• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 06, 2009 - 06:38 AM

Yeah well, develop some footwork and you won't have to travel all the time. Even if you claim it's not a travel...

#42 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:17 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LeBron James called the move he made when going for a potential tying layup at the end of regulation on Sunday night a 'crab dribble', but the referees called the move a violation, and Washington was able to escape with a win over the Cavaliers.

According to the Washington Post, there has been much debate over whether James traveled on the play or if it was legal. Even after watching the replay several times James believes it was a bad call while on the flipside the Wizards think that justice prevailed.

Wizards' duo Caron Butler, who was guarding James on the play, and Antawn Jamison had some fun with the situation.

"Yeah, a crab dribble is when you travel," Butler said with a grin yesterday. "That's my boy, and that's the hottest thing on the market now, the crab dribble travel. . . . I couldn't do it in AAU, couldn't do it in college, and obviously, I can't do it now."

Before the call was even made, Jamison was rolling his arms asking for a traveling call. Does he know what a crab dribble is?

"I don't know, but I know what traveling is," Jamison said. "He said he's seen the play a couple of times and didn't think he traveled, but we all know what traveling is. They got tape to prove the history of that signature move that he has, but it was a travel, hands down. When he beats us on end-of-game situations or finds a way to get it done, we give him credit, but it didn't happen [Sunday] and the right call was called."

#43 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:40 AM

Guys, don't make yourselves look stupid.

A crab dribble is real. Post players use it.

However, LeBron did travel.

Now, as far as saying that this is the type of stuff that will ruin his career -- please, don't even bother. LeBron is going to go down as one of the greatest players in the game. If the league determines that it's a travel -- and they will -- then LeBron will fix it.

Now I know why many Lakers fans root for the Wizards when they play Cleveland.

#44 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,226 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Now, as far as saying that this is the type of stuff that will ruin his career -- please, don't even bother. LeBron is going to go down as one of the greatest players in the game. If the league determines that it's a travel -- and they will -- then LeBron will fix it.

agree with everything but the last line

i root for the wizards and every team that plays cleveland because i want the lakers to get the best record in the league

i love lebron but the lakers and kobe come first and if that means lebron suffers in cleveland so be it
Posted Image

#45 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,823 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 06, 2009 - 12:23 PM

i root for the wizards and every team that plays cleveland because i want the lakers to get the best record in the league

i love lebron but the lakers and kobe come first and if that means lebron suffers in cleveland so be it

Same

#46 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 12:29 PM

What was the excuse last season, then?

In fact, I was on another Lakers board (won't name it, don't care), and they were rooting for the Wizards in the playoffs.

If I were a true NBA fan, I would be rooting for the Cavs, so they could go on and play Boston. If I were a smart Lakers fan, I'd be doing the same, in hopes that LeBron and Co. upset them.

#47 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 06, 2009 - 12:44 PM

You don't want revenge against Beantown?
It would be so sweet to just destroy them in the finals.

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 12:47 PM

You don't want revenge against Beantown?
It would be so sweet to just destroy them in the finals.

I do, but I'm not talking about this season at the moment. I'm wondering why Lakers fans didn't want the Cavs to win in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of who they were playing, regardless of any regular season record (since those didn't matter anymore).

When I read stuff like, "Well, there's the beginning of the end for LeBron," it makes me wonder what those guys really mean, and why they say it. That exact quote wasn't said, but you get what I mean.

#49 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 06, 2009 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That was just about the funniest thing I've seen this whole week.

By the way what LeBron did was legit.

...A legit TRAVEL :P He clearly took 3 steps. Sorry Bron Bron I don't usually take their side but I'm gona have to agree with the guys in black and white this time.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#50 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted January 06, 2009 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

#51 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 02:18 PM

As a laker fan I am a big fan of Lebron's game. He is so dominating, but that was clearly a travel. He will look bad if he continues to want this reviewed.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#52 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 06, 2009 - 02:30 PM

This the real ab?

#53 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted January 06, 2009 - 02:48 PM

It was a travel. How can you argue against that? I do, however, like the fact that he is doing this. It shows that he is passionate about winning every game.

#54 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:19 PM

LeBron not convinced he walked..

Two days after he was surprisingly whistled for traveling in the closing seconds of Cleveland’s 80-77 loss at Washington, James maintains his “crab dribble” was legal and that he has no plans to remove it from his arsenal.

The Cavaliers superstar was adamant after the game that he didn’t walk. He said it was a “bad call” and that “they (the NBA) need to look at it and they need to understand that’s not a travel.”

King James hasn’t changed his stance.

“I’ve done that move plenty of times and I believe it’s a good move,” he said after practice on Tuesday. “If they called it more consistently, then I guess it ain’t a good move then and I’ll change my game. But it’s not called consistently.”

