Photo

Jermaine O'Neal To Be Traded?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,541 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 31, 2008 - 12:05 AM

Posted Image

Jermaine O'Neal welcomed a trade from Indiana in an effort to rejuvenate his stalled career.

Instead, O'Neal is again the focus of trade rumors as the Toronto Raptors, expected to make a deep run in the playoffs, continue their march toward the league's most disappointing team award.

"I don't worry about that (trade) stuff," O'Neal said. "At the end of the day, I know what I can do and I will continue to prove it. If it doesn't work out (in Toronto), then it doesn't work out."

O'Neal and a second-round pick of the 2008 draft were traded to Toronto for T. J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic and Maceo Baston in July. The addition of the 6-foot-11, 260-pound O'Neal with all-star Chris Bosh was expected to produce a strong frontcourt, better rebounding and tougher interior defense. But O'Neal plays the same position as Bosh, the team's leading scorer and rebounder.

"I have to stand around a little bit and watch," O'Neal said. "It's been hard. I knew it would be a hard transition, but to what extent, I really didn't know. I'm not gonna lie. It's been one of the challenging things I've ever done in my life."

O'Neal, 30, looked forward to leaving Indiana after his last four seasons were filled with suspensions, injuries and criticism that started when he was suspended for 25 games after the infamous brawl in Detroit in 2005. He missed a total of 122 games during his final four seasons in Indiana.

"I don't like talking about other people's issues all the time," O'Neal said. "It became more of a burden than anything."

O'Neal is averaging 13.4 points and 7.5 rebounds a game, but showed that he's still capable of producing big numbers when he scored 36 points in the Raptors' 107-101 win at Sacramento on Friday. Regardless of whether he remains in Toronto or is traded in his 13th season, O'Neal said he plans to play another four years.

http://www.oregonliv...neal_to_be.html

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 31, 2008 - 12:50 AM

I don't think he is the problem in the Raps, their bench is weak, very weak. they have no depth, and they have an assistant coach directing them. The starters are good, but it ends there.
Posted Image

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,453 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2008 - 12:56 AM

^ Agreed, I believe they really dont have depth to back up the starters.

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted December 31, 2008 - 02:42 AM

sadly i would still trade lamar for him sadly
Posted Image

#5 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted December 31, 2008 - 03:18 PM

The Raptors are not the league's most disappointing team. That dubious distinction is held by the 76ers and its not even close.

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 31, 2008 - 04:40 PM

Bosh is soft. Any player that can't take booing from the fans when they're way below 500 & underachieving like crazy is a softie.

#7 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 31, 2008 - 04:41 PM

I expected them to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, they're beneath Chicago, Philly, and New York who are also out of the playoffs as of right now.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users