Who is the greatest player in Raiders history?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts
  • Fan Since:The Glory Days of Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Michael Cooper DPOY 1987

Posted August 07, 2008 - 08:39 AM

Jay Schroeder? Rusty Hilger...

I remember after Schroeder led an improbable Raider comeback win against Denver on MNF Davis proclaimed him the "second coming of Terry Bradshaw." He turned out to be a decent QB but never good enough. That AFC Championship Game debacle in Buffalo? Trading for him and giving up a Jim Lachey who became a perrenial Pro Bowl tackle ranks among the Silver and Black's worst ever deals.
Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#22 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 07, 2008 - 08:46 AM

I remember after Schroeder led an improbable Raider comeback win against Denver on MNF Davis proclaimed him the "second coming of Terry Bradshaw." He turned out to be a decent QB but never good enough. That AFC Championship Game debacle in Buffalo? Trading for him and giving up a Jim Lachey who became a perrenial Pro Bowl tackle ranks among the Silver and Black's worst ever deals.

the buffalo game where Bo didnt play? that was rough...that one stung for a while
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#23 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts

Posted August 07, 2008 - 09:30 AM

The Buffalo game where Bo didn't play? That was rough...that one stung for a while

Yep...that's the one. Probably THE worst lost in Raider history. Right up there with the infamous Immaculate Reception in the '70's. Jackson would have made a difference...kept their K-Gun offense off the field. I rooted for the Giants in the Super Bowl afterwards.
Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#24 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 07, 2008 - 09:45 AM

Yep...that's the one. Probably THE worst lost in Raider history. Right up there with the infamous Immaculate Reception in the '70's. Jackson would have made a difference...kept their K-Gun offense off the field. I rooted for the Giants in the Super Bowl afterwards.

i hated those Bills teams...hated them so much that i rooted for the Oilers when Reich was filling in for that one playoff game...hated them even more after they came back

but yea, Bo would have defnitely kept their offense on the sidelines...going into a hostile, cold weather, playoff game, the one thing we needed was ball control...all i remember was 3 and out and buffalo TDs right after
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#25 Aonex

Aonex

Rookie

• 99 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Magicman

Posted August 07, 2008 - 10:05 AM

Lol, Jay Schroeder... I prefer Jeff "The Hos" Hostetler.

#26 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts

Posted August 07, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Lol, Jay Schroeder... I prefer Jeff "The Hos" Hostetler.

My All-Time Raider QBs...
1. Jim Plunkett
2. Ken "The Snake" Stabler
3. Rich Gannon
4. Jeff Hostetler

Loved Hos' grit... Toughed it out even though he took a pounding behind a porous line.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users