43 replies to this topic

#21 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:45 PM

Nope, I don't want to hear any of that...

We had no Bynum last year and still made it to the finals. I have no remorse.

Iggy is their Gasol.

If we were missing Gasol, we wouldn't have won crap.

And you know it's sad when your Gasol (2nd option) is Zyudrnas Ilgauskus. Z is a good player, but nowhere near Gasol's level.

So it's actually an awful comparison you made. Yes, we missed Bynum, but we had Gasol, a top 10 player in the league.

Don't say anything negative about the Cavs guys. You're just being insecure for Kobe.

Ah, what a surprise, nameant in a thread about a rival swingman rallying up the crowd.

By the way nameant, I still remember in CL when you claimed Lebron would never be clutch. Great analysis.

Edited by lakerfool, January 04, 2009 - 01:46 PM.

Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#22 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:49 PM

What a surprise, lakerfool rushing to a thread about the Cavs coming to defend his boy LeBron.

I don't remember saying he'd never be clutch. I remember saying having a killer's mentality wasn't something you can gain. And whether LeBron is clutch or not is still up in the air. He still shies away from shots where if he misses, his team loses. If the game is tied he's all for it. He still prefers to pass off in clutch situations and his FT shooting in the clutch still sucks.

Edited by nameant, January 04, 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#23 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:51 PM

What a surprise, lakerfool rushing to a thread about the Cavs coming to defend his boy LeBron.

I don't remember saying he'd never be clutch. I remember saying having a killer's mentality wasn't something you can gain. And whether LeBron is clutch or not is still up in the air. He still shies away from shots where if he misses, his team loses. If the game is tied he's all for it. He still prefers to pass off in clutch situations and his FT shooting in the clutch still sucks.

After that Detroit series, nobody argues that at all, except for people on Laker forums. Hmm, I wonder why.

#24 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:54 PM

is lakerfool the same guy as melo01 or something like that from CL?
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#25 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,763 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:55 PM

nameant was right, it did come :lol:

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,925 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:58 PM

lakerfool was xepa on cl

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:58 PM

is lakerfool the same guy as melo01 or something like that from CL?

Why? Does melo01 use common sense and logic in his arguments?

BTW, more Lebron clutch stats

According to 82games.com, his effective FG% in clutch situations is 70%. So much for the 'he's not clutch' pseudo-science argument.

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:02 PM

So it's actually an awful comparison you made. Yes, we missed Bynum, but we had Gasol, a top 10 player in the league.
sorry Lakerfool, it seemed like we were on our way to getting along, i wont diss Gasol, but I am going to be honest he isnt a top ten player, maybe top 20, maybe
kobe, lebron, d-wade, d-howard, chris paul, KG, Duncan, Amare, as a matter of fact almost every team's first option is better than gasol, the only exceptions being sacrento's, even though martin did just drop 45, and minnesota though jefferson is close to passing pau
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#29 Jeffs

Jeffs

Rookie

• 56 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:03 PM

Cavs are going to struggle. Their schedule thus far has been very weak, and they have struggled against >.500 teams. Now that they'll be playing more tough games, and without their second/third best player in Big Z, a lot of losses are sure to follow.
Jeffs

#30 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,515 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:04 PM

Now we need to see Boston getting a whoopin from Knicks today!

#31 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:06 PM

sorry Lakerfool, it seemed like we were on our way to getting along, i wont diss Gasol, but I am going to be honest he isnt a top ten player, maybe top 20, maybe
kobe, lebron, d-wade, d-howard, chris paul, KG, Duncan, Amare, as a matter of fact almost every team's first option is better than gasol, the only exceptions being sacrento's, even though martin did just drop 45, and minnesota though jefferson is close to passing pau

It's hard to be as good as those guys mentioned when you gave a guy named Kobe Bryant on your team. Even with that said, Gasol puts up great stats, and is the most consistent Laker.

#32 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:07 PM

Gasol was able to lead his team consistently to the playoffs as a one man show with Mike Miller as his sidekick for a few years.

Al Jefferson is awful in getting his teammates involved. Same with Amare stoudemire. All are probably more potent scorers than Gasol, but they cannot initiate an offense like him. Unless Amare and Jefferson learn how to initiate offense, and pass from the post, Gasol is better than them easily.

#33 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:11 PM

lakerfool was xepa on cl

ohhhhh....the '$0.2' guy right?
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#34 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:12 PM

ohhhhh....the '$0.2' guy right?

You gave $0.18 too much. ;)

#35 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,763 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:13 PM

Gasol is not a top ten player in the league. He's a great player, but there's no way he's a top ten player, maybe top 20.

#36 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,925 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:14 PM

Gasol was able to lead his team consistently to the playoffs as a one man show with Mike Miller as his sidekick for a few years.

Al Jefferson is awful in getting his teammates involved. Same with Amare stoudemire. All are probably more potent scorers than Gasol, but they cannot initiate an offense like him. Unless Amare and Jefferson learn how to initiate offense, and pass from the post, Gasol is better than them easily.

what about James Posey, Shane Battier...guys who are versatile and are perfect role players. Look I give credit to Gasol for leading a team to the playoffs but its not like he had scrubs in his supporting cast either.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#37 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,763 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:14 PM

You gave $0.18 too much. ;)

:lol:

#38 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:15 PM

no Laker fool, Pau is better at them at passing and getting others involved, by your logic, Luke is better than Ariza, Pau cant score with those two and he isnt as athletic, strong, or beastly as those two plus a one-man show
look at these stats
http://www.nba.com/g...2003/index.html
he had some solid players around him, and multiple guys scoring in multi figures
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#39 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:16 PM

Isn't this a thread about the Cavs losing? :o

#40 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:18 PM