#261 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:57 PM

It was tough going into tonights game with a killer instinct because of what we did to New Orleans in New Orleans twice this year.

It really sucked since we really had a good chance to get the win until we let the Hornets go on that ridiculous 13-0 run.

We were up 99-94 and then went on cruise control.

All well sometimes

Posted Image HAPPENS

For what it's worth KOBE's two handed BLOCK/PIN on the glass on Rasual Butler at the end of the game was just plain out NASTY!!!!!!!!!!

BUDDIES
Posted Image
Posted Image

#262 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 12:07 AM

he's talking about expectations

still as fans we are suppose to have high expectations for our team. and i dont see the lakers losing more than 20 games this season if they continue to win games in 5 game increments for the rest of the season and if you shave off about 10 losses then what do we have? not too far off ehh?

Edited by wong63, January 07, 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#263 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2009 - 12:30 AM

Posted Image

Kobe Nice Block there...
Kobe responds: Thanks CP3 Nice floppin..
cp3 goes: Yeah i'm a pro.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#264 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted January 07, 2009 - 03:45 AM

West owned Gasol like a Kid

And never say anymore that Radman should start. With Ariza we never allowed 116 points. This guy is such a beast on defensive end.

#265 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,697 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 07, 2009 - 04:44 AM

Unfortunately, I was right, we were going to lose this game. I hope this game is the last one for Vlad Rad as a Laker.

Edited by Nak, January 07, 2009 - 04:45 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#266 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 07, 2009 - 11:31 AM

I'm still going by my prediction of a 67-15 season, we're bound to lose a few here and there. Let's just go on to the next game and kill Golden State.

#267 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 07, 2009 - 06:37 PM

how many people realistically expected us to sweep every contender we faced? I knew we would lose a game or two to the Hornets, rockets, suns, mavs, and spurs. Maybe the jazz. Also we might lose in Boston, one to the cavs, we lost at orlando, we might lose at denver, at atlanta, at Portland, etc, The important thing is the big picture, and big picture he Lakers are sitting pretty.
Plus West and Paul vs. Kobe was relatively close, if LO was still there we might have won, oh yeah, also if Kobe would have gotten more calls, or if Cp3 had gotten less
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#268 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 06:44 PM

how many people realistically expected us to sweep every contender we faced? I knew we would lose a game or two to the Hornets, rockets, suns, mavs, and spurs. Maybe the jazz. Also we might lose in Boston, one to the cavs, we lost at orlando, we might lose at denver, at atlanta, at Portland, etc, The important thing is the big picture, and big picture he Lakers are sitting pretty.
Plus West and Paul vs. Kobe was relatively close, if LO was still there we might have won, oh yeah, also if Kobe would have gotten more calls, or if Cp3 had gotten less

The problem isn't losing all these games to good teams, it's just that it's important that we finish with the best record this season. It's a three team race between the Lakers, Celtics and Cavs for the best record in the NBA, which leads to the significance of each loss being multiplied many times over. As long as we get the best record I'm happy, but we can't lose games the way we lost to the Hornets; Too many threes (Poor shot selection), relying on Kobe to pull us through, and not feeding our big men the ball.

#269 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,589 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:38 PM

The problem isn't losing all these games to good teams, it's just that it's important that we finish with the best record this season. It's a three team race between the Lakers, Celtics and Cavs for the best record in the NBA, which leads to the significance of each loss being multiplied many times over. As long as we get the best record I'm happy, but we can't lose games the way we lost to the Hornets; Too many threes (Poor shot selection), relying on Kobe to pull us through, and not feeding our big men the ball.

celtics seem out of the contest if they keep on playing like this LOL.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#270 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:42 PM

celtics seem out of the contest if they keep on playing like this LOL.

Yeah, you're right:

It's a three two team race between the Lakers, Celtics and Cavs for the best record in the NBA, which leads to the significance of each loss being multiplied many times over.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users