fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,846 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2009 - 01:16 AM

Oh that would be sweet.

He could easily be the final wire cut on the ticking time bomb that is that team. If Glen Davis angered KG, Pierce and Rondo have trouble standing each other, and Ray Allen sinks into a shell whenever he's confronted, this should take the cake.

Enjoy Boston - you guys are a match made in heaven.

#22 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted January 02, 2009 - 01:22 AM

Nothing, that's why it's in NBA Talk.

Haha, that was a good one. I liked that. ;)

If Marbury went to the Celtics, I would be pissed. Not because it would make the Celtics any better(which it most likely would) but the thought of hearing even more about Boston is like a nightmare to me.
Posted Image

#23 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,635 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2009 - 01:42 AM

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com this week that Boston is Stephon Marbury's preferred destination if he manages to become a free agent and that the Celtics are indeed hopeful of signing him.

Celtics general manager Danny Ainge did not immediately respond to a request for comment on a New Year's Day holiday for the entire league and has generally refused to address the possibility of signing Marbury.

One Celtics source insists that Kevin Garnett has voiced no opposition to the idea of signing Marbury for the rest of the season to strengthen Boston's backcourt depth behind starters Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen.

When asked specifically about the likelihood of Marbury joining the Celtics this season, the source predicted that "it will happen."

http://www.realgm.co...up_with_boston/

#24 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 02, 2009 - 01:46 AM

Oh man, if this does happen I wonder what kind of impact he'll be having on this team, the city, as well as the rest of teams in the league. Either positive or negative things might occur from this happening but I don't know if a neutral thing could be coming from this situation. Perhaps if I look into this more thoroughly I might be able to determine for myself whether or not this could affect some people that are not in any shape or form related to his event. But as you know by now that this is way over complicating a simple thing than it really is. :mellow:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#25 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 02, 2009 - 03:54 AM

Boston don't really need him... Him joining a team with internal conflicts... That's like pouring gasoline on a burning house...

Yeah, he said it's alright for him not to start... Yeah, right...

I root for Marbury, I really do (Starbury shoes, enough said)... But his ego is bigger than his head...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, January 02, 2009 - 04:02 AM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#26 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 06:11 AM

its all part of the plan, starbury goes to the celts and ruins the team from the inside out.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#27 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,098 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 10:05 AM

you guys trying to fool yourselves saying he'll ruin the team need to realize a couple

first whether you believe it or try to convince yourself otherwise he will be a very minimal distraction which while most of you just simply regujetate the media steph himself has been very minimal but the knicks have made him out to be the devil and knowing he is still new yorks basketball son. the knicks are trying to mold him using past not current ideas to bury him.

hes earned that rep but hes been very tame this year. and the whole him refusing to play was part of new yorks plan to bury him. they never intended for him to play but needed something to make him look bad.

second regardless of what you think he is a enormous upgrade over eddie house and makes the celtics mor formidable. remember our edge was our bench and marbury closes the gap.
Posted Image

#28 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 02, 2009 - 10:43 AM

His music is of quality, people just don't understand what he's talking about.

I can't defend every line he uses, but a lot of the time people are just too lazy to capture his thought. They don't feel like thinking about what he's saying because they're so used to hearing other artists who give them the thought on a silver platter.

"Before I had a mirror, I knew who I was."

"Who can you trust? Who can you love when love kills like somebody gave cupid a gun?"

"And every time I see the sunshine I drop down and give thanks at least one time
Feelin like I'm living on front line
Feelin like every second is crunch time
I've had breakfast, will I make it to lunchtime?
And I ain't joking so don't be looking for punchlines
Will I be the next victim of a gun crime?
I don't know the answer, that's why I brought mine."

Plus his flow and delivery are both second to none. It's not just about what he says, he delivers it in a way that's entertaining while most rappers just go in the studio and say it. He makes an art out of it.

Flow & delivery wise,
you never listened to Biggie? Pac?
Jay? Tech N9ne? Luda? Big L?
&
Doesn't know what he's talking about?
Yeah I understand his lyrics,
Believe me I listened to enough hip-hop in my life.
it's just he'll have a few nice lines then he'll say something like:

"I can say it don' rhyme, and it's still gon' rhym"

"even if you got married you couldn't do what I-do"
we on like the television
Im hot like light
like ranch I dip
There are tons of other bars I could find similar to those^^.
So to me he's just consistently inconsistent he has simple lyrics, fake superficial content, and a whole lot of hype,
again sorry for going off-topic.

"damn right I kiss my daddy"
:hmm:

#29 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted January 02, 2009 - 10:48 AM

IF it does work... that will be scary.

Problem is - hasn't worked outside of one year in Marbury's career.

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,098 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 10:52 AM

Flow & delivery wise,
you never listened to Biggie? Pac?
Jay? Tech N9ne? Luda? Big L?
&
Doesn't know what he's talking about?
Yeah I understand his lyrics,
Believe me I listened to enough hip-hop in my life.
it's just he'll have a few nice lines then he'll say something like:

"I can say it don' rhyme, and it's still gon' rhym"

"even if you got married you couldn't do what I-do"
we on like the television
Im hot like light
like ranch I dip
There are tons of other bars I could find similar to those^^.
So to me he's just consistently inconsistent he has simple lyrics, fake superficial content, and a whole lot of hype,
again sorry for going off-topic.

