Posted December 30, 2008 - 02:04 PM

http://www.clublaker.......=9&t=105484

I was unable to find an English article but someone from CL translated it

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 02:30 PM

He had a wrist injury bothering him most of the year sitting him out a bunch of games so that stopped his progression a bit, not surprised.

#3 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:21 PM

isn't he 17?

he doesn't have a choice, i thought they changed it so you have to be 19 to be eligible for the NBA?

Posted Image

#4 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 31, 2008 - 03:30 AM

isn't he 17?

he doesn't have a choice, i thought they changed it so you have to be 19 to be eligible for the NBA?

He's 18.

I think it's a good decision, that injury has stopped him from playing. He needs at least another full year at his top level, and he will be able to enter the draft.
Posted Image

#5 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted December 31, 2008 - 05:53 AM

It's not just a matter of personal choice. He's got a 6 million euro buyout clause to pay (although his agent claims it's only 4.5 million) if he wants out of his contract before 2011, so going into the draft knowing he wouldn't be able to join his team yet would undoubtedly make his draft stock drop.

He's earning a pitiful 80K euro a year, so a possible scenario is that he may be bought out by some euro team with a lot of cash to spend since frankly any contract he gets will be a huge improvement for him. If anything, Rubio could use such an offer to renegotiate his contract with DKV Joventut for a higher salary and a shorter lenght, or a cheaper NBA buyout clause.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users