Photo

Are the Lakers the most exciting team to watch ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2009 - 03:45 AM

I remember there was a poll or something in the preseason, made by sport journalists, saying that the Hornets or Blazers ( I'm not sure ) will be the most exciting team to watch in the 08-09 season. I think we beat those teams when it comes to "excitment"... I mean not only we're winning a ton of games, but we're winning them in a very fun way. Last game was a perfect example: Pau leading the break, Trevor hustling, Kobe doing his thing etc... The Lakers are just having fun out there, making the game of basketball far more exciting fo the fans. I haven't watched a ton of other teams' games so far this season, but I can say that the majority of teams are nowhere near our style of play... So what do you guys think ? Are the Lakers the most exciting team to watch so far this season ? Who can beat them in that category ? :rolleyes:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 03, 2009 - 05:33 AM

I think most fans in general want to watch more competitive games, so just because of that the Lakers won't be the most exciting. But our style of play and execution on offense definitely puts us up there.

I don't really know though, because I only enjoy watching Lakers games. And other bball game, whatever, I can tune in if it's close in the last few minutes. I have to try to watch every single minute of Lakers basketball.

#3 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted January 03, 2009 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, clearly, i think. Who makes the Show more? Suns dont' run anymore.

#4 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted January 03, 2009 - 08:07 AM

Hard to decide on that, because as a fan of a certain team, I believe that you would, of course, find your team the most exciting to watch. So yes - Lakers. :D :P Though maybe this doesn't apply to everyone. But who knows.

Anywho - Celtics losses are exciting to watch too -_- :shifty:

#5 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 03, 2009 - 08:08 AM

That's a good question, but I think the "answer" (if there is one) depends on your biases. As a die hard Lakers fan, I looked forward to watching this year's team more than any team since Philip was hired to coach the 1999-2000 team. If I can try to be objective, what makes this team more exciting than the rest of the teams in the NBA is the fact that its high octane offense is multi-faceted. We are the best passing team in the NBA that can play an up tempo style or run the triangle in the half court. We play a gambling defense that features many steals with Harlem Globetrotter finishes at the other end, especially with Trevor Ariza, Kobe and Pau. How about Pau's Magic Johnson imitation last night? Exciting. Trevor's save on the fast break for an LO finish. Exciting. Kobe's post moves and impossible shots from the corner? Exciting. Having watched many other teams play, I would say that Portland is probably the second most exciting team to watch with all their young talent and the best buzzer beater shooter in the league in Brandon Roy. The downside of the Lakers from a fan's perspective is obviously the frustration I get from the defense letting teams back in games. However, is becoming readily apparent to me that the players know that can turn the switch on and off almost at will so they don't have to rely on buzzer beaters to win games. I don't know if that's exciting or just frustrating, but it's a developing pattern. I can tell you that I'm getting so used to it that I didn't experience any anxiety last night when the Jazz crept into the game twice in the second half. Lastly, who is a more exciting player to watch than Kobe Bryant? LeBron? D-Wade? CP3? Sorry, but none of those guys have his complete array of skills or shot selection. None of them play the pinch post like Kobe. He's the most exciting. We're the most exciting. From a biased fan! :)

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 03, 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 03, 2009 - 09:02 AM

1.Lakers
2.Orlando
3.Portland
4.Cp3 and the (Hornettes)
5.Nets, Pacers, Grizzles, Cavs, Mavs
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#7 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,942 posts

Posted January 03, 2009 - 09:39 AM

I think Hawks and Hornets are more exciting

#8 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 03, 2009 - 12:03 PM

1.Lakers
2.Orlando
3.Portland
4.Cp3 and the (Honeybees)
5.Nets, Pacers, Grizzles, Cavs, Mavs

Fixed :)

I have to agree with Ken #1 Beloved. It really depends on our biases. Maybe a person that watched other teams can make a better comparison between the styles of play.

