#1 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 04, 2009 - 11:00 AM

I know everything is fine in Lakerland right now, but no matter what way this season ends there will be question marks. If we win a championship, LO,Ariza, and Mihm might even get offers...of those three only Ariza is guaranteed to stay, and that depends a lot on the salary he is offered by other teams. That being said I have compiled a list of free agents for the upcoming summer. I pose the question to Lakers Nation, which one of these guys intrigue you...if you wre Mitch who would you acquire? I picked the bold ones, J-Kidd is my fav out of all, next brandon Bass Carlos Boozer(early termination option), Shawn Marion, Steve Nash (team option),Mehmet Okur (early termination option), Allen Iverson , Ron Artest, Hedo Turkoglu(early termination option),
Rasheed Wallace (Unrestricted) ,Jason Kidd (Unrestricted) – Andre Miller (Unrestricted) – (ETO - Early Termination Option) – Mike Bibby (Unrestricted) –Jamal Crawford (ETO) – Eddy Curry (ETO) –
Drew Gooden (Unrestricted) – Chris Wilcox (Unrestricted) – Anderson Varejao (Player Option) – Al Harrington (Player Option) –

Unrestricted: Wally Szczerbiak; Brandon Bass; Jeff Foster; Stephon Marbury; Grant Hill; Desmond Mason; Zaza Pachulia; Kyle Korver (ETO); Marquis Daniels (Team Option)
Restricted FA's from the 2005 Draft
David Lee
Marvin Williams
Danny Granger
Raymond Felton
Charlie Villanueva
Hakim Warrick
Nate Robinson

here's all that i missed
http://sports.espn.g...reeAgents-09-10

Edited by Kobynum Gasodom 2, January 04, 2009 - 11:01 AM.

Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#2 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted January 04, 2009 - 11:07 AM

Where will we find money? Jerry Buss should win one Wold Poker Tour or two...

#3 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 11:25 AM

well, if he doesnt sign, LO, MIHM, Sun Yue, and Mbenga...thats like 15 million, and i dont think Marion or Kidd will get as much as they used to, i think we will only have 6 milllion after signing Ariza, so that leaves enough for one
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#4 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 04, 2009 - 12:18 PM

If we win the championship, LO is history (assuming he makes it through the regular season). Mihm is already gone. Mitch will re-sign Ariza (with the max MLE) and Josh Powell, who will get more minutes next year. Other than that, there might be a minor tweak here and there. If anything major happens, it will because it's a deal that Mitch simply can't turn down, but don't look for any major FA signings. If it's a major trade, it is more likely to involve LO and Mihm with their expiring contracts before the February 15 trade deadline.

#5 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:08 PM

so the possibility of a cheap J-kidd, or bobby jackson, or matt barnes, or a potentially"great" role player, like when we acquired harper, horace, even gary and karl past their prime, for a championship opportunity

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:44 PM

to end my thoughts on this , veteran acquisition are key for eams that want multiple championships, look what Boston is lacking today, which they may acquire soon, more veterans to shore up that young bench

#7 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Felton for full MLE. He's going to explode when he signs to the right situation which is LA.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#8 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:49 PM

^ damn u love felton, thats one of the only names i hear you vouch for, are you James Worthy?

#9 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:55 PM

I'm using common sense. We need a point guard. The guy is insanely talented and used horribly.

He can shoot the 3, he can take it to the hole, he can defend. The PG the Lakers need. No more Jason Terry lighting up 40 on you. You mentioned Jason Kidd. Kidd = Payton 2.0. His skills completely do not fit the triangle.

#10 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:04 PM

nate robinson, rasheed wallace, or kyle korver.

Edited by wong63, January 04, 2009 - 02:05 PM.

#11 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm using common sense. We need a point guard. The guy is insanely talented and used horribly.

He can shoot the 3, he can take it to the hole, he can defend. The PG the Lakers need. No more Jason Terry lighting up 40 on you. You mentioned Jason Kidd. Kidd = Payton 2.0. His skills completely do not fit the triangle.

i hear with the payton comparison, except payton was a know-it-all, and i know his jumper is bad but he can play spot minutes at the one two and three in the triangle, he still is an incredible passer, and a great thonker of the game, any guy who says he was going to call Magic to ask to where his number if he became a Laker, has to become a Laker, his defense against big guards is still better han all but 2 on our team

#12 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:09 PM

If we win the championship, LO is history (assuming he makes it through the regular season). Mihm is already gone. Mitch will re-sign Ariza (with the max MLE) and Josh Powell, who will get more minutes next year. Other than that, there might be a minor tweak here and there. If anything major happens, it will because it's a deal that Mitch simply can't turn down, but don't look for any major FA signings. If it's a major trade, it is more likely to involve LO and Mihm with their expiring contracts before the February 15 trade deadline.

All of this depends on whether Kobe stays.

#13 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:09 PM

You don't need an incredible passer for the Triangle. The tri emphasizes ball movement. In a Kidd offense, Kidd dominates the ball. Not a good idea.

Felton is perfectly geared for the triangle. Quick guard with good size who can hit the 3, penetrate at will, and doesn't need the ball to be effective.

#14 Jeffs

Jeffs

Rookie

• 56 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:14 PM

Lakers will have a hard enough time resigning the players they have this year. Unless they find a way to miraculously trade Walton and/or Radmanovic, they'll have a hard enough time resigning Ariza as is. Odom is likely gone either way. I don't see Buss wanting to use the MLE on top of that.
Jeffs

#15 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:27 PM

i think vlad can easily get traded next year, he can still shoot, and a lot of teams want shooters.

#16 Jeffs

Jeffs

Rookie

• 56 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:48 PM

^ Well, if he's traded next year then any potential signing would have to be the following offseason. :P It's not like we're going to trade Vlad for draft picks... whoever we would get in return woulds till count against the cap.
Jeffs

#17 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,145 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:51 PM

Shawn Marion and J.Kidd are good additions for the Lakers.

#18 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted January 04, 2009 - 04:14 PM

Shawn Marion and J.Kidd are good additions for the Lakers.

don't be greedy pick one lol
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#19 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 04, 2009 - 06:17 PM

Felton? Think Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard...Felton and Bynum? Sounds like string music to me....

#20 Jeffs

Jeffs

Rookie

• 56 posts

Posted January 04, 2009 - 06:36 PM

Not too high on Felton. He's not a good shooter, and that's basically a requirement for a point guard in our offense.
Jeffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users