All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 01, 2009 - 10:26 AM

http://sports.espn.g...e?playerId=3202

Who has been watching Durant this year?

Freeing him from PJ Carlesimo has been a huge blessing to him, and will likely be the key to him becoming an All-Star by next season.

No way this guy stays in OKC for life, right?

IMO, if Lebron goes East in 2010, the Lakers need to start paving the way to get this guy in Forum blue & gold when he becomes a free agent.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#2 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,666 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 01, 2009 - 11:22 AM

since carlesimo left/in the month of december he's been averaging about 25+ points ppg, a fg% well above 50, a 40+ 3pt%, and 7+ rebounds.

future of the league along with brandon roy

Edited by androsays, January 02, 2009 - 12:09 PM.

2div

#3 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 01, 2009 - 12:44 PM

He is amazing.

His team on the other hand... the opposite of him.

#4 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 01, 2009 - 03:27 PM

The fact that he's shooting around 47% with pretty much nobody on his team with scoring ability is astounding. You'd think that teams would just double. But the guy moves well without the ball and is so damn long and tall that he's really nearly impossible to guard. This is a guy with great defensive potential as well, with his freakishly long arms, and speed. He's averaging 1 blk and 1 steal per contest which is pretty damn good.

I really like this player a lot, and I do believe he would be a great replacement by the time Kobe gets too old to be a primary option (which will be a while though).
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#5 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 01, 2009 - 05:09 PM

The fact that he's shooting around 47% with pretty much nobody on his team with scoring ability is astounding. You'd think that teams would just double. But the guy moves well without the ball and is so damn long and tall that he's really nearly impossible to guard. This is a guy with great defensive potential as well, with his freakishly long arms, and speed. He's averaging 1 blk and 1 steal per contest which is pretty damn good.

I really like this player a lot, and I do believe he would be a great replacement by the time Kobe gets too old to be a primary option (which will be a while though).

Agree.

#6 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,443 posts
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted January 01, 2009 - 05:17 PM

They got some nice young talent the Thunder do. Westbrook has been performing well for a rookie, he'll get better in time. We all know what Durant can do, and Jeff Green has really started to establish himself as well.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#7 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 01, 2009 - 05:42 PM

i think Durant along side Kobe would be outstanding, but thats not likely, i do like westbrook, durant, and green as a foundation, now they need big men, and it looks like another lottery year for them so...
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#8 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 02, 2009 - 11:49 AM

i think Durant along side Kobe would be outstanding, but thats not likely, i do like westbrook, durant, and green as a foundation, now they need big men, and it looks like another lottery year for them so...

Westbrook - Durant - Green as a foundation is great, but right now they are lacking simple roleplayers. These 3 players have alot of potential, but they don't have any substance around them. Unfortunately, if OKC can't get in some good enough roleplayers around them, then I see all three of those players leaving.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#9 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 02, 2009 - 03:22 PM

I don't care for the other two to be honest. Those guys are merely role player. Green may be really good, but I don't like the fact that Westbrook has zero shooting ability. You need to shoot as a guard in today's game.

Russell just needs to develop a jump shot. So far I've been more impressed with Chalmers.

Edited by lakerfool, January 02, 2009 - 03:40 PM.

Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users