Am I Alone on This?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hate to say it, but is it just me or do we seem to be playing much much better without 'Ear Jordan'?

Edited by Chicano, January 06, 2009 - 05:54 PM.

#2 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:53 PM

i love him as a player but I agree

there are less shots taken by the team

Posted Image

#3 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:54 PM

I don't think it has to do with him. Everyone was just wack for a while. Not his fault. The game he got injured was after the meeting with Phil and he was playing much better

#4 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:54 PM

You're not the only one... I'd hate to say he's some curse but - we areee doing muchhh better without him.

#5 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:57 PM

Our offense definitely seems more unselfish and less erratic.
Basketball Reasons...

#6 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:58 PM

see see seeee who said it first? thats right...maddocks always knows.......should get my own tv show.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#7 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 29, 2008 - 08:59 PM

Yeah ya' know, I just feel like unconfident sometimes when he's in the game. His shot selection is really bad at times, he's confident and that's good, but sometimes to a fault and it gets the best of him as he tries to do too much and his defense is pretty awful sadly.

As I said in another thread, although he's definitely the more better & skilled overall offensive player than Tyronn Lue, I feel like Lue is definitely the better defender and a guy who you could trust more down the stretch & overall and would take much much fewer bad shots.

#8 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,507 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:00 PM

i love sasha at pg

#9 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,455 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:09 PM

We still need him and he is a great attribute to this team. I hated seeing Sun in the game when Fish got in foul trouble and we played with Sasha and Sun. Sun hasn't been playing well at all when he gets in games, even in garbage time. I'm not expecting anything out of him since he is still learning, but I don't feel comfortable giving him meaningful minutes yet.

And I just think it's a coincidence. Us playing better had to do with getting back on track for the Christmas day game and now we are still on a high from that.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#10 PurpNGold

PurpNGold

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:15 PM

i like sasha at the point also.. but can we adequately guard those fast PGs with him at the 1?

#11 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,814 posts

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:17 PM

TRADE HIM!!!

lol jk

#12 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba & BYNUM

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:33 PM

jordan does have poor shot selection and tends to forget to run the offense, but the team is playing better because they fought their way outta the funk they were in. Boston cleared their heads and they realized defense had gone out the window after the first couple of weeks in the season. they dont play better without farmar...they just play better when their heads are on straight. Farmar is the future but he needs to learn how to do what he is told
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:44 PM

Personally, I think if we weren't such a loyal franchise, we could really have better than Farmar. In other words, we could trade him for someone better, but of course, that's not gonna' happen more than anything because of the loyal part I mentioned.

#14 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:48 PM

Personally, I think if we weren't such a loyal franchise, we could really have better than Farmar. In other words, we could trade him for someone better, but of course, that's not gonna' happen more than anything because of the loyal part I mentioned.

Agreed.

#15 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2008 - 10:02 PM

well maybe his injury has helped
everybody has played smarter as an example no stupid fouls etc cuz we have one less key guy from the roster?
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#16 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted December 29, 2008 - 10:18 PM

well maybe his injury has helped
everybody has played smarter as an example no stupid fouls etc cuz we have one less key guy from the roster?

That's a good point.
Basketball Reasons...

#17 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted December 29, 2008 - 10:53 PM

That loyalty you speak of makes us the best franchise in the league. Players and coaches alike. There are teams out there firing coaches of the year, Either that award is bogus, or there are idiots running these franchises! I will accept the possibility that it is both!

#18 Thizz

Thizz

Rookie

• 299 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 10:56 PM

Back ups have been stepping up. I have been harsh on Sasha throughout his career but he played beatifully yesterday. When Farmar is on, he helps this team a lot but when his shot is off he is a liability offensively and defensiv. I dont expect Sasha to put up the same numbers he put up against the Warriors but as long as he plays decent defense and can hit some 3's we will be fine while Farmar is out

#19 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted December 29, 2008 - 11:21 PM

I've seen improved play by everyone the past several games, most notably Kobe. Pau was definitely the best player of the first quarter of the season, but looks like Kobe is returning to his old self. He's making better chocies on both sides of the court, and I think it's just catching on with the rest of the guys. I'll be an optimist and say that the improved play is because our guys on the floor are playing better, and not because of the absense of Ego Ears.

#20 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:36 AM

Also, is it just me, or has Farmar for the most part almost always seemed to play much better at home than on the road? He rarely ever plays nearly as well as he does at home on the road imo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users