Photo

Wilson Chandler 'Doesn't Really Understand How Good He Is'?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,643 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 01, 2009 - 01:58 PM

Posted Image

The Knicks are excited about what they see in Wilson Chandler and are holding out hope that he could develop into a go-to weapon.

"I think the biggest thing is Will doesn't really understand how good he is or how good he could be," Quentin Richardson said. "When I'm out there, I can see it, everybody can see it. Will's an interesting kid. He always listens well; he tries to do everything the coaches tell him. Even when I'm talking to him, he'll try to do what I'm talking about. I try to encourage him at different times, like, 'Yo, be aggressive. Go do what you do, get to the rim.' When he does his thing, it helps us."

Chandler, who is averaging 14.5 points per game, should be more of a consistent producer but often defers to the team's veteran players.

"I think I think too much sometimes," Chandler said.

http://www.newsday.c...0,6773306.story

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,299 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 01, 2009 - 02:01 PM

Most definitely their most interesting player. With a big time guy like LeBron running alongside him, he could really be a key weapon for them.

#3 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 01, 2009 - 03:24 PM

Say what you want about Isaiah, but the guy is a pretty good drafter. Drafting Lee, Chandler, and making good individual deals (getting Randolph for nothing). His problem was putting people who fit together.

But I really love where the Knicks are going...as long as they don't trade for Diaw. Duhon was a solid pickup. He's averaging around 8 dimes per. You have Wilson Chandler. You have Harrington who matches D'Antoni's system to a T. Nate Robinson plays with tons of heart on both ends.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users