Photo

Tracy McGrady Self-Critical

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,538 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

“I criticize myself,” Tracy McGrady said Monday. “I can take it from anybody, from everybody. I know my ability. And when I do get right, all that... is put to rest. So kick me when I’m down, because I swear to you, I’ll be back up. And when I get back up, I’m going to sit back, and I’m going to laugh, man, because I’m going to have the last laugh. “Right now, I’m down. I’m physically down.”

Though McGrady said “I haven’t played well all year” and that it was “crazy” that he is second among Western Conference guards in the All-Star voting, he said his particularly poor play in a 94-73 loss to Toronto on Friday came from the frustration over his physical limitations.

“Without a doubt,” McGrady said. “It’s a matter of trying to come out and trying to compete physically. I look back at some of the tapes of some of my games, and in those games, I feel like I’m trying to go hard, but I look, and I’m not. I don’t have it. In my mind, I think I’m going hard. But physically, I don’t have it.”

Coach Rick Adelman spoke with him Monday about McGrady’s determination to play through his limitations. “That’s what he has to do,” Adelman said. “He has to be aggressive no matter what. The other night, we were playing poorly as a team, and he became very unaggressive. He can’t play that way, (or) he’s not going to get through it or out of it, and we aren’t going to be any good."

http://www.chron.com...kn/6195787.html

#2 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:36 PM

kinda feel bad 4 him, dont want him as a laker
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users