James was driving for a potential tying basket when referee Bill Spooner called him for the traveling violation. James was stunned and so were many of the Wizards, who have complained in the past that James takes extra steps when he attacks the basket.

Spooner explained his call in an e-mail: “3 steps on the move to the basket. Basic travel call.”

An NBA spokesman said the league supports Spooner’s call.

The did-he-or-didn’t-he-walk debate has raged since the final horn, much to James’ amusement.

“Everything I do is a big deal,” James said, smiling. “It’s easy for people who don’t play the game of basketball to say something about a certain move. You hear all the people on SportsCenter talk about it, but they’ve never touched a basketball in their lives. They just report about it.”

James appreciates how difficult it is for officials to make split-second decisions in a game where the players are getting bigger, faster and stronger each year.

“It’s definitely tough,” he said. “We all make mistakes. I’m not downplaying the refs because they do an unbelievable job. I couldn’t do it. It is tough because guys can do a lot of things that they couldn’t do back in the 60s and 70s.”

James raised some eyebrows when he called his infamous move at Washington a “crab dribble,” an unknown term to most league observers.

He described it as a hesitation dribble he uses to slow down the defense before he accelerates toward the rim. James feels he should be entitled to two steps once he stops dribbling.

“If they take it away like they’ve done before with the hop step, I’ll find a way to do something else,” he said.

During his first two seasons, James often was called for traveling when he would hop on both feet while taking a layup. The league cracked down on his patented move, forcing him to do other things but hardly interrupting his ascent to stardom.

“How have I fared after that?” he deadpanned. “I’ll be fine if they take this away, too."

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#55 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted January 06, 2009 - 05:59 PM

LeBron traveled, LeBron choked. They foul, and are down by 3, LeBron had the chance to tie the game with a 3, and he chokes again missing the shot.

LeBron choked TWICE!

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#56 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 06, 2009 - 06:06 PM

I am not saying it will ruin his career, but he should take some advice from Charles Barkley and just shut up. You can make him look like an idiot by putting the video of where he said he watched the video and saw that it was only 2 steps, and put the actual video of the 3 big steps he took. Even a 10 year old can see that was 3 steps. I can definately say if Cavs won that game, Lebron wouldn't be making such a big deal out of the call (maybe even saying that the refs made the right call). One thing is that the game shouldn't have even been a match like it was so it's the teams fault and not solely Lebrons fault.

Edited by Base, January 06, 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#57 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 07, 2009 - 07:43 PM

How many games has Kobe complained about a call right after the game? This season? Lakers have never played a game where there was such a game changing call and Lakers lose. I didn't see Kobe complain about getting hit at Miami (which he didn't). At least this season.

It doesn't have to be the exact same scenario for him to not blame himself after a loss. He's shot us out of a lot of games in the post-Shaq era or at least taken terrible shots on crucial possessions trying to look spectacular.

You must not remember that Rockets game in 2007 when Kobe traveled and argued like a maniac.

Not to mention the foul on McGrady the possession before.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IzY1G40woKk
Basketball Reasons...

#58 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:30 AM

I do, but I'm not talking about this season at the moment. I'm wondering why Lakers fans didn't want the Cavs to win in the first round of the playoffs, regardless of who they were playing, regardless of any regular season record (since those didn't matter anymore).

When I read stuff like, "Well, there's the beginning of the end for LeBron," it makes me wonder what those guys really mean, and why they say it. That exact quote wasn't said, but you get what I mean.

Those same people made threads saying 'Lebron will never be clutch', 'Lebron will never be able to shoot long distance', 'lebron will never be able to make it to the playoffs'

Now all the ammo they have is that he travels sometimes and there's some sort of league conspiracy to let him get away with it. Let them have their fun. They'll be weeping when he wins his ring within the next 5 years.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#59 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,400 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:34 PM

Dude traveled.... Hop step step equals 3... TRAVEL!!!!
Posted Image

#60 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 08, 2009 - 11:28 PM

It doesn't have to be the exact same scenario for him to not blame himself after a loss. He's shot us out of a lot of games in the post-Shaq era or at least taken terrible shots on crucial possessions trying to look spectacular.

You must not remember that Rockets game in 2007 when Kobe traveled and argued like a maniac.

Not to mention the foul on McGrady the possession before.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IzY1G40woKk

Blaming the loss on the refs, and taking the loss are two different things. Just because Kobe didn't put the loss on himself, he didn't blame the refs and say they should review the call because he believed it wasn't a travel or he didn't foul Mcgrady. Kobe traveled and he probably saw that, and he didn't make up some crap after the game. He took the loss.

You don't need to take the blame for a loss to look like a good player. Taking the loss sure looks a lot better than blaming the refs indirectly for the loss.

Edited by Base, January 08, 2009 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users