P.S. If we play with the same energy on the defensive end like we do on the offensive we will be virtually unstoppable, and our team will be even more exciting to watch :P

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#9 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,698 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted January 03, 2009 - 12:18 PM

1.Lakers
2.Celtics(when they lose.)
3.Hornets
4.Cavs
5.Orlando.

#10 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted January 03, 2009 - 02:10 PM

Whichever team D'Antoni runs. I love that System. 2006 Suns, 2009 Knicks, etc.

#11 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2009 - 02:15 PM

Lakers there is nothing better than watching lakers play.

#12 Superstar Basketball

Superstar Basketball

Rookie

• 315 posts
  • Name:Commish
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2009 - 02:25 PM

Agree with Ken, a lot of it depends on your biases. The 80's Lakers were fun to watch and that will always stand out as the standard in my eyes.

This current Lakers squad reminds me of a lot of the Showtime Lakers. Ariza looking like Cooper at times, Kobe capable of passing the ball like Magic... and Fisher pullin up like Byron Scott used to. We got Pau with the post moves like the Cap (though not as smooth) and we got LO who could finish like Big Game James.

Next to the Lakers, I like watching the Cavs. :jawdrop:
www.superstarbasketball.org
"Basketball isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle"
SEASON 14
BACK TO BASICS

#13 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2009 - 03:10 PM

i find other teams 'entertaining' at times....

as far as excitement, this homer only knows lakers when it comes to that dept.
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#14 Franchise

Franchise

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2009 - 10:32 PM

I would say that Portland is probably the second most exciting team to watch with all their young talent and the best buzzer beater shooter in the league in Brandon Roy.

i want to spit on you

#15 da_chet

da_chet

Rookie

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Fan Since:I played NBA jam on Super Nintendo
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Cobra, KaPau, LO

Posted January 03, 2009 - 10:50 PM

Clippers are awesome!!
Lebron may be as good as Jordan, but he will NEVER be as good as Kobe!!

#16 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted January 04, 2009 - 12:02 AM

Los Angeles Lakers- THE GREATEST BASKETBALL SHOW ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 04, 2009 - 06:01 AM

Whichever team D'Antoni runs. I love that System. 2006 Suns, 2009 Knicks, etc.

I have to agree I like his run and gun style

#18 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 04, 2009 - 06:38 AM

as a laker fan, laker games are the most exciting games to watch (even the snorer's like that game against the timberwolves we had earlier this year)

but as an nba fan, any game that comes down to the last possession is exciting, like the blazer v. rocket game earlier this year (the one with 3 "game-winning shots," brandon roy with the midrange jumper with less than 5 to play, then yao with the 3 point play with 1.2 to play, then brandon roy again with the CLUTCH tre) as well as both the nuggets and nets games earlier this week with melo and VC hitting the 3's

Posted Image

2div

#19 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 04, 2009 - 09:30 AM

as a laker fan, laker games are the most exciting games to watch (even the snorer's like that game against the timberwolves we had earlier this year)

but as an nba fan, any game that comes down to the last possession is exciting, like the blazer v. rocket game earlier this year (the one with 3 "game-winning shots," brandon roy with the midrange jumper with less than 5 to play, then yao with the 3 point play with 1.2 to play, then brandon roy again with the CLUTCH tre) as well as both the nuggets and nets games earlier this week with melo and VC hitting the 3's

Posted Image

A friend of mine took his daughter to the Nets-Hawks game. He called me to tell me how crappy the brand of basketball was compared to the Lakers (who he despises because he's a Kobe hater). He said the game got exciting at the end because it was close, but he would have rather watched a quality flow to the game like we generally get here.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 04, 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#20 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 04, 2009 - 01:39 PM

The Hawks are very fun to watch, especially in person.

The Lakers are more exciting right now, than they were earlier this decade, IMO, because of guys like Trevor Ariza, Pau, etc.

Shaq was great, but I didn't really find him "entertaining" to watch.

The Cavs are also great in person, largely because of how much more enjoyable it is to see LBJ in person, than on TV.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users