Photo

So As I Was watching the Cavaliers Game...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2009 - 02:22 AM

^I already assassinated that post.

http://lakernation.c...mp;#entry167277

not really...I Agree with JD.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#22 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 02, 2009 - 02:29 AM

not really...I Agree with JD.

Prove me wrong then. You can be next. :thankyou:
Basketball Reasons...

#23 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 02, 2009 - 03:22 AM

Heir, your article makes a STRONG case as to why the Cavaliers are better. Yes, in record they are. But Lakers make a strong counter by beating a team who was on a 19 game winning streak and in that win streak was beating teams by 13.16 Points on the road. Lakers have also beat 6 teams with winning records, as of right now at home. As for the Cavaliers, haven't beat a strong, streaking team like the Celtics at home and they have only beat 4 teams with winning records at home. Sure, defense wins championship and your article showed that the Lakers allowed Nine out of Seventeen teams over 100. In all the home games, When you look at the teams they have beaten in terms of points per game, Lakers have played more teams with a higher PPG than the Cavaliers did. If you exclude the Lakers in points per game, The Lakers have played 10 teams out of 17 that are in the top 15 in scoring. (excluding themselves). The Lakers have played four top 5 teams in scoring points per game, Two teams in the top 10-6 teams in the league in scoring, and four teams in the 15-10 range. Now same thing for the Cavaliers, top 15 in scoring (top 15 teams played, excluding themselves). Cavs played three teams in the top 5, two teams in the 10-6 range (Beating Indiana twice bringing the total to 3 in this range) and 3 teams in the 15-11 range. Stats for win margin can be ultimately skewed because watching the Lakers, they have had double digit leads and prematurely stuck the benches weaker players in who lose the lead but still pulls out the win. Naturally, when you play higher scoring teams (ESP the ones that score over 100 on a daily basis) no matter how good your defense is, they are going to score a little more than the lower scoring teams will in the league. Lakers played more teams in the top 10, so the stats are skewed IMO, Cavaliers did play more lower scoring teams than the Lakers so a comparison as to point margin and how low they held them to is bad. Cavaliers starters average 10 minutes more per game than the Lakers starters average. So of course they will do better with more PT on the court. Imagine if we could put our starters in for a combined 10 minutes more, it would make a big difference than putting SUN YUE on the court. Not saying that the Cavalies are not a good team at all like the TS said, just wanted to make a counter to what you said.

Edited by Base, January 02, 2009 - 03:30 AM.

#24 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted January 02, 2009 - 03:55 AM

^
:huh:
You went completely off track. That article wasn't about who was better between us and Cleveland, it was about not just assuming Cleveland has a strong record because of the teams they've played. If somebody like Hollinger said that about us everybody would flame him. It can't work both ways.

^THAT's what it was about, not comparing who was better. Just that instead of being so quick to say Cleveland isn't all that great, we have plenty of flaws as well. Those stats I broke down only compared the home games the teams have played, that's what I meant when I said I could've gone a lot deeper than I did because when I initially started writing that article it wasn't to compare who was better.

Edited by Heir, January 02, 2009 - 03:56 AM.

Basketball Reasons...

#25 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 02, 2009 - 04:07 AM

^
:huh:
You went completely off track. That article wasn't about who was better between us and Cleveland, it was about not just assuming Cleveland has a strong record because of the teams they've played. If somebody like Hollinger said that about us everybody would flame him. It can't work both ways.

^THAT's what it was about, not comparing who was better. Just that instead of being so quick to say Cleveland isn't all that great, we have plenty of flaws as well. Those stats I broke down only compared the home games the teams have played, that's what I meant when I said I could've gone a lot deeper than I did because when I initially started writing that article it wasn't to compare who was better.

Sorry, I got the picture that you were comparing the two teams together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users