Shaun Livingston

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 04:23 PM

now everyone talking about dee brown being released are going to look like complete idiots
Posted Image

#22 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2009 - 04:35 PM

I dont get why some are opposed to this. I mean we arent expecting Livingston to come in and be a star. He gives some help so Fisher wont wear out. We have freakin Sun Yue on the bench for crying out loud, Im pretty sure Livingston would do better then Yue.

#23 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 06, 2009 - 04:57 PM

i gotta say, this is the first trade/free agent talk that i've had a legitimate good feeling about.

#24 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:04 PM

It's nice that you have a good feeling about it, but obviously the Heat didn't which automatically raises some questions. I'm intrigued, too.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:04 PM

honestly i see people whining an moaning about not wanting him

i challenge you to give me one negative that can come from this

hes 23 years old and a former 4th pick overall so some talent must be in there somewhere

hes only about 1 1/2 years removed from one of the most ridiculous injuries ever so he can only get healthier

he doesn't even have to be second string here for the long haul once jordan comes back so he can learn the system for the rest of the year, get an idea for playoff atmosphere having only been there once, and get healthy which is the most important thing.

like i said before this is 0 risk high reward

if he gets to even 85% of his original physical self and improves his skill set and shooting he could be a legitimate 10ppg 4 apg guy backing up jordan for the future

at worst we cut him with no penalty

we aren't signing him to a 6 year deal here or expecting an all star

we have 0 PG depth and are signing a 23 year old 4th overall pick with talent who has been unlucky with injuries
Posted Image

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:07 PM

It's nice that you have a good feeling about it, but obviously the Heat didn't which automatically raises some questions. I'm intrigued, too.

they signed him with no way of knowing what mario chalmers would become

not to mention they have chris quinn whose very serviceable and would easily be garnering 15 minutes a game with us

then behind him they have marcus banks who is an excellent defender who just hasn't figured anything out offensively

then you have a guy in livingston who is coming off injury and getting back into the flow of things

who do you think is the odd man out

if you ask me PG is their strongest position depth wise on the team thats why shaun was let go
Posted Image

#27 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:24 PM

Sun Yue > Livingston on the fact alone that Yue brings in Chinese audience and thus revenue and thus more money for Buss to sign players
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#28 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:27 PM

Sun Yue > Livingston on the fact alone that Yue brings in Chinese audience and thus revenue and thus more money for Buss to sign players

livingston>sun yue on the simple fact even with one leg his upside far exceeds sun yue and i dont think the chinese audience has increased much more seeing as kobe bryant is the most popular basketball player in china and hes already on the lakers
Posted Image

#29 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:31 PM

i'm not necessarily sure the lakers have that direct of a line to the revenue that Sun alone is bringing in. I mean, aside from increased licensing rights for merchandise abroad and maybe television rights, that's about it... and that all flows through the league before it hits Buss' hands. It's not like Stalpes doesn't sell out every night.

plus, i don't think ownership is hurting for money... there's always going to be an internal battle with the luxury tax, and I just don't see Sun's profitability affecting that.

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:37 PM

fred jones has been waived to

so thats

livingston, jones, brown

i think the front office was waiting for the wednesday deadline for people that made teams to be getting waived for salary purposes that way they bring in a quality guard rather than a scrub
Posted Image

#31 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2009 - 06:50 PM

they signed him with no way of knowing what mario chalmers would become

not to mention they have chris quinn whose very serviceable and would easily be garnering 15 minutes a game with us

then behind him they have marcus banks who is an excellent defender who just hasn't figured anything out offensively

then you have a guy in livingston who is coming off injury and getting back into the flow of things

who do you think is the odd man out

if you ask me PG is their strongest position depth wise on the team thats why shaun was let go

Plus they need room for another big, possibly Zo.

#32 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 06, 2009 - 09:06 PM

i'm not necessarily sure the lakers have that direct of a line to the revenue that Sun alone is bringing in. I mean, aside from increased licensing rights for merchandise abroad and maybe television rights, that's about it... and that all flows through the league before it hits Buss' hands. It's not like Stalpes doesn't sell out every night.

plus, i don't think ownership is hurting for money... there's always going to be an internal battle with the luxury tax, and I just don't see Sun's profitability affecting that.

If Sun ever plays 20 minutes a game, it will be a large impact. Just look at Yi, who is mediocre, coming up on KG in the All Star votes.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#33 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:28 PM

honestly i see people whining an moaning about not wanting him

i challenge you to give me one negative that can come from this

hes 23 years old and a former 4th pick overall so some talent must be in there somewhere

hes only about 1 1/2 years removed from one of the most ridiculous injuries ever so he can only get healthier

he doesn't even have to be second string here for the long haul once jordan comes back so he can learn the system for the rest of the year, get an idea for playoff atmosphere having only been there once, and get healthy which is the most important thing.

like i said before this is 0 risk high reward

if he gets to even 85% of his original physical self and improves his skill set and shooting he could be a legitimate 10ppg 4 apg guy backing up jordan for the future

at worst we cut him with no penalty

we aren't signing him to a 6 year deal here or expecting an all star

we have 0 PG depth and are signing a 23 year old 4th overall pick with talent who has been unlucky with injuries

Well...

His injury is so devastating (I can't even watch it), he may end up like Sam Bowie... This is not the 1st time he was hurt, he is kinda injury-prone...

Yeah, he was a high pick, so did Kwame and Darko...

10 day contract? Sure, why not... Worst-case scenario, cut him... Can't say I am excited about him though...

But with LO probably out, I prefer a backup PF...

LOL @ Yue selling tickets... We have Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol for that...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, January 06, 2009 - 10:35 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:39 PM

Well...

His injury is so devastating (I can't even watch it), he may end up like Sam Bowie... This is not the 1st time he was hurt, he is kinda injury-prone...

Yeah, he was a high pick, so did Kwame and Darko...

10 day contract? Sure, why not... Worst-case scenario, cut him... Can't say I am excited about him though...

But with LO probably out, I prefer a backup PF...

LOL @ Yue selling tickets... We have Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol for that...

as i said before noone can name a legitimate negative to signing shaun to a 10 day

PF? thats what powell was signed for
Posted Image

#35 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2009 - 10:59 PM

bring him in..give him a chance to play the 1
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!