"damn right I kiss my daddy"
:hmm:

lil wayne personifies hip pop
Posted Image

#31 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image

:vomit:

#32 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 11:58 AM

Boston fans are terrified this might actually happen. :lol:

Boston Globe

Some assorted comments to the story:

1. As talented as the man is, Marbury was poison (I'll play when I feel like it) in Minneapolis. And apparently that has not changed. Celtics don't need him and should avoid.
Posted by midwestceltfan January 2, 09 10:43 AM

2. Marbury would help RUIN this team; he's the opposite of everything this Celtics group stands for. He shouldn't even be in the NBA...
Posted by Michael January 2, 09 10:58 AM

3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Kevin -boston January 2, 09 11:02 AM

4 I suppose the underlying logic is that we're ignoring the fact that Marbury has been labeled a cancer by virtually every NBA team he's ever played on, largely because he now recognizes he's no longer an alpha dog and will accept a backup role, especially with KG, Allen and Pierce to keep him in line.

I concede it's a great story line. But if Marbury was truly a competitor looking for a ring and to salvage his horrendous reputation, wouldn't he be inclined to stop quibbling about fines or an extra million dollars in his buy-out negotiations to get himself off the NY pine and into the Celtics rotation as soon as possible? Right now, the facts just don't seem to support what the Celtics hope they'll be getting from Marbury.
Posted by John S January 2, 09 11:21 AM

5. Boooo!!!!!!
Posted by MrCantBelieveit January 2, 09 11:25 AM

6. Why on earth would the Celtics sign this self-centered "chemistry cancer" when Rondo is playing so well? Marbury is one of the most selfish players in NBA history and he's never made a single player around him better. Worse, this is rewarding the same kind of behavior that Boston fans were repulsed by with Manny Ramirez. I can't imagine that the possible upside outweighs the risks - and why, so this prima donna jerk can increase his now non-existent value and say he won a Championship on the way to another big contract next year?????
Posted by HankFinkelshookshot January 2, 09 11:28 AM

7. My first reaction to this was horror. But then I remembered that Garnett and Marbury are old friends. So maybe KG could keep him in line, assuming Marbury is willing to take a lesser role and be a team player. And if not, they could always cut him.
Posted by JimR January 2, 09 11:29 AM

8. No no no no no no no no no . . .
Posted by Dude January 2, 09 11:32 AM

9. No freakin' way should Ainge even begin to explore this possiblity. The guy is a cancer. And he'd be purely a rental, so why the heck should Boston give up prospects for a guy who's only going to hurt the team.

PLEASE DANNY...DON'T DO IT!!!
Posted by Tim from West Brookfield January 2, 09 11:32 AM

10 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Kevin -boston January 2, 09 11:37 AM

11. Mgmt needs to have a private heart to heart with KG, off the record and if KG says NG than forgeddaboudit.
Posted by cha cha January 2, 09 11:44 AM

12. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by pk812 January 2, 09 11:45 AM

13. Lets do it - his bad attitude will be slapped down if it rears ts ugly head - and it will, we need what he can do. Our record this season is 0-1 against the only team that matters.
Posted by johnpanzer January 2, 09 11:53 AM
:lol:

14. This would be a horrible decision for the Celtics to sign Marbury. He has done nothing but destroy ever team he's ever played on. I would loose all respect for Ainge if he signs Marbury. The C's proved in the playoffs last year that they can win without a marquee PG backup. When they finally figured out Cassell wasn't the right fit. Well- Marbury is 10x worse than Cassell as a selfish me first player.
Posted by Celtics Repeat January 2, 09 11:54 AM

15. Better than having E.T. come off the bench.

C's should sign Starmet instead of Starbury.

:lol:

#33 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 02, 2009 - 12:19 PM

Marbury with the Celtics.

'Marc Stein is well-connected, so he is generally accurate with things he reports,' writes Hahn. 'But I remain skeptical with his report on ESPN.com that Stephon Marbury will join the Boston Celtics once he reaches a buyout with the Knicks.

Link

#34 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 12:25 PM

Link

:lol: if Knicks don't buy him out.

#35 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 12:42 PM

I don't care - Bring it either way. Regardless, it's obvious that what the Celtics really need right now is a big.

#36 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted January 02, 2009 - 02:02 PM

This is all part of his plan join the celtics ruin their chemistry, and miss free throws on purpose :shifty:

and then join us and lead us to the championship :shifty:
Posted Image

#37 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 02, 2009 - 03:21 PM

you guys trying to fool yourselves saying he'll ruin the team need to realize a couple

first whether you believe it or try to convince yourself otherwise he will be a very minimal distraction which while most of you just simply regujetate the media steph himself has been very minimal but the knicks have made him out to be the devil and knowing he is still new yorks basketball son. the knicks are trying to mold him using past not current ideas to bury him.

hes earned that rep but hes been very tame this year. and the whole him refusing to play was part of new yorks plan to bury him. they never intended for him to play but needed something to make him look bad.

second regardless of what you think he is a enormous upgrade over eddie house and makes the celtics mor formidable. remember our edge was our bench and marbury closes the gap.

Yeah, but they don't really need him... If I were the Celtics ( :vomit: ), I rather pursue for a backup big... They need size...

Dayam, even Boston fans don't want him...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#38 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 02, 2009 - 04:49 PM

Actually they do need him. The Celtics lack a scorer off the bench.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#39 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 07:38 PM

I almost wish it's going to happen. It'll add more tension in the locker room.

#40 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,098 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 10:31 PM

Actually they do need him. The Celtics lack a scorer off the bench.

not to mention he a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over eddie house

davis
powe
ray
tony
marbury

is a potent bench

we beat them because our bench helped our lead grow because they couldn't score with their second unit

marbury in his prime was a legit 20ppg 8apg guy if hr gives the celtics half of that its a significant improvement and makes it much more difficult for us

you guys can joke all you want but come june the celtics will be there if healthy and all those marbury jokes will become i wished someone else signed him whining.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users