PM.

#70 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:32 PM

This is why others dislike Laker fans. We act entitled and at times can be very unrealistic about our expectations. Kobe isn't Superman. He has only so much energy. He was 14-22 from the field, including some shots that others would think are impossible to make, but that he makes look easy, and scored 39 points. The rest of the team just happened to have a bad game because the Hornets treated it like a playoff game and we didn't. It was one meaningless regular season game. To bag on Kobe Bryant for his performance last night is despicable.

Finally, a Laker (not Faker) fan. Well said!

#71 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:38 PM

^ agreed

#72 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:14 PM

Finally, a Laker (not Faker) fan. Well said!

Just because some members don't share your optimism doesn't mean they are "Faker fans." Quite frankly, you are one of those that thought nothing was wrong with us last season, and that's why you deserved to watch us lose in the NBA Finals.

I'm a Lakers fan who KNOWS something is wrong with this team. Thing is, I'm more of an NBA fan than I am a Lakers fan. If someone asks me my favorite team, it's the Lakers. If someone asks me to choose between them, and the entire league? I'm picking the NBA. The sport of basketball is more important to me than a team is.

With that said, looking from the outside and not as a "Faker fan" or a Lakers fan...there is something wrong with this team.

One loss doesn't mean jack [expletive] to me. However, six losses with us showing the same exact weaknesses that we have yet to correct since our Finals loss? That's a problem.

#73 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,919 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:31 PM

^my fav team are the lakers (obviously) as well, you gotta rep for your city

but like the real deal, i'm also a big NBA fan in general

but i mean, you gotta question some of the criticisms some people gave kobe for that game (for only kobe, not the team), he put up 39 points on 14-22, played a great game in general

it's not his fault his teammates weren't making jacksh_t and that he tried to carry the team like he's done so often

2div

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users