Photo

Raps' Anthony and Bargnani on the block?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,174 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:48 PM

Could the Raptors, who have continued to struggle after making a coaching change in early December, begin swinging deals?

One rival Eastern Conference general manager said that Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker are prime candidates to be moved, as Toronto looks to add depth on the wing.

http://www.realgm.co...arker_bargnani/

They've already changed coaches - when they were 8-9 - so now the Raptors, eight games under .500 as of Friday, might have to start making deals as they continue to underachieve and sink in the East. One rival Eastern Conference GM said that Andrea Bargnani, the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, and Anthony Parker are prime candidates to be moved, as they look to add athleticism on the wings. In the meantime, Jermaine O'Neal has been sidelined with yet another knee injury. The Raptors are second in the NBA in losing games in which they've held double-digit leads (seven), with only Indiana (nine) doing it more times.

#2 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 04, 2009 - 03:58 PM

Bargnani = BUST

The Raptors effed up big time by drafting this Euro softie over Roy, Gay, Aldridge, and Rondo...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#3 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 04, 2009 - 09:29 PM

Bargnani = BUST

The Raptors effed up big time by drafting this Euro softie over Roy, Gay, Aldridge, and Rondo...

Roy and Aldridge are the only ones who really stick out.

Gay scores 20 a game but takes 20 shots to do it. I don't see anything special. Bargnani is still young. He needs to go to a proper system. He would actually be perfect in the triangle.

Toronto makes no sense for him because Bosh also plays in the perimter. Play in LA with Bynum and Gasol, and he will get all sorts of open looks.

He's averaging 11 pts a game, while shooting 37% from 3, which is excellent for a big man. He also blocks 1.5 shots a game.

To call him a bus is extremely premature. I'd love to trade Odom for him and anthony.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#4 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 10:38 PM

He is poor at rebounding... He is a defensive blackhole ... Yeah, he shoots threes, the very last thing I would want from a seven footer... Jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot... He has zero post game and afraid of contact, he makes Pau Gasol look like Dwight Howard...

I'm not wasting Lamar's contract for him and Anthony Parker...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#5 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted January 05, 2009 - 12:29 AM

Luke and 2nd round for Anthony Parker.

Please?

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 08:08 AM

anthony parker would be a very nice veteran addition to the lakers

god imagine if they drafted roy instead of bargnani

nesterovic
bosh
kapono
roy
calderon

thats a really good team in the east
Posted Image

#7 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 12:32 PM

He is poor at rebounding... He is a defensive blackhole ... Yeah, he shoots threes, the very last thing I would want from a seven footer... Jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot... He has zero post game and afraid of contact, he makes Pau Gasol look like Dwight Howard...

I'm not wasting Lamar's contract for him and Anthony Parker...

He is poor at rebounding.

Bynum, Gasol, Ariza, Kobe together is more than sufficient

He is a defensive blackhole

He's not the best, but he still averages 1.5 blocks per game

Jumpshot, jumpshot, jumpshot.

With Bynum and Gasol anchoring the post, that's exactly what we need. Somebody who spreads the floor, and shoots 40% from 3's.

Your whole basis is this absurd idiotic American attitude against shooting big men. Hello, Robert Horry, and Rasheed Wallace are 2 of the most valuable players in the league, and they are on the perimeter. You get a big in the perim, it opens a ton of things up for you in regards of KObe driving and Gasol and Bynum working down low.

#8 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 03:16 PM

Since when I became American? Way to go calling them idiots... Did you just compare Bargnani to Robert Horry and Rasheed Wallace??? Are you serious??
Karl Marx

#9 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 03:52 PM

Since when I became American? Way to go calling them idiots... Did you just compare Bargnani to Robert Horry and Rasheed Wallace??? Are you serious??

In regards to offense, they are completely similar. Of course, Bargnani is not there defensively, but 7'0 who can shoot and spread the floor, yes very similar offensive skill sets.

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,335 posts

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:22 PM

i really think anthony parker is perfect for this team but it wont happen
Posted Image

#11 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 05, 2009 - 06:24 PM

i really think anthony parker is perfect for this team but it wont happen

pretty good defender with a good 3 point shot ... kinda reminds me of a better version of mo evans no?
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#12 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted January 05, 2009 - 09:31 PM

pretty good defender with a good 3 point shot ... kinda reminds me of a better version of mo evans no?

Much better than Evans. I know Parker doesn't put up any crazy numbers, but Mo Evans was nothing before he came to L.A., next-to-nothing while he was here, and since he left I haven't heard about him even once. I think Parker would be an incredible asset to have on our team.

Imagine Kobe, Parker, and Trevor out there at the same time... Can you say the Dobermans? :nervous:

#13 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 05, 2009 - 10:08 PM

i have to agree with lakerfool, i think he doesnt fit their system, our system would be much better .... but to compare them to rasheed and horry, i dont know about that one, he hasnt done that much to get a comparison like that but i do think he has skills tho
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users