KG admits to cheating

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:32 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3591949
FULL article inside link.

"NBA 2K9 features a new defensive skill where you can actually grab the jersey of your opponent to try and slow them down as they cut to the hoop. Would KG ever do something like that? "I do even better," he laughs then breaks down the tricks of his trade. "My tricks are all advanced. A lot of people don't have the arm length, strength, or quickness to pull my tricks off. One of the dirtiest but coldest tricks, I forearm the guy in the chest, rip the ball, then keep going with it. It's a foul, but it's a very, very technical and advanced move to pull off without getting the foul called. Other tricks are stepping on the guy's feet, holding his hand, then knowing when to let go at the right time so it's not a foul."
Posted Image

Well, at least he admits it. Just a bleepin' shame the league refuses to ever acknowledge it.

Edited by Chicano, December 30, 2008 - 03:34 PM.

#2 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:38 PM

most players in the NBA that are considered great defenders do this type of stuff, or have their own little tricks that should be considered fouls. if the refs see it, i would imagine they'll call it, but most players are smart enough to do this in a way and at angle that makes it very unlikely that the refs would see it. if you've the watched the lakers for any length of time, you've probably kobe grab a jersey or someone's arm going a screen.

Posted Image

#3 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:40 PM

Yeh I see other players do this as well. But the thing is, why would Garnett admit it? I mean, wouldn't it give the referees something to look at the next time he plays? Just brings more attention to himself than necessary.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:42 PM

He sure forgot to admit to his illegal screens though, those are the worst! Especially ones to the magnitude of the ones he layed on Zaza Pachulia and Italian Marco Belinelli most recently.

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:42 PM

Yeh I see other players do this as well. But the thing is, why would Garnett admit it? I mean, wouldn't it give the referees something to look at the next time he plays? Just brings more attention to himself than necessary.

yea, thats what i was wondering...i wonder if he thought it was off the record or something

Posted Image

#6 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:44 PM

yea, thats what i was wondering...i wonder if he thought it was off the record or something

Garnett is probably one of those players where he feels like he can get away with anything. I mean after everything he's done with the taunting and hard fouls on players; the refs didn't call it then, they probably wouldn't call it now.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#7 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:45 PM

He sure forgot to admit to his illegal screens though, those are the worst! Especially ones to the magnitude of the ones he layed on Zaza Pachulia and Italian Marco Belinelli most recently.

i browsed through the article, and he actually says he believes he's the best in the league at setting screens...lol

thats probably because half of them are illegal

Posted Image

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:48 PM

^ Oh really? Didn't catch that, guess he was most likely being sarcastic/subliminal as you somewhat mentioned with the lol.

#9 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:55 PM

^ Oh really? Didn't catch that, guess he was most likely being sarcastic/subliminal as you somewhat mentioned with the lol.

actually, i got the impression he was dead serious...haha

Posted Image

#10 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted December 30, 2008 - 04:03 PM

I think he was serious, he thought he was off the record. I would spit my secrets of everything I do as a good defender if I thought I was off the record.

#11 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 30, 2008 - 04:11 PM

now everyone's gonna be watching him.

#12 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 04:45 PM

actually, i got the impression he was dead serious...haha

It's no secret to anyone who watched the Celtics this year that KG will lay you out with a pick if you're not paying attention (and sometimes even if you see it coming). "It is what it is," he says with a laugh. "I take pride in setting picks. I believe and I know I am the best pick setter in the NBA. I know how to set a pick on the rear of someone to slow them down. Then when it comes to the defensive end, when my guy is getting picked, I'm the best at showing. That's when I reach out and use my long arms to my advantage, stopping the ball on picks. Arm length and positioning are the key."

I guess you're probably right.

#13 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted December 30, 2008 - 05:33 PM

:lol: wow. I hope someone breaks kgs jaw i really do.. i wouldn't care at all.

Edited by m4mb4 24, December 30, 2008 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#14 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 30, 2008 - 06:20 PM

This is what helps make a great defender. Just cuz he admits it doesn't mean he's the only cheater.

How many people called Bruce Bowen a dirty player (which he was)? And how great of a perimeter defender was he?

#15 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 06:34 PM

^ You make solid points, but still, you defend KG too much too often and that frankly, as a Lakers fan, worries me.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users